FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remembering Jackie Brandt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Melissa P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remembering Jackie Brandt
    Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 10:31pm
I just found out a local TNBC sister, Jackie Brandt had passed at 55 on April 25, 2014. Jackie was a  part of our local breast cancer support group. I last saw her in December at our holiday party and announces that her TNBC recurrence had spread to brain. That was the last time she came to support group.  So sad to lose another sister...

Jacqueline "Jackie" Theresa Brandt PDF Print E-mail
Written by provided to Sentinel-Tribune   
Saturday, 26 April 2014 08:26
Jackie-BrandtJacqueline "Jackie" Theresa Brandt passed away on Friday, April 25, 2014. She was born
Jacqueline Theresa Drummer on June 1, 1958 to John and Evelyn Drummer of Custar.
She was blessed with two wonderful sons and their families. Lee Dotts of Rudolph with wife Sara and grandson, Edward, and Patrick Dotts of Atlanta, married to Caroline and expecting Harper Rose.
Surviving are her husband Carl Brandt, brothers, Greg (Kadene), of Havre, MT, Roger (Laura,) John (Marlyn) of Dover, Ohio, and sister Margaret.
She worked as MIS Administrator at Principle Business Enterprises from June of 1976 until her death.
She enjoyed gardening and created a beautiful landscape at her home, cooking, reading, traveling, and spending time with friends and family. Her most recent vacations were to Florida with her family in February, and Puerto Rico, and Hawaii. She liked the outdoors and hiking, and frequented National Parks all over the country. In her younger days she enjoyed playing softball and golf.
Visitation will be held at DUNN FUNERAL HOME in Bowling Green, Ohio on Monday from 2-4pm and 6pm-8pm. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at the church of the Good Shepherd, where she was a member, 5589 Holcomb Road, Wayne, Ohio on Tuesday with Pastor Brad Kehn, officiating.
She will be laid to rest with her parents who preceded her at Milton Township Cemetery, Custar.
-In lieu of flowers, please make a donation to "Church of the Good Shepherd", "Cherry St. Mission" "Hospice of Northwest Ohio" or "Victory Center" (a breast cancer support group). Condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.dunnfuneralhome.com.

"Hope for more Tomorrows"
TNBC dx August 2009, Age 41, Stage 2, 2cm, 0 nodes Lumpectomy/ACx4,Taxolx4/33rads
Triple Negative Breast Cancer, "I Won't Back Down!"
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 10:43pm
Thank you Melissa for posting about the loss of another beautiful person to this horrible disease.  May Jackie be at peace and her family comforted with the love and memories of her.  Just so sad.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 5:34pm
Dear Melissa,
Thank you for sharing Jackie with us. I send my deepest condolences to her family and friends. Also to you Melissa. When we lose a sister to this dreadful disease, it takes a tiny piece of our hearts.

Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
Melissa P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 5:31pm
Thank you Donna and Lillie... Just discouraging that 5 years out from my diagnosis, there is still no targeted therapy in sight. Hope for more tomorrow ladies Heart xoox
"Hope for more Tomorrows"
TNBC dx August 2009, Age 41, Stage 2, 2cm, 0 nodes Lumpectomy/ACx4,Taxolx4/33rads
Triple Negative Breast Cancer, "I Won't Back Down!"
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic