FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remembering Kathleen Good

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Melissa P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remembering Kathleen Good
    Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:09am

Rest Peacefully Kathleen Good

Diagnosed January 2012, Stage 2b, Lumpectomy, chemo, rads

April 2013- Recurrence with a 1cm. mets to liver and a derma-metastasis across the chest.  About 1 month after celebrating 1yr "cancer free", started getting little skin bumps (skin mets) across chest and a tumor had returned to the same breast had surgery on. Ct scan then also showed a liver met.
June 2013- Liver met has shrunk 90% after just 6wks on Xeloda, Methotrexate and Vinovelbine 

Dec 2013- The clinical trial I was on (for a PARP inhibitor) did nothing for me. The cancer has grown in my liver and now there are 3 spots. It has also grown in my spine and spread to my hip.  

Had no genetic mutations at all, but the cancer mutated giving me BRCA 1 and 2, pi3k and some others.  When they sampled the biopsy of my recurrence, that was when the mutations were discovered. When first diagnosed and tested- I had no genetic mutations.

Kathleen was a part of our TNBC Sisters group and has always been very supportive of all of us.

Link to Kathleen's Good's Obituary: http://www.curnowfuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2535984&fh_id=10210

Kathleen L. Good, age 53
Diagnosed January 2012
Recurrence April 2013
Departed May 21, 2014

"Hope for more Tomorrows"
TNBC dx August 2009, Age 41, Stage 2, 2cm, 0 nodes Lumpectomy/ACx4,Taxolx4/33rads
Triple Negative Breast Cancer, "I Won't Back Down!"
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:49am
It is with Great Sorrow that I read about the death of another triple negative sister.
I express Sympathy to all of Kathleen's family and friends. May she Rest In Peace.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
TriplePositiveGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 8:43pm
I'm sad to read about the death of Kathleen. I am also very curious how she became BRCA 1 and 2+ after testing negative initially. How can that happen? That is scary.

My thoughts go out to her family and friends. May she rest in peace.

Lisa

Diagnosed Jan 2010; Stage IIa, grade 2, 3.2cm in rt. breast, no nodes and BRCA-. 4 cycles Carbo/Gemzar 3/10; Lump 6/10; 2 cycles carbo/gem after surgery 8/10; 35 Rads finished 12/1/10. NED.
Melissa P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 12:25am
Lisa, I've heard that you can be tested and it can come back negative and then get tested a 2nd time and come back positive... I'm not quite sure, I never been BRCA tested.  I copied and pasted as exactly as quoted from one of her postings.
"Hope for more Tomorrows"
TNBC dx August 2009, Age 41, Stage 2, 2cm, 0 nodes Lumpectomy/ACx4,Taxolx4/33rads
Triple Negative Breast Cancer, "I Won't Back Down!"
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic