FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remembering Adriana Olsen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Melissa P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remembering Adriana Olsen
    Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 8:38pm

Remembering TNBC Sister, Adriana Martinez Olsen...

"I appreciate you all for supporting me, being my cheerleaders, being the gals who share your journeys, hardships, tears and laughter morning, noon or in the middle of the night." - Adriana

Diagnosed 2009, TNBC Stage2.  Stage4, Recurrence to chest in December 2010. 

"I'm seriously a miracle because right about now, I wasn't supposed to be here... NED since Aug 31st of last year."  (June 2013)
Adriana remained "no evidence of disease" (NED) for 2+ years while doing Carbo/PARP trial. December 2013, diagnosed with brain mets.
March 2014- Cancer spreads and was taken off the Carbo/Parp trial after at least 44 treatments over the past 3 years since her original recurrence.
Sadly, Adriana Olsen, Age 36, passed away on April 13th, 2014. Us TNBC ladies have been hit with too much heartache these days, we will miss you Adriana.

Back from our trip. Saddened to hear of Janelle's news. 
This is for you gals, and especially for her. Lit a candle in Christ Church Cathedral in 
Dublin, wrote a prayer in the prayer book. Janelle, you are on my mind. 
I have a video of me lighting the candle that I will post on her page with a message. 
Peace and love
— at Christ Church Cathedral Dublin

Edited by Melissa P. - Apr 17 2014 at 8:39pm
"Hope for more Tomorrows"
TNBC dx August 2009, Age 41, Stage 2, 2cm, 0 nodes Lumpectomy/ACx4,Taxolx4/33rads
Triple Negative Breast Cancer, "I Won't Back Down!"
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic