FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michelle Streat, Marie Ashton, Melissa Gollnick

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Melissa P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michelle Streat, Marie Ashton, Melissa Gollnick
    Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 4:11pm

Triple Negative Breast Cancer Sisters Courage to Let Go

Remembering someone special...
Heaven gained an angel.
Life's new beginning... 

We've lost too many young women to Triple Negative Breast Cancer this past year in our TNBC Sisters support group. This month in January, Three more sisters were called home to our Lord to be our sister angels. They are the real victors in their cancer battles, They fought hard with all they had, clinging to life. In the end, they had the courage to let go... let go of their suffering, the anxiety and their exhaustion as they're in transit to move on to their next life's journey in Heaven. Leaving behind their loved ones, children and friends is the hardest part of their journey, much harder than us saying good-bye to our sweet sisters. God Bless their families and may Michelle Streat, Marie Ashton and Melissa Gollnick rest peacefully now.

"Always in our thoughts - Forever in our hearts."

Michelle Oleson Streat, age 42
Passed January 13, 2013
from nearly 4½ battle with TNBC

Marie Ashton, age 40
Passed January 28, 2013
from TNBC

Melissa Gollnick, Age 35
Passed January 31, 2013 

from TNBC, less than a month 
after recurrence diagnosis

Edited by Melissa P. - Feb 05 2013 at 12:54am
"Hope for more Tomorrows"
TNBC dx August 2009, Age 41, Stage 2, 2cm, 0 nodes Lumpectomy/ACx4,Taxolx4/33rads
Triple Negative Breast Cancer, "I Won't Back Down!"
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 4:27pm
this brings tears to my eyes.... their suffering is done, bless their faimlys   beck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 5:55pm
Beck, these ladies were truly special and inspirational. - Melissa

TNBC dx August 2009, Age 41, Stage 2, 2cm, 0 nodes Lumpectomy/ACx4,Taxolx4/33rads
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
Grateful for today View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful for today Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 6:36pm

Sincere sympathy to the families and friends of Michelle Streat, Marie Ashton, Melissa Gollnick
       and to Melissa P and the entire TNBC family.

May they rest in Eternal Peace and Love.
May their spirit encircle their families and friends with strength and love.

Grateful for today..............Judy
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 8:59pm
Melissa,

Thank you so much.  It's been a tough month on the other TNBC Sister FB group to lose these wonderful women.  Michelle, Marie and Melissa were just amazing women and taken way too soon.  They had so much life left to live.  This terrible disease make me angry that they've been taken from their families too soon.  I hope others know how terrific they were and will be missed.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

TriplePositiveGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 9:00pm
Rest in Peace beautiful ladies. I pray for their families as they grieve their losses. So very sad.

Lisa
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 8:39pm
Dear Melissa P,
Thank you for sharing pictures of Marie, Melissa and Michelle.  I can look at each lovely face and see what has been taken from families and friends. 

May they rest in peace.
My condolances to family and friends.

God Bless,
Lillie

Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
arabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 1:45am
How sad....such beautiful young women.....gone.  I too think of the  families and all the many lives these young women affected and touched.

This remembrance here is so kind and touching.

May they rest in peace and may their families find peace some how.
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 2:58pm
Melissa, thanks for posting a tribute to our sweet sisters.  
They were all such wonderful women.  I especially enjoyed Marie's sense of humor.
Those of us who remain in the FB TN group really miss them and are saddened by their loss.
Love,
Denise

DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
tninalabama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tninalabama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2013 at 9:00pm
So sad these young women are gone from this life. 

Dx 11/07,stII bgr3,1/8+, metaplastic, recurrence 11/09, lymph dis 12/13+ 07/10, rad,x28 9/10,02/11 mets

BRCA neg
5-FMC since 03/12
PET 04/12,no progression
Bone scan clear 06/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2013 at 9:16pm
We keep fighting for these ladies... till we're all safe. <3
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 5:24am
Dear Melissa,

thank you, as always and Denise, thank you, too for sharing your remembrances with us...

I have no brilliant words, just a profound sadness that this awful disease remains such a challenge. 

with sincere condolences to all of the families and loved ones who are grieving,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
debB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote debB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 8:39am
So very sad. My deepest condolences to each of their families.

Deb
Dx 4/29/11, 46 yrs old, 3.9 cm tumor, Stg 2 Grade 3 chemo 4 rounds DD AC, 12 weekly taxol, finish. Lumpectomy, 2mm residual tumor. 37 rounds rads completed. Cisplatin/PARP trial
denise07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denise07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2013 at 11:16pm
So very sad young beautiful women taken from this awful disease. I truely am at loss of words...
DX Idc 10/07,st2,gr3,2/6 lymphnodes
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2013 at 11:22am
So at a loss for words!
Beautiful, vibrant, loving, gifts to all who knew them!
This disease is ruthless!!!!
Bless all who morn these beautiful souls,
May a cure be close at hand,
for the ones left behind.
God Bless & Keep you all in the Palm of His Hand.
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
courtice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote courtice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2013 at 6:59pm
All 3 of these women were far too young, they were undoubtedly loved by many, it's so hard to see this disease take so many beautiful people so young.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2013 at 7:09pm
Too many TNBC recurrences happening recently that I know, many not too far out of treatment. Let us pray for these ladies Heart
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic