FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inflammatory Breast Cancer a new forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2017 at 8:13pm
Dear avjoglek,

I read your post and greatly appreciate the time you took to write.

I have a great deal of experience with helping women with IBC/TNBC and I would like to try to help you/your Mom. I am not a medical professional and will not give you/her medical advice but perhaps I can be a resource for you in some way. I am sending you a PM with my contact information and hope to hear from you.

warmly,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
Catherine1211 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherine1211 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2021 at 10:28pm
hello,  my sister (age 41) has recently been diagnosed with triple negative inflammatory breast cancer. After a multitude of tests we have been told it has spread to the other side, her lymph nodes & her sternum. She's been sent for a PET scan & futher biopsies. A futher two weeks has now passed,  & after waiting petrified again,  the results wasn't ready. At this appointment her doctor told us her chemotherapy needed to start immediately because of how much it had  grown in a short space of time.  A futher 2 weeks have passed & finally today She's started her chemotherapy. She has received 2 different types of this today & is very ill. I am glad I've found this site & hopefully find a positive post to show her.
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2021 at 10:53pm
Dear Catherine,

It's the middle of the night for you but if you send me a Private Message I will send you my phone number or if you write to me at info@sagepatientadvocates.org and provide your email I can set up a Zoom now. I will send you my phone number in a PM to you now.

Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC) is a very difficult cancer to treat. But there are success stories if the chemo works. If there is a complete response to the treatment then from my experience surgery is the next step.

For some unknown reason 70% of women who have IBC have TNBC. The converse is not true. 

I am very close friends with one of the world's leading IBC experts. If we can talk I am hopeful to get input from him and maybe he knows your sister's oncologist? Is your sister being treated in Liverpool?

I will try to help in anyway including talking to you now or tomorrow morning after 8:30 a.m. San Diego time (I believe we are 8 hours behind you so it is 7:48 p.m. now for me and 3:48 a.m. for you and tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. my time it will be 16:30 pm your time.

I am not a medical professional and I will not give you/your sister medical advice but I am hoping I can be of use to you/your sister.

There will be no charges to you/your sister from either SAGE Patient Advocates (a U.S. non-profit foundation) or myself.

warmly,

Steve

I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic