FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

our new forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ssam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2016 at 8:25am
Dear Steve, I just wanted to offer a positive experience of radiation, so far.  I have very small breasts and had 15 rads + 5 booster rads in April 2016 after 2 lumpectomies and although tiring, found the whole experience to be very manageable and almost pain free.  I had some reddening towards the end, but used bio oil and E45 3 times per day, every day which worked well for me.  3 months later now and my breast seems fine from the rad treatment.  Hope this might help other ladies who are worried going into this type of treatment.
Dx Dec 2015. Stage 1 Grade 2.
6mm tumour. No lymph nodes involved. No chemo. 20 rads. Age 50.
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2016 at 9:04am
Hi Ssam,

thank you for sharing your positive story with us...

I am sure all here wish you the best of luck.

Next month will be my daughter's 12th year anniversary. She is NED (No Evidence of Disease). We are so thankful.

warmly,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
romnessprite2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote romnessprite2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2016 at 1:29am
Hi. I had 25 radiation treatments and got a very mild sunburn on the last 2 days. That was june 2. Now Im all healed up. I used fresh aloe vera plant leaves. It was amasing. I put it on before bed and by morning it was a lot better. I was skeptical of it but my friend bought me a small plant and even the nurse was surprised. Its kind of gooey clear stuff but dries quickly.
Stage 3A. TNBC Diagnosed 9/15/15 2cm grade3. 4AC & 12taxl .double mastectomy3/8/16. 25 rads finished6/2. xeloda started 7/7/16 stopped xeloda because of side effects7/14/16. BRCA+
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2016 at 7:54am
Romnesprite,

I tried everything they suggested, but like you, found the actual aloe plant to work the best.  The relief was amazing.  My friend gave me their very old and large aloe plant when I was going through treatment.

Donna

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Nankub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nankub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2016 at 4:53pm
Hello tnbc tribe,
I'm getting ready to start radiation to a 4cm met on my adrenal gland.
I'm told I will be in a type of body cast and it will take 3 sessions to destroy it.
Has anyone had this type of radiation? I keep seeing 20+ treatments?
The same doc that did my 2 cyber knife treatments on my brain Mets is doing it. With that they put your head in a halo (horror) to be perfectly still and it only required one dose to each tumor. I had 5 tumors the first time(2015) and 1 the second(2016) there are 3 still showing up on the mri and since they were hit they are now dead and my body will clear them out like the others.
Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. This radiation will keep me from having to go back on chemo

Thanks, Nancy.
Diagnosed 3/13/2015 stage 4, age50, BRCA1pos,triple neg both breasts+lymph nodes,Mets to bone/spine rib,lungs,brain.8 months chemo,cyber knife on brain in 2015,2016.4cm tumor on adrenal found 9/30/16
Nankub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nankub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2016 at 5:02pm
Steve,
I also wanted to tell you how happy it is to hear of your daughters good health.

Keep shining bright,
Nancy
Diagnosed 3/13/2015 stage 4, age50, BRCA1pos,triple neg both breasts+lymph nodes,Mets to bone/spine rib,lungs,brain.8 months chemo,cyber knife on brain in 2015,2016.4cm tumor on adrenal found 9/30/16
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2016 at 9:37pm
Hi Nancy,

I sincerely wish you good luck in your upcoming treatment.

I think it is absolutely extraordinary that, with everything you have and are enduring with your own journey, that you found it in your heart to think about me and my daughter.
Incredibly considerate of you and I thank you.

We are all blessed to have this forum in our lives, populated by so many lovely, caring people.

warmly,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic