New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Psychosocial Needs Matter Most at the End of Life
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Psychosocial Needs Matter Most at the End of Life

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Psychosocial Needs Matter Most at the End of Life
    Posted: Aug 20 2012 at 12:54pm
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
Ronnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2012 at 2:02pm
I'm not sure where to post this so I thought I'd put it here initially, if there's another place to post this do let me know.  My stepdaughter, Amara, died on August 7.  Just 17 months post  diagnosis and unfortunately she never did get that remission she was going for.  Amara was 41 with two small children.  Her daughter started kindergarden this past week.  Amara said she felt fortunate that she didn't suffer as so many people do.  She had grit and a fierce determination! I want to thank you and the many folks here at this site for the support you provided me and for the wonderful support everyone provides to one another.  With appreciation, Ronnie
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2012 at 2:13pm
Dear Ronnie,

I think this was a good place to post your beautiful remembrance of your stepdaughter, Amara. I am so sorry for your and your family's loss. Unfortunately, at times, for reasons we do not know yet, TNBC does not respond to chemotherapy with tragic results.

The other thought I have is to post, with whatever detail you would like in our tributes section but I would not remove this post. I think this topic is important. 

To be honest, though, more people will probably view the Tribute thread, if you decide to post there. 

You can review some of the other tributes to see what others have written.

You have our heartfelt condolences.

warmly,

Steve

Edited by steve - Sep 10 2012 at 12:05am
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
TriplePositiveGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2012 at 5:08pm
Dear Ronnie,

I am so very sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you and your family, especially Amara's children. May she rest in peace.
Sincerely,
Lisa
Ronnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 12:03am
Thanks so much for your thoughts, I will check the tributes section as a place to post the announcement.  I appreciated just getting to express it here in some way.  Ronnie
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 12:06am
Dear Ronnie,

I just made the tribute link 'hot.' Sorry about that...you can just click on it now.

Here it is, again-

warmly,

Steve

Edited by steve - Sep 10 2012 at 12:07am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic