FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stage IV - Lung Mets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
suec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 5:25am
dear pinkwarrior, we are fighting with you thru cyber space. hugs, suec
tnbc 3b: partial mas 5/06; 6 rounds FEC; 36 rad; 05/09-mets to bone; xeloda, avastin, zometa; gemzar & avastin; rads to hips; 8 mo on methotrexate+5fu; 5/11 mets to liver/lung; halevan fails;carb&Abrx
majjers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote majjers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 5:32pm
Keep fighting Kim, prayers for you to get well soon!

Traci
dx 5/25/07, Stage 2A,TNGr3
DD 4 AC,4 Taxol
32 rads
BRCA 1&2 (-)
7/11 mets to lung; Too many lines of chemo to list! The saga continues but only GOD numbers my days!
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2012 at 4:32pm
Kim's husband just posted an update on FB.  Please keep praying for our Kim.

Hey everybody, Matt here, finally getting around to giving an update for Kim. Things are not well, I'm afraid to say. She hasn't willingly eaten anything in weeks now. She survives on Boost shakes and whatever I am able to force her to eat. I've taken to the ER 2 times in the last 2 weeks. The first time they believed she had pneumonia, but that apparently cleared up with antibiotics, because the last trip to the ER they could find no medical reason for her weakness and confusion outside of side effects from chemo. But it's gotten so bad that the last trip to the ER Friday, I had to have an ambulance take her in, and had to have the doctor authorize the ambulance service to bring her home for me too. She's been confined to a hospital bed in our living room and has a home health nurse come in every day to check on her. As I understand it, they are supposed to begin some sort of physical therapy regimen tomorrow. I'm hoping we can get her able well enough physically to be able to take her to her next appointment on Friday. She is scheduled for an MRI at that point to see if they can find out what's going on. So please continue to send prayers. They are definitely still needed.
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

ameg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ameg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2012 at 6:00pm
I'm so sorry to hear that she is suffering so much. My prayers are with Kim and her family.

I want to recommend food and drink that I'm having for the last couple of years and help me a lot with the side side effects and appetite. My onc said it is perfectly OK to have them during chemo.

Its tea and energy drink that is a lot better then Boost and much healthier. Its all organic and its very gentle on the stomach.

Its a little pricy and you can get it only on line but it worth trying.   If you are interested I will give you all the deletes. Friend of mine signed me up for it and I have these food and drink every single day.

Hug

debB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2012 at 10:49pm
This breaks my heart to hear that she is having such a rough time. Kim's story is one of the first that I read when I first 'dared' to venture to this part of the forum! I hope they are able to get things under control so that spunky spirit of hers can emerge once more!

Many thoughts and prayers for she and her family.

Deb
Dx 4/29/11, 46 yrs old, 3.9 cm tumor, Stg 2 Grade 3 chemo 4 rounds DD AC, 12 weekly taxol, finish. Lumpectomy, 2mm residual tumor. 37 rounds rads completed. Cisplatin/PARP trial
tasoula_s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tasoula_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2012 at 1:48am
I'm praying for you Kim.....I will be going to church today to have a prayer also there for you!!
Please stay strong........
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2012 at 11:30am
So sad to be sharing this message from Kim's husband:

Hey all, it's me again. Kim became unresponsive last night as we were shutting down the house, getting kids in bed, and what not. I ended up calling 911 when it looked like she was struggling for air. The ER doc said labs still look good but looks like pneumonia setting in. They moved her to PCU (one step down from ICU). I came home to get kids to school/day care. The attending doc just called me. Said it doesn't look good. They're moving her into ICU and told me that he expects her to be on a ventilator by the end of the day, if we're going to keep her alive.
I'll let you all know what I can, when I can.

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

overwhelmed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote overwhelmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2012 at 11:43am
I am so sorry.  My thoughts and prayers are with Kim and her family.  
< id="_npwlo" ="applicationpwlo" height="0">
DX ILC TNBC 3/10 at 50, Stage IIb; Grade 3; 5.1 to 7 cm,SNB neg;TC-6 rnds, 30 rads, Avastin-18 rnds, BRAC 1&2-
TNinTN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNinTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2012 at 11:44am
Thank you for keeping us updated, Donna. I pray for the peace and comfort of Kim, her family, and all who know her - particularly those of us on this site.

Martin
Wife age 53@dx TN IDC Stage IIA 7/10; BRCA1&2 Neg; BROCA Neg; LN Neg; taxol+cisplatin+/-RAD001x12(clinical trial); lumpectomy 12/10;ACx4; 33 Rads complete 4/11; NED 5/5/11
Charlene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2012 at 11:51am
It is so sad to hear about Kim.  I have been and will continue to pray for her peace and healing.
Charlene
DX 3/10 @59 ILC/TNBC
Stage 1, Grade 2, Multifocal; Lumpectomy/re-excision
SNB 0/4 nodes, BRCA-; Taxotere/Cytoxan X4, 30 rads
3/14:NED
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2012 at 12:33pm
Donna,
Thank you so much. Very grateful for the update from Matt, God bless him, but so, so sad to hear of Kim's difficulties. Thinking of her all the time. Will continue to pray for strength and healing for her and her family, friends and caregivers, especially that she can have the MRI and they find out how to help her feel better.

Love and peace, 
Sue 

Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
K in Sugar Land View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K in Sugar Land Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2012 at 12:34pm

I am very sorry to hear about Kim.  I will keep her and her precious family in my prayers.  I so admire her fighting spirit, a true warrior in the terrible battle she has faced. 

Dx IDC TNBC MDA2/11 age 51 T2N0M0 Grd 3 4.8cm BRCA- vitD22 Taxol 12wk FAC once 3 wk for 12 wk Complete chemo8/11 Tumor not seen on scans Lumpsurgery 0/4 nodes9/11 pCR 30rads done11/11 NED vitD3903/12
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2012 at 12:46pm
Pink Warrior: You have shown us such great strength and determination. I am honored to know such a beautiful, gifted, loving, caring person. Praying for a peaceful day for you and your loved ones today. 

Love and Peace Always, 
Sue
Dx 7/10, age 53. TNBC left breast, stage I, grade 3, IDC 0.5 cm, DCI 2.5 cm, 0/8 lymph nodes neg. BRCA-. T/C x4 finished 2/09/11, rads x34 finished 4/21/11.          
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2012 at 1:54pm
It's with a broken heart that I have to share this news.  Kim's son just called me in tears to tell me that his mom passed away at 11:30 this morning.  J's heart was breaking as was Matt's.  Kim would be so proud of J at 15 years old to take it upon himself to notify those that cared about Kim.  J said she was a fighter and was fighting with all her might up to the very end.  He is so proud of his mom and you could feel the admiration and love in his voice.  I will post more when I get details of the visitation/funeral arrangements.

tasoula_s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tasoula_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2012 at 2:14pm
i can't describe with words what im feeling right now.........
im going to pray for kim's family to have strength....
debB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2012 at 4:37pm
I don't even know what to say, this is just so very sad.

I am sure that Kim would be so very proud of her son. Her fierce love for her family was always so evident when she mentioned them. Her spunk, spirit, and her fight will be so sorely missed by all.

May she find rest and peace. With many prayers for her family,
Deb
Dx 4/29/11, 46 yrs old, 3.9 cm tumor, Stg 2 Grade 3 chemo 4 rounds DD AC, 12 weekly taxol, finish. Lumpectomy, 2mm residual tumor. 37 rounds rads completed. Cisplatin/PARP trial
krisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2012 at 7:31pm
Praying for Barbie and Kim and their families.
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2012 at 7:37pm
I just started a remembrance thread for dearest Kim in the Tributes section.  Feel free to write something there as well.
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
suec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2012 at 7:22am
i am so sad that we have lost our strong pink warrior
tnbc 3b: partial mas 5/06; 6 rounds FEC; 36 rad; 05/09-mets to bone; xeloda, avastin, zometa; gemzar & avastin; rads to hips; 8 mo on methotrexate+5fu; 5/11 mets to liver/lung; halevan fails;carb&Abrx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic