FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please Give Us Your Facts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
cg--- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cg--- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2007 at 6:48pm
But......just think of all the exciting new therapies being tested.  I have to have believe someone would find this 15% group of  breast cancer exciting enough to want to make a breakthrough.

Look at what is going on in Texas.....phase II trials using ADVEXIN p53 tumor suppressor therapy and INGN immunotherapy combined with chemotherapy. 

Currently, in the United States they are doing trials with AVASTIN (angiogenesis inhibitor), for triple negative breast cancer.  It appears that Avastin combined with Taxol is effective in controlling the disease. (ECOG-2100) was the randomized trial.

ERBITUX, IRESSA, TARCEVA are all being looked at for our type of breast cancer.

trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2007 at 7:39am
Hi CQ wow thanks for the information!  We've got to have hope that they'll get busy and come up with something.
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
cg--- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cg--- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2007 at 9:07am
1.  53
2.  Born, raised and currently live in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
3.  Infiltrating ductal carcinoma, poorly differentiated, grade 3/3.
4.  Blood type A-.
5.  Nonsmoker, nondrinker.
6.  Father prostate, maternal aunts - brain, colon, lung; maternal uncle -
     melanoma, prostate.
7.  Two pregnancies.
8.  Mumps, measles, chickenpox.  I had Epstein-Barr in 1984.  I have had
     recurrent severe herpes simplex of the lips, interestingly seemed to
     come at the time of my menstrual cycles.
9.   Bilateral breast "cysts" for 10 years.
10. Lump in 1998 (cyst), fine needle aspirated - negative; lump in 2003 -
      same area, fine needle aspirated - negative; "cysts" same area
      2007 - infiltrating ductal carcinoma left breast 5 cm from nipple (same
      area since 1998) found on ultrasound-guided breast biopsy when the
      radiologist suggested "as a precautionary measure let's biopsy the
      cyst".
11. N/A.
12. Annual mammograms, ultrasounds, same gynecologist for 29 years. 
      Every mammogram report was normal; annual ultrasounds showed
      "cysts".
13. Have had bruised breast on same side as cancer.
14. Had hormones checked prior to diagnosis - still had not had
      menopause.  Estradiol was 250 when diagnosed.
15. On antihistamines/decongestants, Tylenol No. 3 and Naprosyn
      for herniated disk, degenerative disk disease.  Was taking vitamin
      E, D, B-Complex, C, selenium, evening primrose oil (this was for the
      severe breast pain I have had for years), Coenzyme Q10, calcium.
16. Have been on chronic antibiotics for chronic sinusitis, and failed
       root canal treatments at least 4-6 times a year.
17. Gave up coffee, tea, and everything else they suggested to relieve
      the breast pain.....did not happen until I had a mastectomy on
      May 30, 2007. 

Vicki G View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicki G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2007 at 1:58pm
1/   How old are you? 47, 45 at dx
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived? Born, raised and work in the San Fernando Valley - Los Angeles, Ca.
3/   What is the specific name of your type of cancer other than TN? IDC, Stage 2, 1.8cm, Left Breast, 1 of 10 lymph nodes positive.
4/   What is your blood type? AB Positive (had to look it up!)
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker? Social drinker, Pack a day smoker before BC.
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer? Mother died of colon cancer at age 38. Grandfather on Dad's side had same and died too. Do not know his age at death.
7/   How many pregnancies have you had? 4, 2 live births
8/   What childhood diseases have you had? Measles, Chicken Pox all childhood stuff except for Mumps.
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer? Intestinal problems, fatigue, weird periods, just felt bad, not myself.
10/ How was your cancer first discovered? Felt myself in bed.
11/ Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so, where did it re-occur? NO, currently NED
12/ How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed? Yearly after age 40. Had one 10 months prior.
13/ Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it? Yes on the bad breast. Cutting down a tree and a limb hit me near where I discovered the lump. That was about 6 months before I found it.
14/ Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed? No
15/ Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on? Xanax.
16/ Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year? No.

1) Have you ever been on birth control? Yes, from 23-30yrs. Then after my second child from 35-36. Then got tubes tied.
2) If you have children, did you breastfeed? For how long? Both kids for a year each.
3) Do you have dense breast tissue? Very.
4) Have you tested positive for BRCA1/2? Waiting on Insurance approval.
5) Exercise and diet? Don't exercise and never did but have an active job where I get up and down a lot. Diet, I eat whatever I want....always have.
6) Weight? Steady at 100lbs except during chemo, then down to 96. Now back at 100-103lbs thanks to menopause.
Lb Lumpectomy, IDC, Stage 2, Grade 3, 1+ node, 4 x A/C, 4 x Taxol, 33 x Rads. NED almost 4 yrs.
Los Angeles, Ca.
PineHouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PineHouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2007 at 5:11pm
1/   How old are you  - Now 45, was 35 at first dx
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived - Born in Asia, lived in Asia 18yrs, then Oklahoma 4yrs, then moved to California & have been here 23yrs
3/   What is the specific name of your type of cancer Other than it being
       triple negative invasive ductal carcinoma
4/   What is your blood type don't recall
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker neither
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer - dad (prostate), paternal grandma (ovarian), BOTH paternal aunts.  NO cancer on mom's side
7/   How many pregnancies have you had  - 0
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox  - chicken pox
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer - no
10/  How was your cancer first discovered - self exam (felt lump)
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur mets to lungs/pleura
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed - no mammo
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it  - no
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed - no 
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on - none
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed - no
Etc.   
1) Have you ever been on birth control?  For how long?  What kind? - about 1 1/2 years 12 years ago, don't remember what kind
2) If you have children, did you breastfeed?  For how long? - n/a
3) Do you have dense breast tissue? - don't know
4) Have you tested positive for BRCA1/2?  - positive for brca1
5) Exercise and diet? - reasonable: exercise regularly (but never vigorous), don't eat much red meat & don't eat highly fatty food, but must admit that I don't drink enough water and I love to snack
6) weight? - was not overweight at dx, now have been about 10 lbs overweight for almost 10yrs
Stage IV lung-06/06 brain-12/08 BRCA1 TNBC
Avastin+Taxol,Carboplatin,PARP-Inhibitor,Navelbine+Xeloda,Avastin+Ixempra,Doxil+Cytoxan
Currently Abraxane+Gemzar (3/09)
http://pinehouse.wordpress.com/
quiltjunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quiltjunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2007 at 8:17pm
ClapStanding ovation to all you survivors!

1/   How old are you - 45 dx 42
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived - Rapid City, South Dakota.  I have lived in San Diego CA and Reno NV
       triple negative - Invasive Ductal Carcinoma - 2 cm right breast, no nodes involvement, grade 3, triple neg. 
4/   What is your blood type - after all of this, I don't know, can you believe it?
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker - I smoked a pack a day for 20 years until 4 years ago.  I abused alcohol when I was younger and only socially drink once in a great while now.
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer - my grandma on my mom's side died of lung cancer (didn't smoke) and my grandma on my dad's side died of pancreatic cancer.
7/   How many pregnancies have you had 4 pregnancies, 3 live births
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :    Chicken Pox
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer - I had no "symptoms" - I knew I didn't feel good for quite awhile before dx and I started losing weight fast without trying which got the doc's attention and they started checking me out.
10/  How was your cancer first discovered - yearly mammo
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur - NOTongue
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed - I had 1 a year and a half before
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it - several - on top of my head, my hip, my neck.
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed - yes
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on - Premarin, Prozac, Melotonin
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed sure, I was kinda a sickly kid and young adult
Etc.   

1) Have you ever been on birth control?  Yes For how long?  a couple of years What kind? - Orvo - something
2) If you have children, did you breastfeed? No For how long? 
3) Do you have dense breast tissue? - Did but don't anymore
4) Have you tested positive for BRCA1/2?  - No have not been tested
5) Exercise and diet? before dx didn't know what either was but I wasn't overweight until the past couple of years.  I ate too much fast food, grease all of the time and fat dripped from my veins.  Now I walk regularly, try to eat healthy and never fry anymore!
6) weight? - was not overweight at dx, now have been about 10 lbs overweight for 2 years

Edited by quiltjunky - Jul 26 2007 at 8:23pm
Ronda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2007 at 1:55pm
1/   How old are you.  44
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived Colorado, all around the Northwest and California 
       triple negative. Invasive Ductal, Grade 3, Stage 2B, Sent. node negative +2 
4/   What is your blood type A Positive
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker.  Not much at all, health food freak really.
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer.  Paternal Aunt had BC at an early age.
7/   How many pregnancies have you had 2 Babies 2 Miscarriages
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox.  Measles and Chicken Pox
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer.  Fatigue and premonitions.
10/  How was your cancer first discovered.  I started looking for it a year before it showed up.  When I finally felt a lump I thought it was a cyst that had gotten bigger because an ultra sound show a small cyst in the area I kept looking in.  From a clear ultra sound (tiny cyst) to 2 1/2 cm in 6 mos.
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur. Nope
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed. 2 in 1 year
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it. No
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed. No
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on.  None
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed.  Don't take antibiotics
No birth control
Breast fed 2 babies 7 mos. each.
Haven't been gene tested yet.
Very dense breasts
Stopped excercising about 6 mos prior too DX
About 30-35 lbs. Overweight

Edited by Ronda - Aug 01 2007 at 11:17am
sstefano View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sstefano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2007 at 6:54pm
1/   How old are you - 42 dx at 32, 39
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived - Europe, live in Mass
       triple negative - Invasive Ductal Carcinoma - stage 3, stage 2 second time, grade 3, triple neg. 
4/   What is your blood type - 0 positive
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker - I smoked a pack a day for 10 years until 10 years ago.  I drink 1-2 glasses red wine a day.
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer - sister died of BC.
7/   How many pregnancies have you had 4 pregnancies, 2 live births
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :    Chicken Pox
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer - upset stomach for a few months.
10/  How was your cancer first discovered - myself, felt the lumps.
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur - local
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed - once a year
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it - no
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on - none
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed no
Etc.   

1) Have you ever been on birth control?  no For how long?  What kind? 
2) If you have children, did you breastfeed? Yes For how long? 6 months each
3) Do you have dense breast tissue? - painfully dense
4) Have you tested positive for BRCA1/2?  - have not been tested
5) Exercise and diet? exersice and healthy diet after the diagnose  10 years ago
6) weight? - 125-130 lb

Cylb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cylb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2007 at 4:45am
1/   How old are you    I am 54 years old.

2/   Where were you born and where have you lived   I was born in Ohio and live in Ohio  (I was in the military for awhile and moved around a lot in California, Massachusetts, and Hawaii)

triple negative  Invasive ductal Carcinoma Stage 3/Grade 3

4/   What is your blood type    0+

5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker  No

6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer   My late Grandmother (on my Mother's side) had stomach cancer; my late Aunt (on my Mother's side) had stomach cancer; my late Father had mouth cancer (from smoking too much) and the beginnings of lung cancer. All died from the cancer.

7/   How many pregnancies have you had  2 pregnancies (1 a miscarriage and 1 a normal pregnancy)

8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox, Whooping Cough which lasted over a year,

9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer   No.  The only thing I really began to notice was that my left breast seemed unusually large.  I was 48 when I was diagnosed and I was going through the early signs of menopause though I was having normal periods.  I felt uncomfortable just under the left breast and chest area. I'd had a mammogram earlier in the year with no results.

10/  How was your cancer first discovered I was lying on my bed and my dog hit my left breast.  When I rubbed the area she hit, I discovered a lump about the size of my palm. When I went in for the biopsy it was discovered another lump was in the chest wall.  I had what was called a dumbbell tumor.  The tumor from the breast had broken through the chest wall and was still attached.

11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur  No re-occurence

12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed
Every two years

13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it
As a matter of fact, yes, and it was in the area of the left breast.  I was hit with a golf ball when my brother was practicing

14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed
No

15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on  None

16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed, Etc    No, I was always in pretty good health before all this had started.

1) Have you ever been on birth control?  NO For how long?  What kind? 
2) If you have children, did you breastfeed? NO For how long?
3) Do you have dense breast tissue? - VERY DENSE
4) Have you tested positive for BRCA1/2?  - NEVER TESTED
5) Exercise and diet? BEFORE I WAS DIAGNOSED I WAS WATCHING MY DIET AND EXERCISING
6) weight? - BEFORE MY DIAGNOSIS, I WAS AT 160 AND NOW I'M AT 190 WHICH IS NOT GOOD.

It was funny because even after I the lump was discovered, when the mammogram and ultrasound was redone, it showed up negative.  The doctor said it probably came up negative due to my having dense breasts. That's scary.

Cylb

Edited by Cylb - Aug 09 2007 at 4:56am
CarynRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarynRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2007 at 4:19pm
1/   How old are you   47
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived . I was born in Newark, NJ and have lived in NJ all my life.
       triple negative.  Original:  IDC, rt. breast, Stage 2a, Grade 3, node negative.  Recurrence 4 years later to right lymph nodes and mets to lungs, poorly differentiated, grade 3.
4/   What is your blood type  AB+
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker :  No
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer:  Maternal Grandmother, Paternal aunt, maternal cousin; paternal cousins.
7/   How many pregnancies have you had 1
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Measles, Chicken Pox
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer  No, the first time. Yes, second time.
10/  How was your cancer first discovered  First: Mammogram  Second: symptoms and breast MRI
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur  Yes -- lymph nodes behind breast and mets to lungs
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed  : every year before first cancer; every 6 months after
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it:  no
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed: yes... for fertility treatment
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on: Prozac
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed:  Not that I know of
Etc.   
josey2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josey2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2007 at 11:36am
1/   How old are you - 59 now (54 at diagnosis)
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived – born in Bklyn, New York. I have lived in the Netherlands, Florida and now live in NC for the past 18 years
3/   What is the specific name of your type of cancer Other than it being triple negative – IDC–poorly differentiated cells. Grade 3
4/   What is your blood type – do not know
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker – not now did both in the past
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer – Uncle (lung cancer)
7/   How many pregnancies have you had - 0
8/   What childhood diseases have you had - Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer - no
10/ How was your cancer first discovered – by me
11/ Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so, where did it re-occur - no
12/ How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed - every 2 years prior to 50 (every year after 50)
13/ Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it - no
14/ Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed - no
15/ Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on – lipitor, paxil
16/ Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed – I honestly do not remember I would think yes.

Let me add that I have extremely dense breast tissue. Therefore, hard to detect tumor on mammogram. I now have an MRI in addition to mammogram.
JoAnn
theresa31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresa31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2007 at 6:20pm
1/   How old are you: 31
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived: Staten Island, Brooklyn, Boston, Maryland, Manhattan
3/   What is the specific name of your type of cancer Other than it being
       triple negative: DCIS & IDC of mixed features, poorly differntiated, Grad3, stage 1
4/   What is your blood type: A+
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker: No
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer: Maternal grandmother w/ ER+ BC in her 70s; Father w/ lymphoma at age 19
7/   How many pregnancies have you had: None
8/   What childhood diseases have you had : Chicken Pox
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer: soreness
10/ How was your cancer first discovered: discovered lump by accident while massaging sore breast
11/ Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so, where did it re-occur: dx only 3 mos ago, still in chemo
12/ How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed: NEVER - dx w. ultrasound and FNA biopsy
13/ Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it: 2 car accidents
14/ Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed: No
15/ Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on: None
16/ Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed: None

BRCA 1&2-

Breast cancer at age 31 came as a total shock. To discover that I had the "bad kind of breast cancer" when this disease is othewise considered so treatable was just devastating. I am determined to fight this beast but I am terrified and sometimes I let the fear get the better of me. Science needs to pay MORE attention to the needs of young women, African Americans and Latinas.

Edited by theresa31 - Aug 27 2007 at 4:42am
Dx: June 4, 2007
Multifocal: 1.1, .3., .4
Grade 3, Stage 1
DD AC (done)
DD Taxol (begin Sept 6)
JaniRD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaniRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2007 at 7:17am
1/   How old are you 55, 54 at dx
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived Born Nebraska, now live Colorado
3/   What is the specific name of your type of cancer Other than it being
       triple negative IDC
4/   What is your blood type
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker Just quit smoking, rarely drink
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer sister BC & ovarian cancer
7/   How many pregnancies have you had   1
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox & Mono
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer Fatigue
10/ How was your cancer first discovered   OB-GYN discovered lump at annual exam
11/ Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so, where did it re-occur   Still in primary treatment
12/ How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed Every other year
13/ Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it    Broke foot a couple of times
14/ Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed
15/ Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on antidepressants and blood pressure meds
16/ Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed Antibiotics for frequent sinus infections and ear infections
1) Have you ever been on birth control? For about 15 years
2) If you have children, did you breastfeed? For how long? Yes, 6 months
3) Do you have dense breast tissue?   yes
4) Have you tested positive for BRCA1/2?   Not tested yet
BeeCee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeeCee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2007 at 7:17pm
Hi, all the replies have been very interesting to read. Here is my contibution:
1/   How old are you...........63, 62 at dx
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived........Texas, all my life 
       triple negative........IDC, Stage 1 Grade 3, no node involvement
4/   What is your blood type.......don't know
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker......smoked for more than 30 years & quit 11 years ago, never a drinker
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer..........skin cancer
7/   How many pregnancies have you had........1
8/   What childhood diseases have you had ..........measles, chicken pox, mononucleosis
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer.......no, had not been doing BSE (stupid, I know!) last mammo was 1 year before
10/  How was your cancer first discovered.....on my mammo
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur.......it's only been 1 year since my dx
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed......every year
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it.....no
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed.....no
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on.......vitamins, ibuprofen, cholesterol med
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed........no

Extra info
17/ Before menopause, I had fibrocystic breasts. Had FNA of cysts in surgeons office numerous times. Thus, it was very difficult to do BSE and mostly I didn't even try, but always had yearly mammos.
18/ Was on birth control pills for 13 years, nonstop
19/ Tubal ligation at age 38  
20/ Something no one seems to have mentioned.....I have always (for 45 years) had dogs and would give them a bath weekly in flea shampoo plus using various poisons in the yard. I believe this to be a contributing factor in the development of cancer.
21/ Worked the evening shift  for 19 years. I read that shift workers are much more likely to develop cancer (not sure if just bc or all cancers) than people who work in the daytime and sleep at night.
Bonnie, age 63, Dx on 8/7/06 IDC stage 1 grade 3, triple neg, lumpectomy x2 of L breast, 8 nodes neg, 4 x AC & 4 x Taxotere, bone scan 2/07 (neg), 33 rads, Tx finished 5/7/07, Mammo 8/9/07 (normal)
marathonmom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marathonmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2007 at 5:14am
 Hello ladies,

Here is my bio:

1/   How old are you: 39
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived: born in Romania, raised in Montreal, canada
       triple negative: IDC, stage 2, grade 3, 0 nodes
4/   What is your blood type
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker: no
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer: paternal parents died of lung cancer, both smokers
7/   How many pregnancies have you had: 2
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox: all
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer: Fatigue for a few months prior to dx
10/  How was your cancer first discovered: myself
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur: only 6 months since end of tx
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed: no
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it: no
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed: no
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on: no
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed: yes for UTI. Took pill for 20 yrs (tri0phasil)
Did breast feed both kids. I exercise reg. and have a good diet

Etc.   

Edited by marathonmom - Aug 29 2007 at 5:23am
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2007 at 12:52am
Hello - I am new to this forum but am pleased to give my info... despite ending treatment 3 years ago (and no recurrance yet thank goodness) I've only recently realised that I had triple negative BC in the first place. I've never heard it being referred to by that name by any  doctor. I can't tell you how great it is to have a name for it and to find people who have have/had the same as me.  All the people I have met with BC have gone on to Herceptin, Tamoxifen etc and it's hard to be the only one who is different.  Not any more!

1/   How old are you - 36
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived  - London & lived here all my life.
       triple negative - ductal BC
4/   What is your blood type - AB+
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker - both!
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer - grandfather (bowel) great aunt (lung), great aunt (breast)
7/   How many pregnancies have you had - 1
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :    Chicken Pox only
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer - no
10/  How was your cancer first discovered - I found a big lump
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur - no
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed - never (too young)
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it - no
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on - thyroxine for underactive thyroid diagnosed 10 months prior to BC
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed - no

I breast fed my son briefly, exercised regularly before BC but not anymore, have a reasonable diet
Brawleymom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brawleymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2007 at 6:16pm
/   How old are you    44
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived  Michigan my whole life
       triple negative  adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast
4/   What is your blood type  O+
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker   no
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer  two aunts with BC, gmother with stomach cancer
7/   How many pregnancies have you had  2
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox  Chicken POX
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer  painful lump
10/  How was your cancer first discovered  found the lump because it hurt.  Despite it being 6.1 cm, it did not show on mammo or ultrasound
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur--only 2 weeks post mastectomy so don't know yet. All PET/CT scans are clear at this time
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed--once a year   I do have very dense breasts tho'
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it--no
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed--no,
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on  lipitor, synthroid, lexapro, maxide
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed   no

The other interesting thing about me is that I had a benign schwanomma removed near my carotid arteries six years ago.  My ENT told me that although there is no relationship to the two tumors, my body does wierd things.  Lucky me.Confused 
Teresa J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teresa J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2007 at 5:59pm
1/   How old are you? 48
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived? Born, raised Seattle Pacific NW
3/   What is the specific name of your type of cancer other than TN? IDC, Stage 1, Poor Differential Grade 3/3; <1cm tumor, Left Breast, Clear nodes
4/   What is your blood type? O+ I think
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker? NO LONGER - smoked few years as a teen. Drank glass of wine nightly
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer? Mom MELANOMA also PANCREATIC (She survived both). Grandma BC at 85
7/   How many pregnancies have you had? 1
8/   What childhood diseases have you had? Measles, Mumps, Chicken Pox
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer? none
10/ How was your cancer first discovered? Found it myself while in bed
11/ Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so, where did it re-occur? NO - just completed treatment 8/31/07
12/ How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed? Yearly since age 40
13/ Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it? no
14/ Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed? Yes, was premenopausal
15/ Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on? none
16/ Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year? No.

1) Have you ever been on birth control? Yes, from 18-25 yrs. old
2) If you have children, did you breastfeed? For how long? Yes, breastfed 4 mos.
3) Do you have dense breast tissue? No
4) Have you tested positive for BRCA1/2? WAITING FOR RESULTS - just went in 9/20/07 for blood draw
5) Exercise and diet? Before BC - good diet, minimal exercise. NOW EXCELLENT Veggie diet, no wine and work out 3x week.
6) Weight? 135 in high school, 145 when diagnosed, now 130
paula View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2007 at 7:11pm
1/   How old are you? 47 diagnosed 44
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived? Born, raised Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
3/   What is the specific name of your type of cancer other than TN? IDC (non specific), Stage 1, Poor Differential Grade 3/3; 1.75 cm tumor, Left Breast, 1 node (microscopic)
4/   What is your blood type? O- (I think)
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker? still smoke social drinker.
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer? Grandmother Kidney Cancer, Mom - Uteriun & Cervical Cancer, Father - Esophegeal Cancer, Great Aunt - BC
7/   How many pregnancies have you had? 2
8/   What childhood diseases have you had? Mumps, Chicken Pox
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer? none
10/ How was your cancer first discovered? Mamogram (nonpapable mass)
11/ Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so, where did it re-occur? NO
12/ How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed? Yearly since age 34
13/ Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it? yes, head
14/ Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed? No
15/ Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on? anti-depressants, high blood pressure, sleeping pills.
16/ Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year? yes

1) Have you ever been on birth control? Yes, from 18-24 25-26, 27-34 yrs. old. Hormone Therapy 34-43
2) If you have children, did you breastfeed? For how long? Yes, breastfed 1 mos.
3) Do you have dense breast tissue? Yes
4) Have you tested positive for BRCA1/2? Neg for both
5) Exercise and diet? balanced diet, walked 3 x wk
6) Weight? 135 high school, 230 diag, now 213
Jessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2007 at 11:54am
1/   How old are you   62 at dx
2/   Where were your born and where have you lived Born in Alabama, also lived in Califirnia, Georgia, Tennessee, and now North Carolina
       triple negative  Invasive Ductal Carcinoma
4/   What is your blood type O+
5/   Are you a drinker or a smoker no- neither
6/   Has anyone else in your family had Any kind of cancer  maternal aunt and cousin had breast cancer 
7/   How many pregnancies have you had  1
8/   What childhood diseases have you had :   Chicken pox, Mumps, Measles
9/    Did you have any symptons of your breast cancer  no
10/  How was your cancer first discovered  mammogram annual
11/  Have you had a re-occurence in the past 2 years and if so,  where did it re-occur  NO, currently NED
12/  How often did you have mammograms Before you were diagnosed  yearly
13/  Have you ever had a traumatic blow to your body and where was it  No, had hysterectomy for endometriosis
14/  Have you ever had your hormones checked Prior to being diagnosed  No
15/  Before you were diagnosed, what medications were you on  Blood control and Cholestral meds, also Synthroid and Zantac for reflux
16/  Have you been prescribed antibiotics more than once in a year Before your were diagnosed  yes, for occasional bladder infections
Etc.   
1) Have you ever been on birth control?  For how long?  What kind?  28 years, none since 1983.
2) If you have children, did you breastfeed?  For how long?  no
3) Do you have dense breast tissue?  yes
4) Have you tested positive for BRCA1/2?  not tested 
5) Exercise and diet? generally good diet,  dont exercise regularly.
6) weight?  Used to be skinny as a rail, now about 25 lbs overweight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
  Share Topic