FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many had mom's with Rh Negative Blood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Sugar77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugar77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2010 at 3:23pm
My mom is RH postive but I'm RH negative and so is my daughter.

Sherri 
DX IDC TNBC Oct. 27, 2009, age at diagnosis 45, Stage 1, Grade 3, <1 cm, 0/2 nodes, lumpectomy, Taxotere/CytoxanX4, finished Feb. 8, 2010, radiation completed Apr. 21, 2010.
mudpuppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpuppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2010 at 3:21am
I'm not sure what my mom is, think pos, but I am neg, my daughter is pos
DX 9/21/2009, age 37, Tumor 3 cm (4.3 with tentacles), Grade 3, DD Neoadj chemo,4X AC, 12X Taxotere,Stage 2A, BRCA 1/2 neg, Bilat mast/reconst 5/18/10, 0/10 nodes, Gemzar & Cisplatin 4 cycles
PattyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2010 at 11:50am
I just got on this site and your post caught my eye. My mother was RH positive and died from colon cancer. I am RH negative. I received Rhogam after each pregnancy since my husband is RH positive, my second and third babies were very jaundiced after birth even though I had received Rhogam after each birth. All three babies were RH positive. 

Edited by PattyB - Apr 08 2010 at 11:51am
mudpuppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mudpuppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2010 at 3:48pm
 I just asked my mom and she is Rh neg and as mentioned earlier I am, too.  She has not had BC, plan to keep it that way, tooSmile, just me.  I also mentioned my daughter is Rh pos, my son is neg.  But who knows, there could be some link...
DX 9/21/2009, age 37, Tumor 3 cm (4.3 with tentacles), Grade 3, DD Neoadj chemo,4X AC, 12X Taxotere,Stage 2A, BRCA 1/2 neg, Bilat mast/reconst 5/18/10, 0/10 nodes, Gemzar & Cisplatin 4 cycles
Okie Girl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2010 at 5:45am
Rh negative here too.  Weird
dx:1/11/08 Stage IIa, 2/1/08 bi-lat mast.,no node involvement, 3/4/08 4 rounds of A/C then 4 rounds of Tax., 9/14/08 reconstruction with expanders, implant exchange 2/25/09, nipples 8/11/09
diane1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diane1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2010 at 12:50pm
yea....I posted earlier and I am RH neg. I dont know what my mother is. I had three children. My first born son is Negative.....My middle child (daughter) is positive......MY youngest son is also positive. I also received Rhogam after my pregnancies. My husband is also positive.......

Okie Girl......I AM WITH YOU..........WEIRD!!!!!!!

Oh yea....I have an aunt (dads sister) Who has just been DX with COLON CANCER. She is also RH negative.......She and I are the only ones in the family with Cancer DX.....
dx 4/09 at 36 yrs old. dbl Mast. 5/09. 12 weekly Taxol 4 FAC tri weekly. 32 rads completed 2/2010. Its Back 5/2010!! Chest wall, Mediastinal node, Lft mammary node and liver. Back on chemo.
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2010 at 1:00am
My mom was rh+, I am rh- and had 3 children all rh+. Rhogam was not available until my 3rd child but none of my children ever had any problem.
DX 3/10/08 at age 67, IDC. Stage 1, Grade 3, 1.5 cm.
KI-67 99% at MX . Bilateral mastectomy 4/1/08 Node-, BRCA 1/2-,BARD1+, TX:Cytoxan/Taxotere x4,3 in family with TNBC
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2010 at 7:49pm
Sorry girls, I don't know my bloodtype nor my parents bloodtype.  I was adopted.
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
RhNegativeRegistry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RhNegativeRegistry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2010 at 3:51am
Hi,

I used the same critical thinking to diagnose my family with an auto immune disease "AS" that is associated with RH- people and the HLA-B27 genetic marker. Rh- peple represent 15% of the population with about 7% being O- and the HLA-B27 was found in 8% of the population, both decreasing in percentage outside of the Caucasian ethnic backgrounds.  My mom had BAD un diagnosed pain, swelling and other symptoms, but could not prove RA, MS, Lupus, Fibromyalgia, etc through the test.  3 years into diagnostics and I come to the Dr.'s with an outside of the box idea, a virtual needle in a haystack, they test her and she is positive for the gene mutation, as am I....

You can read more about it at www.RhNegativeRegistry.com - I am actually working on a research project that looks into these issues.  You can click here to take this anonymous survey > www.RhNegativeRegistry.com/rh-negative-survey-1.html.  Trying to find the information medical professionals are not handing out, in an effort to see us self educate our families to this issue and protect our future generations. 

I have also read that people with types A & O are more prone to cancer... There is a "Conspiracy" guy who says that it has to do with an imbalance in the blood and that it can be cured by rebalancing the blood.  Still researching and putting all the information together.  Please stop by the forums at the Rh Negative Connection on the site and start a NEW thread about this subject, you will reach many others and we can start to get to the bottom of these questions, maybe even find some real answers. Wink

crabbiepattie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crabbiepattie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2010 at 10:01am
My mother was Rh negative and I'm Rh positive.

Pat
DX 6/2010 Stg IIIa IDC gr 3, 1/11 nodes, ER- PR- HER2-
Lumpectomy 6/2010, TCx6, Radsx33, BRCA1/2 negative
NinaE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NinaE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2010 at 12:07pm
That link has the smell of advertising. $1.99 to be a lifetime member, answer some very peculiar questions, to get on a registry for recipients of rh-negative blood, never mind that hospitals don't dole out blood transfusions based on a registry and rh-negative blood is hardly rare...
Stage IV at dx in Dec 09, at age 38. Mets to lung, axillary, IM and mediastinal nodes.

4xAC-->dd Taxol. Dbl mast, 6/10. Radiation, 8/10. NED since June 2010.
Gerrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2010 at 12:44pm
My mom is AB+ and I am O+.
LauraT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2010 at 4:46pm
My mother and I are both Rh positive.
lady4law View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady4law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2010 at 1:05pm
My mom was RH negative, and died from BC. 
My father's mom - also died from BC. (No info regarding her RH, but dad was positive)

I am RH positive and have been fighting TNBC for 3 years.
I am also BRCA 2, (My BRCA gene has only 14 cases on this planet - so very limited info)

IBC/TN 6/07 Lymph, Chemo, Mast w/rec, chemo, 2 infect surg, exchg (2x) redo rec (2x) 4 new tumors esophagus, colon, chest, mouth, (10/11- 5th SUV7)"Activity" in spine hip
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2010 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by lady4law lady4law wrote:

I am also BRCA 2, (My BRCA gene has only 14 cases on this planet - so very limited info)

Just curious about your quote.  Does this mean that only 14 people have BRCA2 or just a special type of BRCA2?  It sounds very rare indeed.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2010 at 1:41pm
Me too..

I understand about your mutation being a rare one.  My question to you, was this information on your report or did you find this online?  I would like to learn more about my brca 1 mutation,

Thanks,
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
miho6009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miho6009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2010 at 9:22am
My mother and I both with A RH negative.  Both suffer Brest cancers at ther same time in 1994. Have another one in 2002, during pregnancy.  Still alive and mom.
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2010 at 9:59am
Hi miho6009 and welcome,

I am sorry to read both you and your mother have had breast cancer but it appears you are doing well, congratulations.

If you wouldn't mind, would you start a post under "welcome new members" or "talk" and share more about your breast cancer?

We would love to get to know you better.  We all understand here what it is like to have a tn diagnosis.
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
RhNegativeRegistry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RhNegativeRegistry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2011 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by NinaE NinaE wrote:

That link has the smell of advertising. $1.99 to be a lifetime member, answer some very peculiar questions, to get on a registry for recipients of rh-negative blood, never mind that hospitals don't dole out blood transfusions based on a registry and rh-negative blood is hardly rare...

You do not have to pay anything, answer any questions or join anything to see the free information on the site.  It is enough for you to start researching on your own.  Yes Rh Negative Blood IS rare and yes in cases of emergency, they will look for blood matches in unconventional places but they will still follow procedure to collect, type and match it properly; especially in those places with extreme shortages like the Philippines.  We are a worldwide network of available donors, willing to help.  In fact you can join without even giving your name....nothing peculiar there...

janet c. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janet c. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2011 at 9:48pm
I am rh positive, my Mom is rh positive and my 3 children are all rh positives.
dx 12/08 @47yrs.old TNBC stage 2a grade 3, 2.1cm. partial mastectomy sentinal node negative BRACA negative Cytocan/Taxatere x4 radiation 36 or 38rounds
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic