FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spiritual Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 324325326327>
Author
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2016 at 8:36pm
Dear romnessprite1,
Do not worry about offending anyone here by talking about Faith.  If anyone is offended, they have an even bigger problem than cancer. 
I know what you mean about trying to hang on to problems with a clenched fist.  It really takes a strong FAITH to Let Go and Let God. 
Thank you for being so open and honest about your feelings.  It helps me and others to do likewise.  I'm praying that all goes well with you.

Love and God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2016 at 10:28pm
Well said Lillie!! I second everything you've said and appreciate everyone's honesty here. It also helps me be honest and at times, makes me think about what's been written, consider things I hadn't even thought of before.
I love this forum, it has had a tremendous impact on during this active phase of treatment. Thank you all
Jackie
Dx: Nov. 27/15, TNBC, left breast & lymph, BRCA -; Chemo: Dec 4/15 - Mar 4/16; 4 DD A/C, 3 DD Taxol; BMX/ALND: April 26/16; Stage 3C; Radiation: June 10-July 15/16; 1 cycle Xeloda: Aug 15 - 28/16
Minigerkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minigerkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2016 at 12:44pm
Jacklin- you and all these other wonderful women here are so dear to me. It breaks my heart to hear you are not feeling well!  I hope this may offer some comfort - but you and all my friends here on the forum are on my church's prayer group.  We pray each night for all of you!  

Take care my friend!
Hugs!
Minigerkin
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2016 at 9:04pm
Hey there MiniG, just where would we be without each other? The meds have been working much better today and I am almost pain-free but very buzzed. It was important, for me, to have a pain-free day as it was my hubby's birthday, the big 6-0.  I wanted to be my best for him but he admitted how hard it is for him to see me in such pain every day.

Like you, I love everyone here dearly. You have no idea how much support and encouragement I get from you all. You are such blessings in my life indeed, thank you.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thursday,
J
Dx: Nov. 27/15, TNBC, left breast & lymph, BRCA -; Chemo: Dec 4/15 - Mar 4/16; 4 DD A/C, 3 DD Taxol; BMX/ALND: April 26/16; Stage 3C; Radiation: June 10-July 15/16; 1 cycle Xeloda: Aug 15 - 28/16
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2016 at 10:44am
I just read a post by a young man whos mother died. He said i will never forgive God. A verse came to mind that at first glance isnt very comforting. Im not sure where it is but I think its Matthew 16:33.
"In this world you will have trouble. But take courage I have overcome the world". Satan loves to blame God for our suffering. Its like we are still in the garden with Adam and Eve. "Hath God said?" You will not die if you eat.
We think well God created everything. Why did He put that tree there in the first place?. Like a little kid. Blaming there parents for becoming sick after eating all that candy they told hom not to eat.
God provided the way to eternal life. Free from this world of suffering. Even if i didnt have cancer. There is always suffering here on this earth. Im thankful God loved us enough to create heaven and provide the way of escape. We suffer here for a short time but our reward in heaven is beyond imagination. I watched both my parents die of cancer but they both knew they were going to a better place. Not just better. "Beyond Imagining" We dont deserve heaven its a free gift of love from our heavenly father.
Keep marching all you soldiers of the cross. Keep fighting each day knowing God is with us holding us up each day. Giving us blessings in the midst of suffering. Blessings we notice before. Like sunshine. Being able to sit outside and and enjoy nature or look at it through a window. A small glimpse of the Glory to be revealex to us.
snugltz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2016 at 2:15pm

What a beautiful wonderful post.  Are you perhaps a motivational speaker?  And you are always so upbeat.  You are truly an amazing woman.  Thanks.

Sometimes its hard to trust that the Lord cares and is really there listening.  But for me He has been patient and always sending me messages.  When I was first diagnosed I was very frightened.  Like most on here.  I was in the surgeons waiting room when this lady came up to me and handed me a box of sour lemon candy she said would help for the nausea.  Then she said God told her I would be fine.  It was surprising but I still didn't believe her.  I saw her again at the oncologist office.  Same thing.  I saw her the third time at the radiation office.  She appeared like out of nowhere.  Again a box of candy and I would be fine.  I still think she may have been an angel.  Next I had trouble with my insurance.  I called and the man who answered said he had been praying that morning for someone to help and it was me.  After being on hold he came back and said he took care of the problem and God told him I would be ok. Then I was going through a drawer. My grandmas old Bible was in it.  I never look at it since its in German  But a little card fell out and it said "I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears, behold I will heal thee" II kings 20:5.  Like a message from my gramma from heaven.  Next thing that happened  my oncologist came into the room at a chemo treatment and said she had gotten a feeling.  She said she got them once in a great while, and that I was going to be ok.  Now that's not what a doc will usually tell you with no proof.  And finally I was in the grocery store.  This couple came up to me and said God had told them to come and pray for me if that was ok.  That was over 5 years ago.  They have since moved to another town but call at least twice a week to check on me and pray for me.  He is a minister.  They have been my spiritual support team.  Who does that? Keep in touch for years with someone they didn't know.  So I can say God has been more than faithful.  And it has now been 6 years end of the month since diagnosis.  But I still have doubts and fears.  But God still keeps loving me anyway.  Different little things.  He is good. 
1 cm, 0/2 neg nodes, lumpectomy 6/16/10, cytoxin/taxotere 4x every three weeks, rad start 11/8 33X
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2016 at 4:56pm
Snuglitz thank you for sharing that testimony. Its very encouraging.
Thats amasing so many people had the message for you from God that you would be ok. We have an amazing loving wanderful Heavenly Father.
barrycarrot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote barrycarrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2016 at 7:26pm
I just wanted to come here to give God the glory for answering prayers. I had my lumpectomy this past Monday and have already received the results that I had a PCR. They confirmed also that as suspected, there was no cancer in the lymph nodes either. 

I'm so undeserving yet he continues to be so giving. 

I continue to pray for all of you that are on this same journey with me. I pray that you continue to hold God's hand along the way and that he helps you, as I know that he will. He can be the best friend you've ever had if you just let him. Heart

Age 40, DX: 12/10/15 Stage 1 TNBC, BRCA-, 7mm tumor in left breast, no nodes, ACT Chemo 1/4/16 - 4/15/16, Lumpectomy 5/16/16, PCR (Praise God!), radiation 6/22/16 -8/3/2016
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2016 at 8:45pm
Thank you Barrycarrot. He truly is a "very present help in trouble". And even when those few trouble free times come along. Our time here is like a vapor compared to eternity and during this short time there will be trouble but He will give us the His strength and courage and love and compassion to get us through it.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2016 at 8:02am
Dearest Friends,

I ask that you lift our friend Beth (BStark2003) up in prayers, support and love.  She has fought so long, strongly, courageously and at the same time has helped many of us.  Beth's condition is declining quickly, but is comfortable and at peace surrounded by her daughters, parents and family.  

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2016 at 9:06am
Dear Donna,
Thank you for letting us know about Beth (BStark2003).  She really has been an inspiration to all of us.  We love you Beth and pray that His Peace will be with you now and forever. 
I hope you are well Donna.

Love and God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2016 at 6:55pm
Thank you Donna for letting us know of this prayer request. Count me in, praying for Beth and her family through this difficult time. That His comfort will surround each family member and bring them peace as only He can and provide strength for each moment. 

Jackie
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2016 at 11:02am
Beth passed this morning.  This is a message from our mother:  Our dear Beth's soul slipped peacefully to heaven this morning at 5 am. She was brave and courageous for so long. We will miss her so much but are happy she is at peace.
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2016 at 12:29pm

I am so sorry to hear about Beth. She was so valiant!

I pray for the consolation of her family and loved ones. We will remember her with fondness.

May Perpetual Light Shine Upon Her Oh Lord and May her soul and the souls of the Faithful departed Rest in Peace. Amen.
Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2016 at 7:59pm
I am praying for Beth's family to find the courage and strength to go forward at this sad time.   She will be missed here on this site also.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
Tulips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2016 at 9:25pm
Beth was clearly a wonderful inspiration for so many of us, and just a lovely person.  This is so sad, but I hope her family can take comfort in their memories of such an incredible woman who helped so many.  Heartbreaking.
Dx April 2015 IDC TN 2.2 cm, Grade 3, Chemo started May 2015: Taxol/Carbo then AC, Lx with SNB Nov 2015, 33 Rad Dec 2015-Feb 2016. 6 months Capecitabine starting March 2016
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2016 at 8:29pm
I am so sorry to hear about Beth. She struggled long and hard. Father, I ask You to place your comforting hands on her family and this time, give them the peace that only you can give. These things I ask in the precious name of Your Son, Jesus.
DX 3/10/08 at age 67, IDC. Stage 1, Grade 3, 1.5 cm.
KI-67 99% at MX . Bilateral mastectomy 4/1/08 Node-, BRCA 1/2-,BARD1+, TX:Cytoxan/Taxotere x4,3 in family with TNBC
Fats1976 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fats1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2016 at 12:33pm
RIP Beth..... you helped so many. May her family find peace in the fact, that she is no longer suffering, and at rest now.
May God be with you all in this time of sadness.
Mom Dx 9/12
Stage 1c No Nodes involved.
Lump clear margins 10/12. Started 6 months of cmf chemo 11/12. Ended 4/13. RADS 28 tx 7 boosts ended 7/13. 02/14 Scans NED. 10/14 Scans NED. 6/15 Scans NED.

Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2016 at 11:30am
I honestly don't know what to say, I am so sorry to hear this. I will be praying for her family, friends and loved ones at this very difficult time, for strength for each day, courage to face each day and for comfort that only our Heavenly Father can provide.
romnessprite2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote romnessprite2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2016 at 2:50am
I havnt been able to access site for a week. Im so sorry to hear about Beth. I went back and read her posts of her fight with tnbc. What an example she still is. Her posts are still here so in a way she is still here to encourage all future tnbc warriors.
    I was especially touched by all of the people who have talked about how living each day was her fucus. Enjoying her family and traveling. She didnt let this disease become the focus of life. None of us know how long we have on this earth thankfully thats in Gods hands. We who are fighting cancer get a chance to see life differenty. To really value each day more. Really it is a blessing from Him how He brings our life into sharp focus. It helps us to see how limited our time is so we have the oppertunity to make the most of it.
   How sad is the person who discovers this too late. I never want to go to bed and sleep at night no matter how tired I am because it is the end of a day. I know each day is a new beginning but each day does come to an end. Im thankful God has given me the oppertunity to see how preciouse our time here is.
Stage 3A. TNBC Diagnosed 9/15/15 2cm grade3. 4AC & 12taxl .double mastectomy3/8/16. 25 rads finished6/2. xeloda started 7/7/16 stopped xeloda because of side effects7/14/16. BRCA+
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 324325326327>
  Share Topic