FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spiritual Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 322323324325326 327>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2016 at 4:27pm
Hi. I take trazodone it is mild often used for sleep and has helped many people. Its an old medicine tried and true and not expensive all insurance companies cover it because it is a proven help.read up on any medicine you take or call a pharmacist. Dont worry about side effects i had some dry mouth but that was it. Sleep like a baby.😊
Minigerkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minigerkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2016 at 5:34pm
Jacklin,
I also am taking a few meds to keep me calm.  I had a mini-meltdown after my diagnosis at my Gyn.  She prescribed Zoloft 100mg for daily use and Lorazepam .5 mg for panic and anxiety attacks.  It works wonders for me. I still have those pity party moments but I feel emotional healthy enough to try to work through those moments without Lorazepam.  

We as patients don't deserve the added burden of emotional "trials".  We are battling for our lives and don't need extra crap to deal with. 

I know you'll make an educational decision based on your own needs, just know your fellow warriors are there for you and we'll support you!

Hugs,
Minigerkin

Minigerkin
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2016 at 12:21am
Wow, I am truly overwhelmed by all your support today ladies. It's been a rough day but I made it through. Lillie's identified an important piece for me, I'm not the only one feeling isolation/alone. I've given what she wrote much thought tonight and find that as I read your posts, we're all in the same boat!! I know, that sounds kinda dumb, but it's just like me realizing last week that I am truly sick, my body is very sick. Until then, I didn't know that for myself. It's really hard to explain what I'm trying to say, so I pray that this makes sense. 

I think that for me, it's been almost 4 weeks since chemo ended, and now I'm waiting for surgery with no doctor appointments, no chemo side effects to deal with. I think that from the time I was diagnosed everything has moved at lightning speed with no time to think about what was really happening. Now that it's quieter, I think my brain is starting to do the emotional work, hence all the tears and feeling isolated. Everyone else is busy doing life and I'm just here, alone. My hubby's on a business trip this week and he's having a tough time with my illness - the time away is good for him. Please keep him in your prayers as his first wife died of cancer, so my diagnosis has opened a lot of old wounds. What a blessing this forum is, thank you all. I pray that you all will sleep well tonight, under His care. 

What a wonderful blessing you've been today in my life, thank you.

Sleep well,
Jackie
Dx: Nov. 27/15, TNBC, left breast & lymph, BRCA -; Chemo: Dec 4/15 - Mar 4/16; 4 DD A/C, 3 DD Taxol; BMX/ALND: April 26/16; Stage 3C; Radiation: June 10-July 15/16; 1 cycle Xeloda: Aug 15 - 28/16
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2016 at 9:40am
I have to share Rick Warren's devotional for today with you all, in light of my day yesterday:
Do You Have a Safety Net?
Facebook   Twitter   Pinterest   Email
By Rick Warren — Mar 30, 2016

Devotional  image from Rick Warren

“Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble” (1 Peter 3:8 NIV)

As a pastor, I see situations daily that nobody should ever have to go through alone. Nobody should ever have to wait in the hospital while a loved one is in life-or-death surgery. No woman should ever have to wait alone for the lab report on a problem pregnancy. Nobody should ever have to wait for news from a battlefield alone. Nobody should ever have to stand at the edge of an open grave alone. Nobody should ever have to spend the first night alone when his or her spouse has just walked out. 

Life’s tough times and tragedies are inevitable; each of us will face them. But we don’t need to go through them alone. We need God’s safety net to help hold us up through these difficult times.

What is God’s safety net? It is a group of other believers — a handful of people who are really committed to you. We call this kind of group a community. Here’s God’s plan for community: “If one part suffers, every part suffers with it” (1 Corinthians 12:26a NIV). Community is God’s answer to despair. 

Romans 12:15 expresses a similar idea: “Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.”

The first part of that verse is easy. When something good happens to someone, it’s often easy to join in on the party.

But when someone is having a tough time, it can seem more difficult. But, really, it’s simple. When you’re going through a crisis, you don’t want advice; you just want somebody to be there to sit with you, hold your hand, put an arm around your shoulder, or cry with you. 

As Paul tells us, “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up” (1 Thessalonians 5:11a). Encouraging someone else doesn’t always mean giving a pep talk or words of wisdom. Sometimes the best kind of encouragement is just sitting in silence, waiting and weeping with a friend.

Do you have a safety net — a group of fellow Christians you know you can count on in life’s toughest times? If not, go out today and begin building those friendships. The hard times in life are inevitable, and only a fool would go into them unprepared.

Dx: Nov. 27/15, TNBC, left breast & lymph, BRCA -; Chemo: Dec 4/15 - Mar 4/16; 4 DD A/C, 3 DD Taxol; BMX/ALND: April 26/16; Stage 3C; Radiation: June 10-July 15/16; 1 cycle Xeloda: Aug 15 - 28/16
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2016 at 10:18am

Hi Jacklin,   Thank You for posting this. It is so true. Despite though having wonderful God given friendships I found myself facing two situations described by Pastor Rick, alone, by myself, devastatingly horrible times.   Although my friends rushed to my side and were easily accessible, the two nights I spent alone in these two different situations were extremely dark.   However the Light of the World, Jesus Christ himself was with me. I drew strength to endure from his Passion and Suffering and through the Love of His Heart which I knew was open wide for me and drew me in and gave me courage to endure.

I pray that everyone here suffering will know the love and support of friendship and the Grace of God who is there at all times even when others are not.

God Bless,

Love, Annie

Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2016 at 1:31pm
Thank you jacklin. Who would have thought a group of women from all over the country could come together like we have and become a community. Gods safety net. He even uses the internet to bring people together. 😊 after we have all gone through treatment we should have a forum for tnbc survivors so we can stil keep in touch. Someday in heaven we will all meet face to face😁
AmyL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2016 at 2:30pm
I love the idea of a survivors forum! I hope to be a founding member! I also love the idea of all of us meeting in heaven one day. It's amazing how such a simple post made my whole day:)

Blessings for a great day

Amy
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2016 at 2:49pm
Thank you Lord.😊

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Minigerkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2016 at 5:59pm
Jacklin - thanks for sharing the devotional.  God does work in mysterious ways.  Today, was a rough day for radiation.  The dosage were raised according to the RO mapping.  The burn was intense and I couldn't even buckle up to drive home.  When I got home, I just dropped on the couch from the sudden fatigue. I took a nap, woke up and cried.  I am so sick of being sick.  So sick of not being my usually, strong self. So sick of these pity parties.  BUT, the devotional you shared put my life in preoperative. As Ginie stated, it is truly amazing we found each other!  I thank each of you for the support and reassurance!  God bless each of you!
Minigerkin
Minigerkin
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2016 at 7:48pm

Hi Minigerkin, I am not sure if this has been mentioned to you before but if you can try and buy an aloe vera plant. The aloe from inside is so helpful and one of the best methods in calming the burn. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. Keeping you in my prayers. God Bless. Love, Annie

Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minigerkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2016 at 8:04pm
Annie - Thanks for the tip! I have aloe and I definitely will try it.  It's tough to sleep when I'm a tummy sleeper, so I'll try the aloe tonight!  Thanks again!
Minigerkin
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2016 at 8:17pm

That is great Minigerkin    I hope it is just the plant itself. The Onc. I had did not want us using any of the products from the drug store as there were other ingredients in them. Straight from the plant is fine.
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2016 at 9:16pm
Thank you New Friends and Older Friends.  It is such a blessing that you girls who have recently needed this site found it.  The devotion was Spot On Jackie....  I have found that most every problem or joy we have can be backed up by scripture from God's Word.  That is what makes this thread so Special.   I like the idea of a Survivor's Forum. 

Love and God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2016 at 11:16pm
Ginie, you're so right, it's amazing (and yet, why are we saying amazing when God's behind it all?) that we all found ourselves here, on this site, when we're spread all over the continent, and in some cases the world. What a blessing to have you all here, knowing that my online friends will be there to support me when I have a weak moment, and that you have done. God's word is like a breath of fresh air every time I open it, there's always something there that I can use for that day. 

Minigerkin - i hear you about sick of being sick. Praying that you're comfortable tonight and that the burn has been soothed with the aloe plant. 

Praying that you all sleep well tonight, 

Jackie
snugltz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2016 at 1:05pm
Praying for all of you.  I remember how awful those early times were.  Remember you can survive this.  I am now two months from 6 years after diagnosis. 
And yes, it needs to be the aloe plant.  You can kind of cut the leaf lengthwise to expose the inside and rub it on.  Put the leaf in a baggie and in the frig.  Its nice and cool that way and it lasts.  Theres lots of aloe in a leaf.  Its soothing and works wonders.  I have the fairest skin ever.  Doc was  sure I was going to burn like crazy.  Not until the final two or three treatments did I even get red.  The aloe in a bottle just isn't as good.  I have given it to others.  Part of my plant.  The last lady had cancer on her head just behind her ear.  Apparently its a bad place for radiation.  I gave her part of the plant and she made it through without blistering.  They thought it was because of the aloe. 
1 cm, 0/2 neg nodes, lumpectomy 6/16/10, cytoxin/taxotere 4x every three weeks, rad start 11/8 33X
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2016 at 12:55pm
Wishing you all a blessed Sunday. Im thankful for all of you. Praying for you.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2016 at 1:16pm
Hi. Sisters. I am having trouble being motivated today. Then a Hymn popped into my head. Onward Christian Soldiers marching as to war with the cross of Jesus going on before. It is a war we are fighting. Just put one foot in front of the other. I can do that. If i think too far ahead its too much to cope with. So im trying to just think about the next thing i need to do today. 2 dr applintments. The endocrine doc to see if i have Addisons disease. Whats one more disease?.to deal with. I hope i dont end up with a disease collection too.😁
snugltz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2016 at 1:40pm
oh you poor poor thing.  I am praying hard for you.  Let me know how your dr appointments go.  Sometimes life seems such an uphill battle.  I know there are times I wish I would just die and be in heaven without all the pains and stress and problems.  Just peace.  But in a  day or so I am a bit better and figure theres stlll enough good on earth to continue here.  And yes Onward Christian Soldiers is a very very fitting song for our battles here.  And the crosss of Jesus is going on before and leading and protecting us. 
1 cm, 0/2 neg nodes, lumpectomy 6/16/10, cytoxin/taxotere 4x every three weeks, rad start 11/8 33X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minigerkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2016 at 1:50pm
Hello Sisters!  My laptop crashed last week and it's been a pain to deal with that. I'm finally able to log back on to the forum.  I wanted to give you all an update.  Tomorrow will be my final radiation boost!  I don't know what the next appointment will be, but it can't be worse than chemo and rad.  I keep each of you in my prayers, keep strong, keep fighting and thank God for giving us strength to endure this battle!

Hugs!
Minigerking
Minigerkin
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2016 at 2:44pm
Minigerkin!! I am so happy to see a post from you, i was wondering what had happened to you as you disappeared. Glad to hear it was 'only' a laptop crash and that you are ok. Congratulations on the final boost. I am so proud of you, you did it. You are right, we keep lifting each other up in prayer and thanking God for His healing in our bodies and strength for this very tough fight.

Have a super day and so glad to 'see' you again,
Jacklin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 322323324325326 327>
  Share Topic