FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spiritual Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 319320321322323 327>
Author
Minigerkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Minigerkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2016 at 5:20pm
Hi Jacklin,
Thank you for such an optimistic message!! I am so glad to have found my way to this supportive network of women with similar issues.  I attended a BC survivor group and found I was the only one with TNBC and the others had such different treatments than me.  I haven't gone back.  I  have my port removed on Monday and Tuesday I begin radiation for a total of 33 sessions.  I will also keep you in my prayers and wish you all the healing powers of our Lord.
Minigerkin
snugltz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2016 at 5:31pm
If you are a hard stick for all the future blood work leave in the port. It is an easy way to  get the blood.  I had mine in for a full 5 years till it stopped working.  and for me it was a bit of a mental thing too.  If I take it out and the cancer comes back I will have to have it put back in so leaving it in gave me some totally false but still sense of security.  But it did make the blood work much easier. 
1 cm, 0/2 neg nodes, lumpectomy 6/16/10, cytoxin/taxotere 4x every three weeks, rad start 11/8 33X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minigerkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2016 at 6:24pm
My port never worked correctly.  The nurses could never get a "blood return". I had to go through a port study and the radiologist had to confirm my port was in working condition. I had two AC treatments through the vein in my left arm and still have the knot and the dark vein.  So, that's basically why my surgeon suggested I have it removed.  What do yo think?  Knowing my story, do you still recommend me keeping it?
Minigerkin
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2016 at 6:40pm
Hi Sista's. I love being a sister to you all. It would be too hard to walk this road alone. Together in Christ we are unstopable. 😋 if that is a word. Lol. Thank you for the encouraging verses. I went to my pre-op today and we found possibly another node thats ? monday is my 12th and last Taxol. The lump has dissapeared so we were happy the AC plus T had worked and this is 😱😨 God says Its all part of my plan!Im holding Him to His promise.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2016 at 6:59pm
Minigerkin Im praying your 33 Radiation treatments will be a breeze for you. The people who do the treatment here have been so helpfull and they know all the tricks for everything. Even when we cant think of a question if i just say that im a little nervouse about this they always give me more info. So just know we will all be thinking about you and anxiouse to hear from you when you get home.
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2016 at 10:29pm
Hi Minigerkin,
Like you, I joined a BC support group and found I was the only one with TNBC. Everyone's treatment was so different and I found that I wasn't able to connect as well. Some of the members were very 'strong' and adamant that my treatment was 'wrong', which I know it isn't. When I tried to explain that I had TNBC, they didn't listen so I just sat there and waited for the end of the session. Like you, I haven't gone back. I have found tremendous support here and pray for each person here regularly. I find being in active treatment I have a lot of time when I need to rest and then use that time to pray and worship, for He is good, all the time and all the time, God is good. Praying that you sleep well tonight, under His care. 
Blessings,
Jacklin
Dx: Nov. 27/15, TNBC, left breast & lymph, BRCA -; Chemo: Dec 4/15 - Mar 4/16; 4 DD A/C, 3 DD Taxol; BMX/ALND: April 26/16; Stage 3C; Radiation: June 10-July 15/16; 1 cycle Xeloda: Aug 15 - 28/16
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2016 at 10:31pm
Dear Sister,
What wonderful news, your last chemo treatment - a moment to celebrate, especially because the lump has disappeared. Know that I'll be in prayer for you on Monday (I assume that's when your surgery is given you had pre-op today). Cling to His promises, look how He's used the AC&T to work in your body. He is good. He loves you so. Yeah God!!!!
Dx: Nov. 27/15, TNBC, left breast & lymph, BRCA -; Chemo: Dec 4/15 - Mar 4/16; 4 DD A/C, 3 DD Taxol; BMX/ALND: April 26/16; Stage 3C; Radiation: June 10-July 15/16; 1 cycle Xeloda: Aug 15 - 28/16
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2016 at 11:05pm
Hi Jacklin yes Im very Blessed to be able to feel that the tumor is gone or so small i cant feel it. Monday is my last chemo and Im having an ultrasound because the surgeon and i felt another lymph node that is big and suspiciouse. Earlier when i posted i was frustrated. Thanl you for reminding me to count my blessings.
snugltz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote snugltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2016 at 2:23am
If you had trouble with your port just for sure take it out.  You wont be able to get blood out of it anyway if it is a problem. 
1 cm, 0/2 neg nodes, lumpectomy 6/16/10, cytoxin/taxotere 4x every three weeks, rad start 11/8 33X
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2016 at 11:33am
Good Morning New and Old Friends,
How wonderful to see the Spiritual Support thread being used again.  Speaking of being in a group that has no clue what triple negative breast cancer is can be a lonely place.  Been there and done that.  It has been 9 years since I had breast cancer but not a day goes by that I am not reminded of it.  The Romans 8:28 scripture that says "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, and have been called, according to his purpose, is very special to me.  I have spent the years since 2009 until the present volunteering at the oncology clinic where I received treatment.  Actually after my husband died in 2014 I was put on the payroll as a "Patient Support" person.  I see this as God taking my suffering and using me for good to help so any other people experiencing the fear and uncertainties that accompany a cancer diagnoses.  When I meet a lady with a triple negative breast cancer diagnoses, I always share that I know personally how it affects them.  I have seen God at work using me to give them hope and courage that they can be victors too.
I will add that there are many other kinds of cancer, none of them are good.  Through my suffering God has given me a Spirit of compassion and love for all cancer patients that I see.  (A warm blanket, a pillow for the head, cool water or a soda with a snack, and a kind word is part of how God is using me). 
I do believe that as time goes by all of the ladies here will see, or maybe not see, how God is using you to help others, because of your own suffering.  
I pray for all the new friends here.  Most of you are just beginning to learn about the journey with cancer.  I also pray for all the friends who have been here for years.  Together we make Great Witnesses for Christ.

God Bless,
Lillie

Edited by Lillie - Feb 27 2016 at 11:34am
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2016 at 12:46pm
Dear Romnessprite1,

I'll be in prayer for you on Monday, your last chemo Clap. Like you, my tumour is shrinking as a result of the chemo and for that I'm so thankful. 

Of course you can be frustrated, I think we all have that from time to time and that's the beauty of this forum, where we can share our concerns/frustrations and then encourage each other to continue moving forward. What a blessing that we can support our fellow sisters in Christ here. I find the isolation of this illness sometimes so incredibly difficult and that's exactly when the devil finds a crack and has a hey-day. Let's continue to support each other with words and prayers, as needed. 

Have a peace-filled day,
Jacklin
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2016 at 12:57pm
Good afternoon Lillie,

Wow, you are a special lady, do you know that? I have admired you from the first time I read your post here at TNBC, now I see how God is using you on a daily basis. You are right, He is taking your suffering and using it to comfort others so that He may be glorified. I would never want to see anyone go through what you've gone through, you are allowing God to use you - your spirit of compassion to other cancer patients is so important. I know how I feel when I'm in the chemo suite and a volunteer comes to offer tea or coffee or a blanket or honestly asks "how am I?" and listens to my answer. Praise God for your giving and loving spirit. 

I know God has something good planned for why I'm going through this, I just don't know what that is right now but I am His child, He keeps me safe in the hollow of His hand and so I don't have to worry about tomorrow because I ultimately know I will be healed and whether that means here on this earth or going home for eternity. 

I would like to share a prayer request - one of my former students passed away this week from breast cancer, she was 20. She found a lump when she was 17 and had a mastectomy but her parents felt that she was too young for chemo and radiation and therefore opted out. The cancer metastasized within 6 months and it's been a very painful 18 months for her. I have reached out to her regularly, especially when I got my diagnosis in November and prayed for and with them.  While they are not christians, they requested prayer. Now, the family is grieving deeply and I ask that you lift them up in prayer, for comfort and strength for the coming days. 

Blessings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minigerkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2016 at 2:46pm
Thanks for your advice!  Smile
Minigerkin
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2016 at 9:24pm
Dear Jacklin,
Thank you for sharing your prayer request with us.   I will be praying for the family whose daughter died at 20 years old.  I have seen families drawn to Jesus after experiencing such losses.   I pray that the Holy Spirit will woo their hearts and souls into the acceptance of Jesus as their Lord and Savior. 
I also pray for you as you go through your treatments.   May God grant you peace of mind and courage for the future.

Love and God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2016 at 9:40pm
Hi i tried to pst this am and couldnt.im prayng for them too. I woke up with a bible verse in my head. The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases His mercy never comes to an end. They are new every morning. Great is they faithfulness.then i looked outside and my forsythia was in full bloom. To me that was evidence of Gods love. He didnt have to create flowers but He did.                                                                             
Dporter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dporter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2016 at 10:56pm
My husband and I went to a gospel singing tonight and the lyrics I took with me were.......
"Sipping from a saucer because my cup runneth over,"
I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such supportive people in my life! God is good, and I always know that, but when He lifts you out of a valley, then we see it even clearer than before.
Debbie
Dx TNBC 7/15; age 52; stage 2, grade 3, BRCA negative; Taxol weekly x 12, DD AC x4 completed 1/19/16
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2016 at 5:27pm

Hi All, Hi DPorter,    Wow it is such a JOY seeing all the wonderful things that the Lord is doing and sharing here!!!

"Sipping From A Saucer because My Cup Runneth Over"

I do not think I have ever heard those lyrics but I just LOVE them. Isn't it the truth!!!

Thank You so much for sharing.

God Bless,

Love, Annie      
Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2016 at 8:09pm
I'm with Annie, I've never heard of this song. When I googled it, all that came up was "Drinking from my saucer", is this the same song?  Would love to read the rest of the lyrics.

Happy Sunday everyone, hope it was a blessed, restful day for you all,

Jacklin
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 29 2016 at 1:49am
I found the song and it is great. Go to lyrcsplayground.com. look for Drinking from my saucer"by Jimmy Dean. This one reminds be of us tnbc sisters."If God gives me strength and courage,when the way grows steep and rough,I'll not ask for another blessing,Im already blessed enough,
And may I never be too busy to help another bear his load Ill keep drinking from my saucer cause my cup has overflowed"
You all have helped me bear my load by your example and encouragment.
Amen Sisters.
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 29 2016 at 9:16am
Thanks Romnessprite1 for sharing the lyrics. What a wonderful song, such encouraging lyrics.  Like you, I am finding tremendous support here at TNBC and it is a great place to ask my questions and share my concerns. 

FYI, the funeral for my former student was yesterday. I was unable to go as I had a fever, several other staff went and expressed my condolences to the family as well. I will be sending them a card this week and hopefully visit in a few weeks as well. Just need to continue praying for strength and courage for them all. Thank you TNBC family for letting me share this prayer request with you all. Hope everyone has a wonderful day today. 

Peace
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 319320321322323 327>
  Share Topic