FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spiritual Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 317318319320321 327>
Author
cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2015 at 12:44am
Dear Lillie,

I happen to be up late helping our youngest pack for his move to another state for a new job. Thinking about how much I'll miss seeing him daily, but so happy for his new adventure.

Your post just made me smile SO big. I am so pleased for you!! You are always in my prayers.

Love and hugs,

Blair
Lump found 11/08
DX: 2/09 @52 TNBC
L. Mast. 3/26/09, SN-, BRCA-,
4.5 cm (post surgical)T2NOMO
Chemo: 4/09-10/09 Taxol x 12,
A/C x 4, No rad.No recon. NED 1/17. New Primary right breast TN, 2/2018.
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2015 at 9:27am

Hello Dear Lillie!    I am so glad to hear of this wonderful news!

Upon reading your post the scripture from 1 Peter 5 resonated.

"You will have to suffer only for a little while: the God of all grace who called you to eternal glory in Christ will see that all is well again: he will confirm, strengthen and support you. His power lasts for ever and ever. Amen."

I am sure your dear Donald is rejoicing with you in giving thanks to God for all of these tremendous blessings!

Take good care, moving is such a big job.

Love, Annie

Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2015 at 9:26pm
Lillie,
I am so happy for you!  My how wonderful our God is!

Life is full of ups and downs and here's hoping and praying that your is full of ups from here on....

I am so sorry that you lost your Donald and that you are going forward on your own.  You are strong and have the love of God so you will be fine.  Also, I haven't been on this site for some time but I never cease to pray for our TN sisters.  It is so wonderful to hear your great news.  Go forth and continue to tell your wonderful TRUE STORIES to all who will listen for our God is an AWESOME GOD!  + + +

Take care sending hugs for whenever you need them.
Helen in NS
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
cheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2015 at 12:32pm
For those of you who remember my prayer requests for my mother in 2011 when she was diagnosed with late stage 3 ovarian cancer. Thank you. She will celebrate her 80th birthday this month and is doing wonderful. NED

Blair
Lump found 11/08
DX: 2/09 @52 TNBC
L. Mast. 3/26/09, SN-, BRCA-,
4.5 cm (post surgical)T2NOMO
Chemo: 4/09-10/09 Taxol x 12,
A/C x 4, No rad.No recon. NED 1/17. New Primary right breast TN, 2/2018.
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2015 at 8:13pm

Hi Blair,    This is wonderful news about your Mother!!!

Wish her a Happy Birthday for us.

Thank You so much for this post...very encouraging to all.

God Bless.   Love, Annie    
Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2015 at 8:47pm
Blair,

That is wonderful news!  

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2015 at 9:13pm
Dear Blair,
Thanks for updating us about your mother.  It is a wonderful thing to hear of answered prayers.  I hope you are doing well 'up in the mountains'....

Love and God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
snugltz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote snugltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2015 at 6:20pm
Hi.  Havent posted in a bit.  Does this thing never end?  Went for my yearly mammogram Monday.  Its now been 5 1/2 years from diagnosis.  I had to have my port removed in June because it no longer functioned to draw blood.  I am a hard stick so they decided to leave it in while it worked. Anyway, no problems.  Lots of bumps where the port was.  The surgeon said scar tissue.  My GP also said scar tissue.  I had them particularly make sure the mammogram covered the area.  Its pretty high up.  About the top of  my arm pit area only more in the center of my chest.  I also have 2 tiny bumps we found over a year  ago.  Nothing showed on mammo or ultrasound last December.  So when I went in Monday I told them to particularly check those 2 places.  Nothing showed on mammo.  But apparently they have to do  ultra sound if we ask for something that's unusual.  So did it on the 2 tiny bumps and said nothing.  So I asked about the ones where the port had been.  She went to confer with the doc.  So had to do ultrasound on that too since I mentioned it.  Doc comes in and says I think its just a fluid cyst but to be sure we need a biopsy.  He didn't think it was  anything to be concerned about but still have to go in tomorrow for a biopsy.  Now its all fine an good for him to not be worried but scares me to death.  This doc is not my oncologist.  They read your mammo immediately after taking it.  It was that doc.  I also get my blood results from my oncologist tomorrow.  So a VERY stressful day.  So if anyone gets on this forum please say a  prayer for all good results. 
Hope everyone is doing well.
1 cm, 0/2 neg nodes, lumpectomy 6/16/10, cytoxin/taxotere 4x every three weeks, rad start 11/8 33X
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2015 at 7:48pm

Hello Snugltz,   I am hoping that it turns out to be nothing. I know it is stressful for sure. Like you say, does it ever end?   I suppose we will always be more vigilant than usual after what we have been through...but that is wise.

Praying all goes well.   Let us know. Take care and God Bless.

Love, Annie

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2015 at 9:34pm
Dear Snugltz,
It is so good to hear from you again.  I am sorry your life is stress filled for the immediate future.  I am praying that what the radiologist saw is truly a cyst, or even less.  I will say that I believe I will be haunted by cancer for the remainder of my life.  Recently, on a very warm day, I got hot and was perspiring.  My bra felt so tight and uncomfortable resulting in a rash under my breast.  A few days later, in November, is when I had my mammogram.  I did not discuss the rash with the lady doing the mammogram.  Two days later I had my 9 year follow-up with my oncologist.  He did comment that it looked like heat rash and to keep using cortisone cream on it.  You probably can guess that I figured he would say (inflammatory cancer), but he didn't  It is gone now, and the oncologist was correct.   I had the 3D mammogram and the results came back saying...no cancer... 
Yes we will worry but I thank God every day that He is in charge. 

Love and God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2015 at 9:58pm
Hi snugltz,

Everyone here is in my prayers every night..

I am saying special prayers for you tonight. 

I hope all will be well..

warmly,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
snugltz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote snugltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2015 at 12:11am
Thank you all so much for your concern and prayers.  The prayers were answered, although I  guess all prayers are answered just not always the way we want or  understand why. 
When they poked the needle in the cyst it disappeared.  Just fluid.  Didn't even biopsy it.  And all my blood work was good.  So Praise the Lord and again thanks so much.
How are all  of you doing this Christmas?  I know it must be hard for you Lillie.
1 cm, 0/2 neg nodes, lumpectomy 6/16/10, cytoxin/taxotere 4x every three weeks, rad start 11/8 33X
Sharon E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2015 at 6:59am
Congratulations, Snugltz.  You are so right that all prayers get answered, just not necessarily the way we think they should be.  I try to always remember that my Lord God has a perfect plan for me.  I also know that my faith grows the most during times of trials. Keep the faith and rely on Him for support.  I am so glad you got good news.
3/12 Stg2b TNBC, IDC, Grade 3, age 49, 3 nodes, BRCA-,4/12-8/12 AC/T, 9/12 MBX no rads
10/14 Recur chest, BM, biopsy removed tumors, Gem/Carb 4,1/15, NED 1/15, Rads, 7/15 BM, Gem/Carb 4
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2015 at 8:50am

Hi Snugltz,   I too am sending up a prayer of Praise to the Lord!

Wonderful news.

Love, Annie
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2015 at 9:16am
Dear Snugltz,

You just made my holiday season. Smile

Delighted you had such a good result....now relax and enjoy the holidays and wishing you and all here as good a 2016 as possible.

warmly,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2015 at 4:04pm
Hello Snugltz,
Praise God from whom ALL Blessings flow.  Wonderful news about your cyst? or less?....  God is Good.
Yes, I do miss Donald every day.  But the holidays are harder.  Not having your mate with you at parties and gatherings is painful.  My life has taken so many twists and turns since August 2, 2014.  Only God could be in charge of such a wonderful, painful journey.
Praying blessings on all my TNBC site friends.

Love,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2015 at 11:43am
Lillie,

Sending you a big hug during this holiday season.

Snugltz,

So glad it turned out not to be only a cyst.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

snugltz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2015 at 5:42pm
Again, thank you all!!

Steve,
It has been over 5 years since I joined this forum.  You were so kind and even talked to me on the phone. I was (and still am especially before tests) a total mess.  I think most of us are.  At that time this was still a fairly new cancer (well newly discovered as a different breast cancer. and thanks to Angelina Jolie for now making people aware of it)  You have helped us through so much and given us soooo much information. You have been such a great advocate for us all. Your prayers and support over the years is above and beyond all.  And as a man, not having cancer yourself (least I don't think so) even though your family has,  you continue to support us all as you do. It is a true testament of what a kind, caring, amazing person that you are.  Just wanted to say a great big THANK YOU!!!!
Jacklin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2016 at 5:23pm
Dear Lord,

I praise you, I thank you for this thread. I needed to be ministered to today and you provided this opportunity. Thank you all for allowing our heavenly Father to use you to minister to me today. I have been lifted up by what you've all prayed and shared here. I too will continue to lift you all up each and every day as we travel down this path of TNBC.

Lillie - my deepest sympathies on the loss of your beloved Donald. I pray that you are comforted by the Holy Spirit in a way that only He can comfort you today. Much strength for each day. 

Ps 46:10 - Be still and know that I am God
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2016 at 6:06pm
Dear Jacklin,
I am so thankful that this thread is a blessing to you.  It is not as active as it once was but it still serves a purpose to those who need ministering to.  Gods Word does not return void and I feel that this thread is filled with Gods Word. 

Thank you for your mention of my husband Donald.  I miss him terribly, still, but the Holy Spirit ministers to me daily.  Personally I cannot figure how we would get through these times without the presence of the Holy Spirit.

May your days be filled with health, happiness and healing.
God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
No Rads.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 317318319320321 327>
  Share Topic