FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alternative Treatment Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
Author
MsBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2009 at 12:53am
Maryjahn, I wish you well on this journey.  TC is very effective with tnbc and I'm sure you know that tn is very responsive to chemo.  There are fiber sups and other methods that help with constipation--if you feel that your intestines are just taking a beating there is something called SeaCure and also glutamine.  Glutamine is very protective for your intestinal lining--it rebuilds the lining.  If you are low on protein, drinking whey protein will help and supply lots of glutamine at the same time.  Are you taking Vitamin D?
maryjahn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryjahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2009 at 1:56am
thanks MsBliss!

I am eating tons of fiber it just isn't helping.  I also have a juicer to make all sorts of drinks to help and I'm using the whey protein dringks. I ordered probiotics because they seem to help without the bloating all of the other stuff seems to do.  I am taking the vit d--8,000 mg and I am also taking the Wobenzymes to eat up any cancer cells wandering in my blood stream.  Very expensive but very worth it I think.  I did a colonics on the 4th day but I didn't feel okay until today. 

mary
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2009 at 9:50pm
Menopause as Brought to You By Big Pharma

I hope the lawsuits start piling up for these greedy monsters.
Nancy

Nancy
DD Lori dx TNBC June 13,2007
Lumpectomy due to incorrect dx of a cyst
mastectomy July 6 2007
chemo ACT all 3 every 3 weeks 6 tx Aug-Nov
28 rads ended Jan 2008
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2009 at 10:30pm
Once again just a post in this 22 page "thread". Sure doesn't look like this will be a forum any time soonCry

Curcumin and bioperine target breast cancer stem cells.

Nancy
mastectomy July 6 2007
28 rads ended Jan 2008
MsBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2009 at 10:49pm
Wow, thank you for the link.  Very interesting article.

This is exactly why information is power and we need to take control of our health.  To be informed is the best way to approach our individual health. 

The best thing to come from all this is that the internal documents are unsealed and the public sees the trickery that was perpetuated for decades on women.

Originally posted by Nancy Nancy wrote:

Menopause as Brought to You By Big Pharma

I hope the lawsuits start piling up for these greedy monsters.
Nancy

MsBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2009 at 10:55pm
LOVE YOU, Nancy.....you are a gem for sharing this information.  Thank you.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2009 at 11:19pm

Curcumin and bioperine target breast cancer stem cells.

Nancy,
Check out the info on Curcumin.  It's a little ways down in the post but an interesting study.

http://nosurrenderbreastcancerhelp.org/page38/page75/page75.html

Yes, it doesn't look like we'll get to post by topic under this thread anytime soon.  So confusing!

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2009 at 2:45pm
Study verifies mammography screenings cause cancer

Nancy
mastectomy July 6 2007
28 rads ended Jan 2008
maryjahn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryjahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2009 at 3:14pm
regarding mamograms:
Hi Nancy,

You have been posting some really informative stuff lately!  Thank you.  I will prefer to never have another mamogram!

I just went to Commonweal's site (retreat & learning center for cancer) and there is a book on line or available for purchase on amazon that combines the best of standard and integrative therapies!

Mary
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2009 at 4:54pm
Maryjahn,

However, on another bc site one of our TNBC members posted the article which I was trying to locate on the RSNA...
but...I keep reading where women with the BRCA gene mutation have to be aware that radiation may cause more cancer for them. I believe Pam posted a link in the resource section on this subject also. You just know that it will cause cancer, and one has to wonder if this is not the reason that many women with the BRCA gene are being dx a second time, and women in general are develping bc . Personally, I will never have another mammogram, nor will Lori. Maybe some day "they" will publish the truth. Probably not in my lifetimeCry 
Nancy
mastectomy July 6 2007
28 rads ended Jan 2008
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2009 at 10:40pm
Nancy
mastectomy July 6 2007
28 rads ended Jan 2008
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2009 at 10:44pm
Nancy,

Is the curcumin taken as a supplement?

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2009 at 10:56pm

To get your levels up to 80-100, (which is where you need to be), you need to take 1000 IU's more per day for each 10 ng. If you are at 30 then you need to take at least 6000 IU's per day until you get the levels up. And....you should be having testing. . . .

In regards to your other post, they are finding that women/people when dx with cancer, and have their D levels checked, the D levels are very low. D3 has to do with the immmune system, and when your immune system is compromized, this leads to cancer and many other diseases. Every person dx with cancer or any other disease, should demand to have their D levels checked upon dx.

Nancy,
FYI.  I commented on another thread, but after chemo, my D3 levels were 19.  I started taking 5K to 6K of D3 a day, along with 2 Citracels and a multivitamin.  About 8 weeks later, my D3 levels are now 47.

Donna

maryjahn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryjahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 2:06am
Hi Donna,

I understand that curcumin is best if eaten so we will all be eating lots of curry!  Good thing I love
Thai and Indian food.

Mjahn
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 12:09pm
And yet another article on Curcumin...

For well over a year I have been reading and posting on the benefits of this. It is so absurd that oncologists tell their patients to stop all vitamins/supplements...basically everything while taking treatments. Of course once treatments are ended, then the body is so depleted of what it has needed/needs, that it can take years to recover. Oh but there are drugs to take care of those issues, and then more drugs to take care of the side effects which the first drugs cause. Why can't people see this? It is a vicious cycle.

In this article it states to not take it 3 days before and 3 days after, and it says to consume a soupspoon per day. In the book by Servan-Schreiber, he wrote to use 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon per day with a pinch of black pepper. I will be telling Lori of this and definitely be upping my consumption also.

Our member Ronda (my dear friend and vitamin guru), really had it right when she made recommendations/suggestions as to stopping all vitamins/supplements the day before chemo, day of chemo and for 2 days after. That is in the chemo tips. She sure as heck came away from treatments better than anyone I have known or read about. She did cleanses, took all the supplements, etc., and her body did not suffer as did all the other women. She worked with a naturopath. Mary you will not suffer all these side effects, for you are working with a doctor who truly cares about your health.

As Lori has stated many times...if she knew then what she knows now, she would have taken everything she could to avoid the horrible effects of treatments, and would have never told her oncs.

Nancy
mastectomy July 6 2007
28 rads ended Jan 2008
caro36 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caro36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 1:02pm
Hi Nancy!
Why isn't there a forum for this topic? It's so inconvenient to talk about so many issues on just one thread. Do you know why?

Hugs, C

lumpectomy 9/2/08 6mm TN tumor
38 rads, 13 boost
6xTAC finished 04/10. BRCA1+ bill. mastectomy, imm. reconstruction using tissue exp 01/10
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 1:35pm
[QUOTE=caro36]Hi Nancy!
Why isn't there a forum for this topic? It's so inconvenient to talk about so many issues on just one thread. Do you know why?

Hugs, C

Caroline,

Hi there sweetie!! As to your question...who knows, and I am sure not going to ask for a forum again. I just go to another BC site, and the alternative forums.

Another article as to CT scans....

Nancy
mastectomy July 6 2007
28 rads ended Jan 2008
maryjahn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryjahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 2:26pm
Hi Nancy--as always, great info!  I knew about the black pepper with turmeric but I couldn't remember/find the amount.

what other bc site has an alternative forum?
Donna Z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 4:53pm
Hi all. A soup spoon of turmeric as per the above article along with pepper sounds like quite abit?? I was told by the dietician at MDAnderson where they are doing a study on this to take a 1/4 teaspoon with a sprinkle of pepper and add it to my daily salad dressing. I find turmeric gives me heartburn so cannot imagine a soupspoon of it. I am going to see if I can find it in supplement form. I can tolerate pepper on my food but having trouble with the turmeric. I have added it to meatballs, canned salmon etc but no go for me. Hoping a supplement will work. What are others experience??

Donna
Dx 03/09 TN, Stg 2a, gr 3, 1.7 cm Taxol X 12, FAC X 4, segmental mastec Sept 10/09,
1 pos/29, from Canada, Treatment MDAnderson, rads X 30 started Oct 29/09. Zometa start Nov 24/09
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 5:12pm
Donna,

Perhaps you cannot tolerate Turmeric? I posted a few articles on another bc site as to gallstones/gallbladder problems. It stated that many do not realize that Turmeric actually clears out the gallbladder. When we cook with turmeric we add probably much more than this in a meal preparation. However, you are not to add the turmeric at high heat, as it destroys it's properties.

The supplements are not near as beneficial as the real spice.

Oh...I forgot. Have you seen the latest on heartburn and acid stomach? They are saying that what is needed is more acid, not the meds that are prescribed for this condition now, like I guess the Prilosec, etc. You might want to check in to that?

Edited by Nancy - Dec 29 2009 at 5:16pm
Nancy
mastectomy July 6 2007
28 rads ended Jan 2008
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
  Share Topic