FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A/C & Taxol

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
unklez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unklez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A/C & Taxol
    Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Tabatha00 Tabatha00 wrote:

I just finished my 2nd A/C treatment.   I have 2 more of those to go (every 2 weeks) and then I'll be doing 12 weekly Taxol treatments.  

I'm just wondering if anyone else had the same thing and NOT had a recurrence.   I only want to do this once and was just wondering what kind of reponse other TN gals had to this treatment plan.   If you haven't had a recurrence, how far out are you from your last treatment?

Dear Tabatha,

Generally speaking, AC->T is supposed to reduce the residual recurrence risk by about 50%. For example, if after mastectomy (or lumpectomy and planned radiation), your risk of recurrence is 50%, AC->T is supposed to reduce the risk of recurrence to 25%.

Love, Unkle

Wife Dx: Jul/09. Age: 37. Size: 3cm. BRCA: -ve. Lumpectomy: Aug/09. Micromet 1/9 node. Chemo Start: Sep/09. E5103. DD ACB-> DD Abraxane (Taxol reaction). Zometa (S0307). Canadian Fraction Rads.
kirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 9:06pm
Tabatha,

I only had 4 tx of AC [total] and am almost 9 years out. I didn't do them dose dense. Additional chemo and DD came after my time.[ not that I feel that old !]
kirby

dx Feb. 2001. Age 44
Lumpectomy

2cm. no nodes stage 1 grade 3

4 rnds AC, 35 rads
dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 6:15am
Tabatha, around 60% of women who have ACT don't have a recurrence, though these numbers vary with initial stage, BC subtype, lymph status, and so forth.  And of course sensitivity to chemo.

Good luck!!  There are lots and lots of long term survivors out there!

Love,
Denise
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
Tabatha00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabatha00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 4:51am
I just finished my 2nd A/C treatment.   I have 2 more of those to go (every 2 weeks) and then I'll be doing 12 weekly Taxol treatments.  

I'm just wondering if anyone else had the same thing and NOT had a recurrence.   I only want to do this once and was just wondering what kind of reponse other TN gals had to this treatment plan.   If you haven't had a recurrence, how far out are you from your last treatment?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic