FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone have ACT Chemo Treatment?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
Author
Donna Z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2009 at 10:52pm
Hi girlpower. I had something similar on taxol. Every night I soaked my feet in Vit E oil added to warm water and epsom salts. Then put a really good thick non scented cream on them. This worked. The Vit E I used was the concentrated kind in capsules. I just snipped the end off and squeezed it into the water. I used about 10 capsules per pan of water. The pan was the size to soak my feet; not a big basin. But you could put whatever amount of Vit E you wanted to and my feet would feel a bit oily so put a light cotton socks on after so it is not slippery to walk. Hope this helps. It also feels good just be careful the water is not too hot as with neuropathy you could burn yourself so check it with your hands or elbow.

Donna
Dx 03/09 TN, Stg 2a, gr 3, 1.7 cm Taxol X 12, FAC X 4, segmental mastec Sept 10/09,
1 pos/29, from Canada, Treatment MDAnderson, rads X 30 started Oct 29/09. Zometa start Nov 24/09
Donna Z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2009 at 10:53pm
Just a further thought. I had big blisters that were turning black and blue prior to starting my soak routine and this actually healed them up.

Donna
Dx 03/09 TN, Stg 2a, gr 3, 1.7 cm Taxol X 12, FAC X 4, segmental mastec Sept 10/09,
1 pos/29, from Canada, Treatment MDAnderson, rads X 30 started Oct 29/09. Zometa start Nov 24/09
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2009 at 9:30am
Hi Girlpower,

So sorry to hear about your feet problems.  Neurothpathy can go away or it can come later on.  We are all different.  I am still on meds for Neuropathy from treatment over 2 yrs ago.

But others aren't bothered by it or as I said it goes away so time will tell.

Maybe one of the above links will help.  I sure hope you find relief soon.
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2009 at 1:32pm
My first Taxo my hands started going numb, and I was losing the use of a couple of fingers.  My doc had me do an ice bath for the last four treatments and it worked amazingly well.  Once the pre-meds were done and they were about to start the Taxol infusion, I was given a small container of shaved ice & water.  I would plunge all 10 fingers in and off we'd go.  When it started feeling TOO cold I would pull them out for a few minutes, then plunge them in again.  I would do this the entire 2 1/2 hours of the infusion.  My husband kept an eye on me because the Benedryl made me woozy, and if I started to tip the ice he'd correct it.  It sounds like a big pain in the butt, but it wasn't a big deal and it worked AMAZINGLY well.  My feet continued to get a little more numb, while my fingers NOT AT ALL.  And it stopped the changes in my fingernails, I think I would have lost my nails if I hadn't done the ice bath.  My onc offerd to do an ice bath for my feet as well, but it never got that bad - I was lucky.  My onc did this for ALL of her Taxol patients and said she had a remarkably good response.  I highly recommend it!
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
unklez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unklez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2009 at 1:44pm
Dear GirlPower,
My wife has been taking Vitamin B Complex and L-Glutamin daily since 2 weeks before the first Abraxane dose.  I also massage her hands and feet with lotion, cream or baby oil every night. She has not had any neuropathy to speak of and she has had 3 doses of taxanes, same as you I believe.

The neuropathy effect of Abraxane is believed to be more intense and in a higher % of patients although shorter lived than Taxol. She has had every single side effect from chemo other than neuropathy. So I have to believe it is the Vitamin B and L-Glutamin and the daily massages that have helped :-)

Wife Dx: Jul/09. Age: 37. Size: 3cm. BRCA: -ve. Lumpectomy: Aug/09. Micromet 1/9 node. Chemo Start: Sep/09. E5103. DD ACB-> DD Abraxane (Taxol reaction). Zometa (S0307). Canadian Fraction Rads.
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2009 at 3:27pm
WOW Unklez, you are absolutely awesome. 
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
unklez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unklez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2009 at 3:47pm
Thank you! I try.

Wife Dx: Jul/09. Age: 37. Size: 3cm. BRCA: -ve. Lumpectomy: Aug/09. Micromet 1/9 node. Chemo Start: Sep/09. E5103. DD ACB-> DD Abraxane (Taxol reaction). Zometa (S0307). Canadian Fraction Rads.
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2009 at 3:08pm
Unklez, I agree, awesome, your wife is a lucky woman.Smile
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
  Share Topic