FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
natalie07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natalie07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .
    Posted: Aug 25 2009 at 5:52pm

Edited by natalie07 - Aug 27 2009 at 4:09pm
cg--- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cg--- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2009 at 6:45pm
Dear Natalie,

Welcome and thank you for helping your mother with computer skills (I really need my daughter to help me and this mother thanks all the daughters).

The good news is that they caught the spot early.  They started your mother on a bisphosphonate which helps in a few ways.  It strengthens bone so they will not fracture easily, they circle the cancer spot and 'wall' it off, and the other thing they are studying in trials right now is bisphosphonate being able to prevent further spread.

I do not know what chemotherapy your mom had before - but triple negative responds very well to chemotherapy.

Please know if you have any questions there are many wonderful sources of information from the people on the forum and in the resource section.

Not that any place is good to have another location of the tumor showing up - but if I had to pick...I would pick bone before organs and she may find the bisphosphonate works really well for her.

Love,
Connie

dmwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2009 at 9:15pm
Natalie,
I second what Connie said about bone mets.  People live with bone mets for many, many years.  If you go to the website Inspire for advanced breast cancer, you'll find women 10, 12, 15 years out with bone mets, living well.   So don't panic!   This may well just be a chronic condition that won't get in her way.  You are incredibly sweet to care for her like this.  She is a lucky mommy.
love,
d
DX 2/08@43 stg II IDC; gr2,0 nodes. Neoadj chemo, first ACx2 (fail) then CarboTaxotereX6(better). Lump, Rads done 11/08; Clodronate. False alarm queen: PetCT lung & TM marker. NED. PBM w/recon 9/10.
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2009 at 1:03pm
My grandmother had bone mets for 17 years, she lived to 78 years old!  MD Anderson was her hospital.
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
natalie07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natalie07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2009 at 1:14pm
Thank you Connie so much for that great information! It helps me understand it better...
I like this website, it is really supportive.
Thank You!!!Smile

And dmwolf...thank you as well...I will check out that other website!!

kellyless...i am sorry to hear about your grandmother...but wow 17years that is great!!! I will tell my mom! THANK YOU

Edited by natalie07 - Aug 26 2009 at 1:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic