FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are there women who survive TNB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
newalex View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2010 at 4:25am
Genie
are your niece and sister all doing fine now? How long ago since their dx?
At what stage were their dx and their treatment?
Thanks so much and love to you all.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2010 at 6:32am
Originally posted by Karen W. Karen W. wrote:

I didn't know TNBC had been around for 7 and 8 years. Thank you for sharing!

Triple negative (er-, pr-, her-)  breast cancer has always been around.  It's only in the last several years that it's been given a name and identified as a subset type of bc.
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2010 at 11:03am
Newalex,
It has been 8 years for my niece and 7 years for my sister. I don't know the grades and stages of their cancers but they both had node involvement. They each had 6 rounds of chemo - cytoxan, adriamycin, and one other that I don't remember the name of. They did not have taxotere. They are both doing great, PTL! Thanks for asking.

May God bless & keep you. Love to all.
DX 3/10/08 at age 67, IDC. Stage 1, Grade 3, 1.5 cm.
KI-67 99% at MX . Bilateral mastectomy 4/1/08 Node-, BRCA 1/2-,BARD1+, TX:Cytoxan/Taxotere x4,3 in family with TNBC
Karen W. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2010 at 11:10am
that is truly exciting news and yes PTL!
DX July 07; lumpectomy,Chemo 4 sesions,36Rad; DX Oct 09;36 Rad;Metastatic Clavical lymph nodes in neck; chemo pending****CHEMO NO LONGER PENDING. DR SLEDGE SAYS NO CHEMO SHOULD BE USED (4 my case)
mom&grandma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mom&grandma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2010 at 11:26pm
My friend is five years out from diagnosis.  She was Stage One, Triple Negative.  She told me the best advice is to just move forward and be positive!

Bonnie
Bonnie, mom of Heather, age 32, Dx on 9/1/09 TN IDC Stage 1, 1.4 c, lumpectomy, 10/8/09, DD AC & T, 3/9/10 bilateral mastectomy and immediate reconstruction, BRCA 1/2-
count65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote count65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2010 at 12:48am

Hi everyone,

I'm a 9 year TNBC survivor - NED and I'm posting to let you all know TNBC can and is beat by many women.   Please keep in mind that when you're 6,7,8,9 years out from your cancer dx, your life goes on and you'll be thinking less and less about cancer recurrance and therefore you and I won't be checking forums and searching endlessly about new treatments, latest research, etc. 

So, with that said, I apologize for not posting here often.  Remember there are alot of long term TNBC survivors, we just don't keep up with these sites any longer.   I would really love to be able to spend an hour every day posting replys, unfortunately that isn't possible.  If anyone wants to contact me directly, I'm at count65@hotmail.com.   I'll also continue posting when I see replys to my posts or notifications via email.

Dx 12/00 5mo pregnant,age 35
st IIB,IDC,high grade 4.3cm, 8/9 mbr score
DCIS,solid type,TNBC
1/10 pos nodes
AC&tax 4ea,35 rad
3 AC when pregnant
BRCA1&2 neg
daughter born 3/3/01
son 3/22/04
diane1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diane1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2010 at 9:08am
bump

dx 4/09 at 36 yrs old. dbl Mast. 5/09. 12 weekly Taxol 4 FAC tri weekly. 32 rads completed 2/2010. Its Back 5/2010!! Chest wall, Mediastinal node, Lft mammary node and liver. Back on chemo.
Galina2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galina2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2010 at 11:26am
Hello,
I am out for only 2 years. I do count from the time I started to think I will make it. 

I am at about 60% now, only problems are: getting tired easily (have to watch myself), periferal neuropaty (not feeling my feet, like walking on stumps!) and not feeling thirty (occassional problems with kidneys). 

And I got my darling doggy, Emma.  She helped a lot.

I wasn't visiting the forum for a while, BUT, I have found it is good to come back from time to time to remind myself the beast is still around and not to miss a single minute of my life. 

It is also paramount to be on top of research and new developments in case it will come back.  There is so much to learn and we have here so much research done, articles read, conclussions made and personal experiences to tell. I will be back and keep in touch, we are just big family!

Yes, I got so busy, I had to withdraw my support for our local BC group, but the reseach goes on.  Good luck to all and keep comming back, please!
Believing is 50%!Dx 7/10/07, Lumpectomy 8/24/07, double mast/no recont. 10/01/07, IDC, 3 cm, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, Stage IIA, ER-/PR- HER2- Age 48, chemo 11/23/07 lung spots 3/08
Galina2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galina2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2010 at 11:28am
Hello, count 65,

congratulation on the years you got and be around your kids!
How is your daughter doing, after having chemo with you? What doctors say about chemo while pregnant?
Have a nice day! 
Believing is 50%!Dx 7/10/07, Lumpectomy 8/24/07, double mast/no recont. 10/01/07, IDC, 3 cm, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, Stage IIA, ER-/PR- HER2- Age 48, chemo 11/23/07 lung spots 3/08
lisab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2010 at 11:37am
I am like Galina, don't come here as often as I'd like, but do from time to time as I too find it very uplifting. 

Originally diagnosed with triple negative BC in 2004, although I didn't know it was tn at the time.  Had mets to the chest wall in 2007, had chemo and radiation and I'm still here and doing pretty good, thank God. 

I tire easily, but keep on keeping on. 

I didn't read all 11 screens of this thread, but hope that you and all the other wonderful people here are doing well and on the road to healthy, cancer-free lives. 

I'll check back more often. 

Love and hugs,

Lisa B.
Diagnosed June 2004. Lumpectomy and radiation. BRCA2+. PBM w/DIEP Recon March 2005. Mets in chest wall June 2007. Chemo (Gemzar and Carboplatin) with radiation completed January 2008 - 5+ years ago.
count65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote count65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2010 at 12:14pm
Hi Galina2,
Thanks for asking about my daughter.  She is a very active 9 year old (urned 9 last month) who loves gymnastics (she trains 9 hrs/week) and is training level 5.  She's a 4th grader who has received academic awards in education the 1st trimester of each grade level and earns Principals Honor roll each trimester.  What's even more exciting is that she grade skipped kindergarten and is still performing so awesome in school.  She's also a pitcher for girls fastpitch softball and she has confidence beyond belief!  She's one amazing little powerhouse!  She's also been a girl scout since age 5.  She's experience cheer for 2 years, basketball, soccer, hip hop etc...  I can't keep her down.

Physically there is nothing different, medically no complications.   She  wears eyeglasses for nearsightedness with a slight stigmatism - (my husband, my sister, my mom all wear glasses as well).   She has been part of a study since birth with Elyse Cardonick from NY.  (Dr. Cardonick keeps in touch with my daughters Dr. to track overall general health - I have no participation).  Until now... today she goes for a 2 hour evaluation at Loma Linda University Medical Center.   The appt. is with a psychologist.  For this study, kids have been tested for 2+ years, and early results show nothing abnormal.  This is her 1st time being evaluated face to face by anyone since birth.  Her Dr. records have been supplied to Elyse but never a face to face meeting with anyone.  I'm really excited for her and me to experience this meeting.
DCIS,solid type,TNBC
1/10 pos nodes
AC&tax 4ea,35 rad
3 AC when pregnant
BRCA1&2 neg
daughter born 3/3/01
son 3/22/04
base View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote base Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2010 at 12:51am
Hi Ladies,

I didn't read all the posts here but love this kind of thread.  Count65- your daughter sounds like a true spitfire.  I have a friend who also did chemo while pregnant but her son is only about a year so I am going to happily tell her about your post.

I was dx'ed June 2006.  No family history.  Stage 3 grade 3.  Found the lump talking on the phone....emailed my ob/gyn... waited a month... got referred to a surgeon... waited a few months... the lump doubled in size but I wasn't worried as I didn't think it was cancer...  then got dx'ed.... fun times. 
I worked and coached field hockey (in retrospect fairly badly, only during chemo) through treatment and had AMAZING family and friend support and a chemo cat who sat with me when I was awake and scared. 

I am super lucky but wanted to tell my short story to provide hope.

Looking at stats can get really depressing as one usually thinks they will fall in the 'negative' section... remember... some stats are not always as specific as you want them and they are passe (usually need data from at least 5 years ago). 

It is ok to feel scared but know that you are not alone and that there are people out there who have been through something similar and are now surviving and thriving.

Huge hugs,
Saskia
dx 6/06 @31
Stage IIIA, grade 3, ER-/PR-/HER2-, 5cm

BRCA1and2 negative

6/06 4 dd A/C, 4 dd Taxol
10/06 lumpectomy, SNB
12/06 radiation
newalex View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2010 at 8:06am
hi Galina
Was your lung spots related to the BC or not?
newalex View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2010 at 8:08am
hi LisaB
Did you have chemo in 2004? Was the tumor close to the chest wall in 2004?
Autumn10182001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autumn10182001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2010 at 8:42am
thank you for posting Base... nice to hear of more survivors
DX2/99 Stg I,ER+PR+ Chemo lumpectomy - Neg nodes,rads, tamox,femara. DX4/09, Stg IIB /III, TNBC IDC, Grade III, 2.5CM, mastectomy. 4AC DD,12 wkly taxol,BRAC1&2Neg, Right Mast 11/25/09
lisab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2010 at 9:18am
Dear Count, so glad to hear that your daughter is doing wonderfully.  I cannot imagine going through chemo while pregnant.  I wish you and your daughter and family only the best that life can bring. 

Dear Newalex, I did not have chemo in 2004 - only lumpectomy and radiation.  But mets to the chest wall in 2007 and then I did have chemo.  Let me know if you need additional information and I will gladly post here. 

Don't forget teleconference today at 11:00 central time and then hopefully chat room afterwards. 

Love and hugs,

Lisa B.

Edited by lisab - Apr 15 2010 at 9:20am
Diagnosed June 2004. Lumpectomy and radiation. BRCA2+. PBM w/DIEP Recon March 2005. Mets in chest wall June 2007. Chemo (Gemzar and Carboplatin) with radiation completed January 2008 - 5+ years ago.
count65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote count65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2010 at 12:56am
Hi Saskia et al,
I hope your friend who was pregant with cancer found the "Hope for Two" support group, formerly known as Pregnant with Cancer.  I'm a 7 year support person for them.  I only wish I had known about them when I was dx'd while pregnant 9 years ago! 

Update re: my daughters testing....  Many tests were performed and she passed them all with above average placings on a bell curve based on her age!  Wonderful news!  There was one test which had to do with matching cubes to a pattern shown in a book that she was just below the average on the bell curve.

So if anyone is dx'd while pregnant, this data should put your mind at ease regarding the effects Adriamycin and Cytoxan have during the 2nd trimester of pregnancy.  For anyone wondering, Chemotherapy was not an option for me had I been in my 1st trimester since many vital organs are forming.

Cheryl
DCIS,solid type,TNBC
1/10 pos nodes
AC&tax 4ea,35 rad
3 AC when pregnant
BRCA1&2 neg
daughter born 3/3/01
son 3/22/04
asinglerose View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asinglerose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2010 at 1:22am
I was dx in Sept 2008, still here, getting stronger and stronger!
HI NANCY!

Smile Aleida
Aleida
dx 8/22/08, TNBC, IDC,
Lumpectomy/10/6/08 right breast/ 8mm/
clear nodes/ clear margins/ Stage1/ TAXOTERE/CYTOXAN every 3 weeks X4/ 45 RADS!
PRAYING FOR THE BEST!!

bookbaroness View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookbaroness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2010 at 9:48am
Linda and Ladies,
A friend of a friend (and now my friend) is a 25 year survivor of tnbc. She was diagnosed type IIb Grade 3, with 6 positive nodes and has been NED since...
She has been my inspiration....it can be done.

diane

dx 3/09,lumpectomy 4/09, margin & axil nodes 5/09, stg IIa,grade 3.ACT/avastin done 10/29, rads started 11/30, 12/09 recur vs missed initially. 1/10 bilat mast, rads done 4/10, zometa q3mos now
lisab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2010 at 9:57am
Aleida and Diane, such wonderful news.  Congratulations to both of you and to your frienda Diane.  These stories are truly inspiring and bring so much hope to all of us. 

Love and hugs,

Lisa B.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic