FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wigs and Eyebrows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yjennings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yjennings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wigs and Eyebrows
    Posted: Nov 01 2008 at 6:39am
Ladies

Here's some information I found about where to buy wigs and eyebrows

I bought a full lace wig which is the type that Beyonce, Tyra Banks, Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton and TONS of other superstars where.  They get glued to the entire circumference of your head to prevent movement and blends into your skin for a natural look.  The lace allows you to part your hair in any direction and the full lace ones allow you to where it in a high pony tail.  The also include baby hairs around the edges to create an even more natural look.  They make them for every race and nationality, different colors and textures. They are 100% human hair and can be washed, colored, permed, etc just like your own hair.  You can actually swim with it on.  Now they are expensive but my insurance company covered mine.

Use a search engine and search under In stock full lace wigs (if you want it quickly) or just full lace wigs if you want one custom made.  I ordered mine yesterday and got it today

www.mslola.com (Stock wig named Ahri but getting it colored and cut to look like Macy)

Edited by yjennings - Nov 01 2008 at 6:41am
38 yrs old dx 10/08
1.2 cm, Stage 1, Grade 3, IDC
neg node, lumpectomy
AC x 4
Taxol X 4 did 3 of 4 (canx last treatment due to neuropathy)
Radiation: 35
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2008 at 10:20am
Thank you!

Those wigs really sound very nice!
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
sos1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sos1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2009 at 3:39pm
Thanx babe for that info on wigs etc. I think I'm similar to u w/tumor size/neg nodes but had a bilateral mast.  Starting my chemo this week!!! Yikes. How was ur first chemo? How did u feel ? What are u taking for nasua? Sorry so many quest. I'm also part of avastin blind study. sos1
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2009 at 4:03pm
Hi sos1,

I just wanted to jump in and say hello and I hope your treatments go smoothly.  We hope you'll keep us updated on how you are doing and feel free to ask any questions.

Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
Diamond2Wheels View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diamond2Wheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 1:18pm
I lost my locks and every single hair with chemo but Between wigs and the eyelash extensions I don't know what I'd look like!  I love flirting with my eyelashes they are so luxurious and long just like when I was 20 (two years ago!  lol) My eyebrows...I just bought the forms at sephoria and penciled them in!  Hey if Ru Paul can look gorgeous, so can I!!! lol  Hugs of Love, Tia
Tia-dx 2/14/2006
5/4/2010-L Mastectomy & Pectoral muscle removed & lymph nodes - had
Gemzar, A/C, Taxotere, Navelbine, Xeloda, Doxil On PARP clinical trial at moment.
sos1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sos1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 1:55pm
  Heard chewing gum during chemo infusion helps on many levels. Anyone experience this.  I'll stay in touch but unfortunatly already had to postpone chemo  due to repritory infection.
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 3:10pm
Hello sos1,

I sure hope you get over the respiratory infection quickly.

Best wishes,
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
yjennings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yjennings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2009 at 5:40pm

Hi ladies

Everything is going ok for me, I finished my 4 rounds of AC and had my second round of Taxol today.  Still taking the Neupogen shots, but my labs have been pretty good so I'm down to 4 shots after each session now.  Taxol hasn't been too bad, body pain for about 2 days, had one bad day of itching and another of constipation but overall, no nausea and more energy than AC.  My nails have a little discoloration but they're holding on, I keep clear polish on them. My hands have darkened quite a bit but my oncologist says that it will change back after treatments.  I'm starting to get a little fuzz on my head, my husband says it's not that much, but I feel a difference.  The wig has definitely helped with the cold weather here in OK.  I also like to take a break from wearing it too, I've gotten use to the bald look and so has everyone else, they actually like it better.  

My oncologist says that he has given me an overall progress grade of an A+, he says everything is going remarkable.  Since I don't have much of an appetite, I drink V8 Fusion (not the tomato drink) as well as Fuze, which has a lot of vitamins and actually tastes really good. I'm military so I still work everyday and it helps being around supportive people everyday instead of laying in bed at home wondering "why me".  Well that's all for now. I hope this post finds everyone doing well and staying strong. 
38 yrs old dx 10/08
1.2 cm, Stage 1, Grade 3, IDC
neg node, lumpectomy
AC x 4
Taxol X 4 did 3 of 4 (canx last treatment due to neuropathy)
Radiation: 35
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2009 at 5:57pm
Evening yjennings,

Good to see that you are doing so well. Wonderful that your onc is grading youWink A+ is at the top and that is a good thing.

My husband is a retired Master Sergeant E8, and I think it is great that you are still able to work. Are they treating you well? There was one gal on another BC site who was not treated well at all by her commander.

I bet that your head would get really cold without the wig, but Lori also went "topless' in the house. The wig gave her headaches. Have you tried using Vicks or tea tree oil on your nails? They do say that helps.

It sure does help being around supportive people...of course that should follow through for the rest of your lifeBig%20smile 

Please check back in and give us an update whenever you feel like talking.

Many hugs....and stay warm....as we are doing here in Altoona,PA
Nancy
Nancy
DD Lori dx TNBC June 13,2007
Lumpectomy due to incorrect dx of a cyst
mastectomy July 6 2007
chemo ACT all 3 every 3 weeks 6 tx Aug-Nov
28 rads ended Jan 2008
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2009 at 7:19am
Hi yjennings, it is so good to hear how you are doing and evidently you have been handling things pretty good.  Also very good news for you I'm sure that you are almost finished!

That little bit of fuzz you feel on your head is a big deal, we all know that but husbands don't realize what a big step that is for us.

From a fellow dwellor of OK I hope your recovery is quick and smooth.
The weather here is cold one day and nice the next so yes at this point I'd keep that wig handy.

I would really appreciate when you have the time if you would PM me and tell me who you are seeing as an Oncologist and how happy you are with everything.  I am in search of a new Onc in Ok and would love to hear any feedback I can find, thanks!
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2009 at 7:22am
Oh and yjennings, thank you for serving our country!

Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
sos1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sos1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2009 at 2:50am
Just wondering if anyone else has the herpes 1 virus. Affects my lip when I get stressed & low immune. Should I expect this from chemo & what if anything has Dr. precribed for you either before or during chemo? I'm going to look tough enough already without sores all over my lips!!
yjennings we are proud & grateful for what you do for all of us.. Thanx
trip2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trip2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2009 at 4:34pm
Hi sos1,

I am sorry I cannot answer your questions.  Hopefully someone will jump in soon with information.

I would certainly bring it up with your Oncologist ans ask them.
Stage 2 2003
Stage 1 2007
BRCA 1+
Nancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2009 at 7:35pm
Sos1

I cannot tell you whether the chemo will affect this herpes 1 virus...but what I can tell you is that our youngest daughter also has this. She has a prescription for Valtrex and she takes it at the very first sign of a break-out. As you know, you get the little sharp pains...almost like an electrical shock, and that is when she knows to start taking the pills immediately. She has been under alot of stress in the past few years, and gets them often. You should definitely ask your oncologist if you can take Valtrex.

Here is a link for the side effects for Valtrex.

Hope this helps.
Hugs,
Nancy
Nancy
DD Lori dx TNBC June 13,2007
Lumpectomy due to incorrect dx of a cyst
mastectomy July 6 2007
chemo ACT all 3 every 3 weeks 6 tx Aug-Nov
28 rads ended Jan 2008
susanb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susanb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2009 at 10:51pm
I have herpes 1 and also went through 4 rounds of AC. My onco gave me a script for acyclovair to take on an as needed basis. You'll be fine (as fine as one can be through chemo), just talk to your onco and they can give you a script.

SusanB
dx 2006 age 46, stage 1, grade 3, neg nodes, bilateral mast, total hysterectomy
sabby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2012 at 5:54am
Wearing glueless lace front wigs that has many advantages
First, very realistic, very good decorative effect;
Second, the wig easy to comb, hair can be changed within a very short time, without employing the help;
Can try a variety of hair design, costume different fashion, and increasingly by the people's favor.
sabby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2012 at 11:28am
To grasp the tips to buy silk top full lace wigs, expert advice, to buy a wig, be sure to try them on personally trying on different head shape and face shape, and probably visual, there will be a great difference. Try on when to pay attention to the bun whether docile if the design is bad, the hair against posts, looks like a hat, it is not beautiful.
Use, cleaning and maintenance of effort is not the province, correct or proper maintenance may be extended wig life.
Wigs take home as much as possible the wig on a false head or a jar, do not it is free to put, or easily deformed. Cleaning frequency of visual air temperature, air quality and an individual's perspiration. If the weather is hot, so wear two or three days, it must be cleaned.
sabby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2012 at 8:28am
1 glueless lace front wigs cleaning preparation: steel comb, wash basins, shampoo, dry towel, warm water (not hot is appropriate) wig care solution;
2 a small amount of warm water + amount of shampoo is the full mix, leave payment into the water for 10 minutes, gently rubbing the internal network;
3 Cleaning which do not rub the hair location, action to light. Do not squeeze and rub;
4 Use water to clean with a dry towel to drain water to prevent well-ventilated place to dry naturally away from direct sunlight;
5 dried glueless lace front wigs care solution for comprehensive care, Dali after dried.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic