FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to begin?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to begin?
    Posted: Feb 21 2023 at 9:25pm
Hi all,

Earlier today I was diagnosed TNBC, Stage 3.  Not sure about lymph node involvement just yet.  I am 50yo and will be starting chemo soon.  I had genomic testing bloodwork done along with basic labs to make sure my kidney function was ok before all the testing.  MRI, CT, bone density...  My head is spinning.  Being a nurse, I already had an understanding of breast cancer but why TNBC?  Why not ER+?  I guess it’s all 110% or nothing for me.  Sorry for the bad jokes.  I have to keep my sense of humor and a positive outlook.

I guess I drew the short straw but I am a fighter and I WILL BEAT THIS!  (Yes I’m still trying to convince myself).  

So many emotions...anger, sadness, anxiety.  I am sorry for anyone going through this with me but I’m here for you.  Know you are never alone.

My best to all fighting,
Tiffany 
Wendjc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2023 at 10:15pm
Hi Tiffany,
I’ve also just been diagnosed with TNBC (on the 22nd). Im 51yrs old and an ex nurse! 
There was a lump found on my routine mammogram in December, it was biopsied and then I had a lumpectomy and as lymph nodes were biopsied the the OR, and found to be positive I had them removed. Initially I was relieved when only 2 lymph nodes were involved but that very quickly changed to shock when I learned that it was TNBC.
Like you I’m feeling really unlucky.
I’ll be having some extra investigations next week and then I’ll start chemo the following week. 
Im hoping I’m strong enough to fight it but the thought of chemo really worries me. 
My husband is devastated, do you have a partner, if so how are they coping?
It sounds as if we are on similar journeys, maybe we can support each other and share information?
Sending love and strength to you and everybody else on this journey 💙
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2023 at 9:27am
Hi Wendy,

I am so sorry but know I am here for you. I am a research nurse so I’ve done way too much reading and needed to stop.  My doctor has me starting chemo prior to surgery. I have a CT scheduled today, breast MRI next week and a NM bone scan the week after.  I pray they are all negative.  

Have you had any scans or imaging done?  Is that next week?  WE will get through chemo.  I’m not happy about losing my hair but at least we won’t have to shave for a whileSmile

My husband is beside himself with worry.  I’m glad you have support.  I will share as much as I have and know I’m here for you, always!

Be well my new friend and we will get through this!!
Dx: Feb 2023 TNBC, Grade 3, Stage IIB. BRCA 2+ TCx6 treatments, completed 29JUN2023. BL mastectomy 17AUG2023.
Wendjc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2023 at 12:44pm
Thank you so much for your reply Tiffany, 

I am confused as to the order of things being done. It seems to vary a lot. But I guess it’s probably better to not get into that too much as it could become quite worrisome as to why certain things are done at different times. Plus, it’s a bit late now as the op is done!
I had a breast MRI not long after the biopsy and before surgery and I’ll have a PET scan next week. I’ve actually still got my drain in from the op but once it’s out and bloods checked they’ll start the chemo.
I should say that I’m living and getting my treatment in Hong Kong (British expat) so perhaps that’s why things are quite different.
Good luck with your scans, I thought the MRI was a challenge but little did I know what was to come!
I’m also happy that you have  your loved one to help you through this. How people do this on their own I don’t know. Has your husband also got people he can talk to, support groups?
Take care of yourself, look forward to hearing from you x
Wendjc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2023 at 6:05am
Tiffany
I hope you’re doing okay?
How did your scan go ?
Hope it went well x
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2023 at 8:29am
Hi Wendjc,

How are you?  I am well thanks.  Thank GOD my breast imaging was negative, bone scans looked good.  Liver MRI on Monday then meet with my team on Wednesday 08MAR to confirm the plan.  I did find out I have the BRCA 2 mutation so that will change things for my surgical plan most likely.  Did you have any genetic testing done?

How are you?  Yes things seem to differ based on your team but that is ok.  How was the PET scan?  How is your drain?  Being in Hong Kong sounds amazing!  How long have you been there?  

Thank you, yes my hubby has support.  I feel horrible for anyone who has to go through anything alone!  You have support and love around, correct?  I sure pray you have a ton!!

I will keep you updated, apologies for the late reply.  I’m anxious to start chemo and get going!  

Have a great wknd and sending love and positivity,
Tiffany
Dx: Feb 2023 TNBC, Grade 3, Stage IIB. BRCA 2+ TCx6 treatments, completed 29JUN2023. BL mastectomy 17AUG2023.
Wendjc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2023 at 8:36pm
Hi Tiffany,
Great news about your breast imaging, that must be a relief. Does that mean it’s not in your lymph nodes ? I hope so.

There isn’t the same ‘team approach’ here which does add even more stress to it. I think that’s how I ended up with surgery first. I didn’t actually know that I was triple negative until after the surgery and then I saw the oncologist. A lot of oncologists and surgeons work independently in private medicine and our insurance only covers certain drs and certain hospitals so it’s a bit of a minefield. I actually had my second appointment with an oncologist last week and came out really upset by her. She was just rude and not at all reassuring. I knew that she wasn’t someone that I could feel comfortable with over the coming months of chemo so we arranged to see a different one. He was much more organised and had a better clinic set up for the chemo journey. He did some genetic testing and organised a few other things that she still hadn’t done ie. PET, it’s next week. I’ll also have a port put in next week or so for the chemo, hopefully to start chemo the following week. I’m keen to get going but also apprehensive as to what’s to come.

Hong Kong is great but where we live is out in the countryside so I guess we could be anywhere really! Big city is around an hours drive away. Whereabouts are you?
Do you have children? Will you still be working whilst having chemo?

Hope you enjoy your weekend 
Take care and best of luck next week x
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2023 at 10:00pm
Hi Wendy,

Yes the negative breast MRI showed no lymph node involvement.  Sentinel nodes are a different story but that will be determined after surgery.

I am so sorry about that first oncologist being rude.  I’m so happy that you found a better Md for you and your care.  Have you had any other imaging, I know you said you have a PET scan scheduled next week.  Did you have any lumps nodes tested when you had your lumpectomy?

My team is great, I am very lucky.  Genetic testing will give you more info, I unfortunately have the BRCA2 mutation we will see what my team recommends on Wednesday.  

I agree with you, I’m ready to start chemo and get rid of this cancer!  I am going to try to stay as active as I can and yes I plan to continue working while in treatment.  What abou you?  What do you like to do for fun or relaxing?

Hong Kong countryside sounds devine!  I am in New Jersey (East Coast), USA. I do not have biological children but I adore my stepson.  I say I did not give birth to him but he is my boy, even if he is now 20 😀.  Do you have any children?  I just want you to be surrounded by love and positivity!

I’m not sure of the time difference but enjoy the rest of your wknd and please keep me posted!

Hugs,
Tiffany
Wendjc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2023 at 10:43pm
Hi Tiffany,

They biopsied my lymph nodes during surgery and removed them as 2 were positive. 
Hopefully there’s no further spread elsewhere.
I haven’t got children but my husband has two girls. They are in their twenties and live with their Mum in the Uk. We haven’t seen them a lot over past few years because of covid. We were hoping to spend more time with them this year but now this! Hopefully they will get over to HK to see us.
I don’t work now which at least gives me time to get the cancer treated, it must be difficult juggling everything around appointments.
I enjoy hiking, the beach which is just beside us, I have a Pilates reformer at home and I go to classes also. More than anything I love spending time with our dogs. We’ve got eight! 6 French bulldogs and two big mix dogs. Around half are rescue pups.
Have a great week
I hope everything goes well
Take care
Big hugs 🤗 

Brynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2023 at 8:50am
Hello Tiffany and Wendy! So glad I looked again for a forum such as this. I am currently in treatment for TNBC and will have my last chemo treatment next Thursday, March 16th. I have not as surgery yet because for me my tumors were to large and they wanted to shrink them with the chemo to limit the amount of lymph nodes that are removed as well as give me the choice of a lumpectomy instead of mastectomy. Here is what I’ve gone through and I hope it helps you both;
I am 52 years old, from NJ, now live in New Hampshire but have relocated temporarily to NYC for treatment. 
My 48 yo sister was diagnosed with Estrogen+ breast cancer in September so I went to my new doctor with concern, no symptoms that I could connect to BC, (however had been feeling fatigue for a while which my regular doctors blew off )and she said it put me in high risk group so she scheduled me for an MRI. By the time I drove the 15 minutes home after the mri I received a call from her, and it was in my portal. Positive for cancer. I was floored because how is it possible that both my sister and me at the same time??? 
I was then scheduled for a biopsy of the right breast and sentinel lymph node. The radiologist who did the biopsy said a mammogram would never have picked it up as my breasts were too dense. Even if he went back to my last mammo he may not see it. Crazy. I’ve never been told I have dense breasts. Maybe new? 
The biopsy confirmed TNBC grade 3 meaning very aggressive growing cells. In my sentinel lymph node as well. 
So, I scheduled an appointment with one of the doctors I had gone to with my sister a few weeks prior in NYC. They ended up doing their own MRI and a pet scan. I also insisted a few weeks later on having a CT scan of my brain because I frequently get headaches and I was scared. I don’t know why they don’t do a pet scan of the entire body, as TNBC can metastasize to any bone from what I understand. 
Saw the surgeon and an oncologist she likes to work with 3 days later- when I could be fit in. We (my husband and I) stayed at a hotel for those days. It was very stressful waiting for pet scan results and waiting to meet with the oncologist. 
The oncologist was great. He said I have an aggressive cancer. He wouldn’t really know the specific stage until the biopsies from surgery were done but said probably Stage II. He spoke to me about a NEW therapy that the FDA has approved for TNBC which is immunotherapy (Keytruda) and recommended a course of treatment including that which showed eradicating the cancer by 40% for some people. Sign me up!
So my course of treatment started November 8th and was as follows;
Treatment EVERY WEEK (Thursdays) FOR 12 WEEKS,  with Carboplatin and Paclitaxil (Taxol), adding in the Keytruda every Third treatment (nurses call Keytruda Pembro- generic name) 

Paclitaxel, Carboplatin and Keytruda the first treatment. Along with Benadryl, steroids and anti nausea meds, all intravenously, no port because they want to use regular IV which can avoid potential infection of ports. Most women I’ve spoken to have the port. I really don’t know if there’s too much of a difference. 

At the beginning of these treatments I cut my hair short, I cried a lot. A lot! My husband is focused on positivity to the point where I get mad at him that he’s not as upset as me. But he’s just not like that. He needs to be focused and busy otherwise he would probably freak out. I have 4 daughters, ages 28, 26, 23, and 20. They are all very busy working and in school which is good- no time to wallow in misery with me! They are always checking in on me though and have been lovely. 

I did not lose a lot of hair during those treatments. I’d say about half. It was thin. And my husband buzzed it shorter, even after my cute pixie cut. I asked him to because I really didn’t want tufts to be falling out all over the place. And after all those treatments I thought wow I didn’t even have to cut my hair! But no…the next course of treatments rapidly changed that! 
I was also never nauseous during those first 12 weeks, kept going out with friends and family, to dinner and lunch etc. Did have a much diminished level of energy as well but nothing horrible. My worst symptoms turned out to be hot flashes and night sweats and insomnia. Very bad insomnia. I have tried everything to counter it, including cannabis gummies recommend by my oncologist, ambien, Xanax, and magnesium. So far Xanax and magnesium are the best for me and get me about 4 hours at night. The night sweats are horrible, causing me to have to change my pajamas up to 3 times a night. This happens immediately following the treatments for several days. From what I understand it’s more from the steroids but also can be from the chemo throwing me into immediate menopause. Fun. 

*For the Paclitaxil (Taxol) treatment they gave me the option of the cooling helmet to preserve my hair, but it only works for people 40% of the time so I declined. I did do the icing of the hands and feet, which wasn’t comfortable but doable for an hour and a half each week. I had my husband do things for me if needed and the nurses are also very accommodating- get warm blankets and tea and crackers etc. 

After the 12th week they switched me to a new and more side effect ridden therapy of AC chemo meds, every other week. I have had 3 treatments and will be having my last next week, thank God. My oncologist said that he thought I would handle these treatments well because of how well I handled the other (Carboplatin is known to be tough on people) but sometimes I think he’s soooo positive towards his patients for the reason of not wanting to scare them. 
This past treatment hit me harder. Two days post treatment, some nausea, very very low energy.  I didn’t leave my bed/ couch for 3 days. In my case symptoms take a couple of days to actually hit, because they send me home with more anti nausea meds and steroids. (Steroids have their own symptoms) So I kind of plan for the 3rd day-5th day to be on the couch watching TV. 
I’m nervous about next week, but also happy to be almost done. I have a mammo and MRI the week after and appointments with the breast surgeon and the plastic surgeon. I am planning on a double mastectomy with Deip flap reconstruction at the same time. Long surgery, 6 week recovery. No implants. I have learned that implants need to be replaced approximately every 10 years. Not doing that at 62, 72 and 82….if I survive this! 

I’m sure I left some stuff out. Please don’t hesitate to respond and via private message. We can exchange email addresses if you want. Or cell numbers- I have had a couple other women who have gone through this prior to me, that friends have put me in touch with who have helped me tremendously. They have each had different experiences as well, as far as surgery timing and type of treatment. 
One thing I will also say is that I’m not a religious person, however am a spiritual person. I don’t go to church but I talk to God a lot. And most of the women I’ve been talking to have a strong connection to God, that was somewhat or fully there prior to their diagnosis, which is interesting to me. 

Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2023 at 2:01pm
Hi Wendy,

How are you?  It sounds like you have a wonderful husband and family!  I do hope the girls can visit you soon.  Are they in University?

I am very lucky my team is extremely accommodating when it comes to my appointments, which has been such a relief!  Hiking and a beach nearby sounds like heaven!  Please continue to do the things you love during treatment. 

Oh my gosh, 8 dogs?  That is fantastic!  So many doggie kisses!  We have two rescue Chihuahuas (brother and sister) and we love them to death!

Good news, all my imaging was negative and chemo starts on Thursday, March 16th.  6 treatments of Taxol and Cyclophosphamide once every three weeks so not too bad.  I’m planning to have my head shaved in a week or so.  I’d rather that then clumps fall out.

Please let me know how you are doing when you can!

Hugs and love,
Tiffany

Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2023 at 2:16pm
Hi Brynn,

I’m sorry you too have this horrible diagnosis but I’m glad you are here!  I’m excited for you that your treatment is ending soon.  My chemo journey is beginning March 16th.  TC for 6 treatments in 16 weeks.  

I can’t believe how fast you got the call after your MRI and you and your sister are going through this together.  Do you live near one another?  I am happy you have the support of your husband and daughters. 

Did you do any genetic testing?  I too am planning for a double mastectomy with immediate DIEP flap reconstruction.  I’m not happy about the long recovery but I too do not want implants.  I have not met with the plastic surgeon yet...I have a little time yet. I’m planning to shave my head in about a week. I do not want to see clumps everywhere.  It will grow back, I’m sure.  So will my eyebrows :). 

Thank you for sharing your important journey with Wendy and I.  We are all at different stages but it feels awesome to support each other during this stinky time.  We WILL ALL beat this and will help others in the process.

All my best,
Tiffany
Wendjc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2023 at 4:54pm
Hi Bryan and Tiffany,

All such different stories, thank you for sharing and so sorry that we’ve all ended up with the most ‘unlucky’ type of breast cancel. Sort of typical for me to be honest, never very lucky!
 Glad to hear everything is going well for you both. I also had many scans last few weeks, all clear thankfully. I also had a portacath put in as they  can only use one arm for chemo and bloods having had the surgery already,
 So Tiffany, I also will start chemo on the 16th! I’ll be having every 3 weeks also, for 12 weeks and then another cocktail, which I can’t quite remember the name of.
 I’ve had my eyebrow’s tatood in preparation, I also bought some cute, colourful turbans and scarves. Once the clumps start I’ll shave it off. My hair isn’t currently too long, blonde Bob, how about you? Icing fingers etc hasn’t been mentioned to me, how about you? It’s seems so different  here, they are just not as experienced at dealing with it I suppose. Hopefully it’ll all work out 🤞
Good luck with 16th, keep us posted
Big hugs to you both and tummy rubs to ur doggies 🐶 
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2023 at 9:17pm
Hi Wendy,

Oh my gosh...you start the 16th too?!?  WOW!  Another step we will conquer together!  I thought about getting my eyebrows tattooed but I decided to do stencils instead.  Did the tattoo hurt?  I’ve never had any tattoos and cannot imagine a tattoo needle so close to my eyes.  You are a amazing Wendy!

My hair is brown and almost to my shoulders.  I am not looking forward to losing it but I too got scarves and my husband bought me a cute baseball cap.  I asked about the cooling cap and icing my extremities to avoid neuropathy but my oncologist suggested against it.  We want the chemo to do it’s job of killing any cancer cells and I don’t want any chances of any being left behind because of vasoconstriction with the icing.  Are you icing during treatment?

Have you planned on taking anything to your treatments?  I have a chemo bag started with ginger chews, warm socks, blanket, reading material, tablet, and I plan on taking lots of snacks, water and tea.  Have you heard of any good suggestions for what to bring to chemo?  The first treatment I’m guessing will be 6-8 hours.  Good luck my friend, and please let me know how you do!

Cheers~
Tiffany
Wendjc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2023 at 11:25pm
Yes, we start chemo the same day! It’ll be so helpful to share how we are feeling.
The eyebrow tatoo is a little bit painful but they put numbing cream on so it’s tolerable. I’ve got a few other tattoos so I knew what to expect.
My chemo bag sounds much the same as yours plus I’ll need to wear a face mask in the clinic as it’s still mandatory. I’ll also take lip balm, hand cream and antiseptic hand gel.
It’s like packing for a holiday that you don’t want to go on!
Are you doing immunotherapy? They’ve offered it to me but I’m hesitant as it’ll use every last penny of our savings plus more and I’m not sure it’s worth it in my situation. Although I’m not sure I fully understand it 🤔 
Another recommendation you may or may not know about is oral 7 toothpaste, mouth gel and mouthwash with a soft toothbrush. A friend of mine found the brand the most beneficial for her sore mouth during her chemo. I managed To find some here but I did see it (without hk shipping) on US Amazon.
Good luck tomorrow, I think with the time difference mine will be done before yours starts! Let me know how you go.
Big hugs and strength 💕
Brynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2023 at 6:11am
This is great that you both start the same day. You will be able to support each other so easily. 
Answers to your questions: my sister lives a couple hours away from me, but we talk all the time. Her type of bc is different than mine- DCIS Estrogen +(another strange aspect about it) and she did not need chemo. She has a double mastectomy already and reconstruction is in a few months. She’s getting implants. She didn’t want a long recovery and she’s young - 48, so implants make more sense I guess. 
We both had the genetic testing which was negative for the 9 markers they look for. I also entered into a study which tests for many more markers, all showing negative. However in my family there is a high incidence of cancer, specifically prostate and bladder, which the geneticist says could be related to breast cancer as well, the scientists just don’t know exactly how yet. 
The soft toothbrush and mild toothpaste are a must. A mouthwash for dry mouth, not minty, will also help, especially with the AC chemo. 
Always have tissues with you- when you lose your hair you lose it everywhere (pubic too!) and inside your nose, so there’s nothing stopping the dripping of a runny nose that happens during chemo (AC more so). 
Best advice I got from women who had already gone through it: HYDRATE! It helps all side effects and helps your digestive system immensely. The chemo affects the mucous membranes of everything in your body and you digestive tract is highly affected. So hydrating keeps everything moving better. Drink about 90-100 oz of water per day. 
AND, this is time for YOU, no one else. If you don’t feel like talking, don’t pick up the phone. You have the prerogative to say no to incessant phone calls and texts. It can be draining. 
All the best tomorrow to you both! It’s not as scary as you might think. The nurses know what they’re doing. They do this all the time. And you’ll handle it all just fine. We are women after all. 
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2023 at 5:28pm
Hi Wendy,  

How did you do today?  I was there for 4 hours and it was fine.  The IV Benadryl was a doozy but otherwise all is well.  We will see how the next few days are.  I was advised to take Claritin post Neulasta to help prevent bone pain.  Have you heard of this?

You have other tattoos?  I am impressed as I have none.  Regarding immunotherapy I am keeping that in my back pocket not doing this now.  TNBC usually responds well to chemo. Thank you for the toothpaste recommendation!  I am rinsing with baking soda and sea salt 4x per day (swish and spit) to help prevent any mouth sores.  I’ve also heard chewing ice chips can help but Im not a fan of this...too cold!  I’ll let you know how it is working.  I put nail strengthener on my nails and am using cuticle oil BID to prevent nail damage.  

Please let me know how you are doing when you can!  Please remind me, how often are your treatments?  Was your husband able to go with you today?  I hope and pray all went well today and you don’t have any bad side effects!

Sending lots of support and hugs~
Tiffany
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2023 at 5:38pm
Hi Brynn,

That is wonderful that you and your sister talk all the time and can support one another!  No genetic mutations...that is AWESOME!  That is great because then you have more options.  

I’ve heard AC is more difficult to manage, I am getting TC x 6 treatments.  Hopefully the side effects will be manageable.  I’m ready!  Yes hydration is such am important factor.  I am in the bathroom all day but that’s ok.  Are you getting Neulasta post treatments?  I was advised to take Claritin to help prevent bone pain.  Have you heard about this?

Thank you so much for sharing all this wonderful information with us.  We really appreciate you!  It wasn’t as bad as it sounds, for sure.  I am happy the 1st one is done so the countdown has begun!

I hope all is well with you and those you love.  Please keep us posted on how you are doing!

Hugs and positivity~
Tiffany 
Wendjc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2023 at 8:04pm
Hi Tiffany & Brynn,

Thank you so much for all of both of your advice, information and support. How are you both feeling, I hope you’re well.

Tiffany, I also am so happy that number 1 is done and so far feel ok. I had a little sleep during treatment, especially after the antihistamine! My total time was around 5 hours, including dr, breaking for a pee, and taxitol running through slower than normal in case of reaction, they’d said that it will usually be a bit quicker. I’ve just googled Neulasta, it’s not something they’ve mentioned here, I’ll ask about it next time.
My frequency of treatment is now weekly taxol for 12 weeks with the taxol/carbopletin every 3 weeks (4x) then the Epirubican (?) and cytoxam (?) every 3 weeks for 12 weeks, I think that’s the tougher cycle, is that correct?

I was relieved to hear what you said about immunotherapy, we were really confused but also felt it might be better to hold off for now, especially as the effectiveness adjuvently isn’t as clear, plus I’ve got rheumatoid arthritis. The doctor didn’t seem as pushy yesterday either, in fact he seemed to back out decision. I feel we’ve made the right decision, that’s the main thing.

Keep us updated as to how you’re doing, same here. As a feel ok today I’m wanting to make the most of it. I’ll do something me light Pilates then go to lunch with my husband while I can 🤞😊

Take care 💕

Wendjc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2023 at 7:54pm
How have you being Tiffany? Not too bad this end, bit delicate on a morning and for the first few days a bit more lethargic than usual but can’t complain really. I’m doing my weekly Taxil Wednesday this week so hopefully it won’t have too much of an effect 🤞
Hope ur ok
Take care x

Edited by Wendjc - Mar 20 2023 at 7:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic