FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2023 at 8:21am
Hi Jeanninem1,

WOW, 3 treatments down...you ROCK!  Thank you for sharing so much information.  I have one MRI left on Monday, seeing my team 08MAR to confirm the plan.  I just found out I’m BRCA 2 positive so that is going to lead to more conversations.  Did you do genetic testing?  Immunotherapy has come so far! I know I will be doing neoadjuvent chemo, surgery and depending upon if I do lumpectomy then radiation will be needed.   

How are you feeling?  I am so happy to know your spirits are high and you are doing it!  

Have a great wknd and I’m sending love and positivity your way!

Best,
Tiffany 
Dx: Feb 2023 TNBC, Grade 3, Stage IIB. BRCA 2+ TCx6 treatments, completed 29JUN2023. BL mastectomy 17AUG2023.
Jeanninem1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanninem1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2023 at 9:18am
Hi Tiffany,

With all the new developments with chemotherapy, doctors, researchers and scientists are really working hard to minimize the side affects of the medications being used to treat cancer. They’ve come a really long way. However, like what has been mentioned before everyone’s experience will be different. Yes, I did a complete genetic test analysis and it came back negative for all cancers. It’s a lot to take in for sure but again keeping your mind focused on your goals, taking one step at a time will help you on your journey. Hope you have an awesome weekend as well. Sending lots of love your way! ❤️
hwhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2023 at 6:45pm
Tiffany 
Thanks. You got this! 
hwhite
Wendjc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2023 at 9:26pm
Hi!
You sound as if you’re doing amazing! Well done.
It also sounds like your medical team are very experienced. Unfortunately we don’t seem to have that here in Hong Kong. I’ve had surgery before they even realised that it was triple negative so I’m now about to start chemo. They’ve mentioned immunotherapy but as far as I’m aware there are  no studies regarding adjuvant immunotherapy alongside chemo ( only neoadjuvent)so I’m not sure what to do if it’s suggested. Plus, I’m not sure the insurance will cover the expense.
my chemo plan sounds a similar plan to yours so I hope I’m as strong as you seem!
Again well done, hope you continue to be able to enjoy exercise and strength throughout!
Wendy xx
Tiffany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2023 at 9:45pm
Jeanninem,

I’m so happy your genetic testing came back negative!  You are right, triple negative affecting so many women , and young women especially, are having the medical community do the work.  

Please keep me posted and know I’m here for you,
Hugs,
Tiffany
Dx: Feb 2023 TNBC, Grade 3, Stage IIB. BRCA 2+ TCx6 treatments, completed 29JUN2023. BL mastectomy 17AUG2023.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic