FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

for those in Asia..an outstanding oncologist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: for those in Asia..an outstanding oncologist
    Posted: Jul 15 2022 at 11:34pm
Dear beloved TNBC family, 

I just re-posted a poem I wrote to my daughter almost 20 years ago and one of the women who responded in 2009 was a marvelous lady named Connie who posted as c.g.
At the time she had been posting very actively on this site and helped hundreds if not thousands of women with TNBC. She was a medical librarian by trade and did a lot of research on TNBC that benefitted all of us.

I don't remember, exactly, when I met Connie, in person, but it took awhile for her to agree to see me as she was very private about not revealing her identity. In any event, we finally did meet and I visited her and her husband in their home in Canada. I even remember that we went to the movie "King's Speech" with Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush and we all loved it. Great movie if you can find it playing somewhere.

When we met she told me her story and also shared with me the name of her Breast 
Medical Oncologist who she adored. I was going to a breast cancer conference and Connie told me that her oncologist would be there and she asked me to bring a box of chocolate to the oncologist as a gift from her. And that is how I met her oncologist.

Many years later after Connie passed, the oncologist became the head of the breast clinic at a major Asian cancer center. 

I know it may be unlikely that someone has a need for a wonderful oncologist in Asia but stranger things have happened on this board and I wanted to let you all know that I may be of help. There is a slight catch, though. I don't give out an oncologist's name without the person interested signing a waiver and release form from the non-profit I founded. 
The person who wants to see this oncologist just has to sign the form which I will send via email. There are absolutely no charges involved not do I personally or my non-profit ever accept monies from any physicians or cancer centers for referrals. 

But I don't want to just give the physician's name out on the forum and would write to her to let her know someone might contact her and get her permission to do so.

So, yes, it is a bit complicated but I am hoping that this oncologist might be able to help someone in Asia and that would have pleased my lovely friend, Connie, and would make me happy as well.

If anyone is interested or has a dear friend/relative in Asia, please send me a PM or you can send an email to info@sagepatientadvocates.org

with my love to all here,

Steve 

I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic