New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - TNBC 0.4CM (4mm)- Masectomy- No CHEMO per doctor?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TNBC 0.4CM (4mm)- Masectomy- No CHEMO per doctor?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TNBC1221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC1221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TNBC 0.4CM (4mm)- Masectomy- No CHEMO per doctor?
    Posted: Jan 25 2022 at 11:05pm
So age 70ish, TNBC, 0.4 cm (4mm) tumor. CT & MRI clear. Three Lymph nodes clear. I did mastectomy (Left) and lymph nodes biopsy shows no tumor cells. BRACA gene test negative

Per my oncologist, I do not need radiation since it was Mastectomy. Also per the doctor, 0.5 cm is the borderline for Chemo. Per them, I do not need any Chemo.

This is good news but this is coming as a surprise and I am little worried what if this comes back? I would like to connect with other cancer patients with similar outcome and if they had reoccurrence in 5 years or 10 years?

If your tumor was small, what treatment did you undergo if any?

Penny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2022 at 4:01pm
Hi There 

My tumor was .6cm and I had a lumpectomy followed by radiation.  I am at the five year mark with no recurrence, thankfully.  Here's praying you have the same good results.  

Best of luck ~ Penny  
DX IDC, TNBC 12/7/16 (age 55), Stage 1a Grade 2, .6cm, 0/1 nodes, Lumpectomy & node dissection 12/22/16, BRCA1&2 negative 1/23/17 Chemo TC. Chemo completed 3/28/17. 30 RADs completed 6/6/17.

ellevee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellevee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2022 at 11:21am
My tumor was only 3 mm, 0/5 lymph nodes. Due to my younger age (34), my oncologist recommended 4 cycles of chemo every 3 weeks after surgery. I elected for a double mastectomy. He also said if I was 10 years older, he wouldn't have recommended chemo at all following surgery as it wouldn't be necessary.

I'm just now 2 weeks past my last chemo. Labs looked great throughout and I was told 0-5% chance of recurrence, closer to 0%, based on the size of the tumor. Hope this helps!
rickles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2022 at 12:20pm
Your doctor is correct. Based on NCNN guidelines any tumor less than or equal to 0.5 cm does not require any further treatment after surgery. Unless, you had lymph node involvement then you should consider adjuvant chemotherapy.
   My tumor was 2.2 cm so I had surgery, chemo, followed by radiation. Treatments can vary based on the size of the tumor, lymph node involvement, type of surgery, biopsy results, and your age. It is very difficult to compare treatment plans since no two people are alike. It is better to verify that your physician is following national comprehensive cancer network guidelines which should assure you that you are receiving the correct treatment. 
  Wishing you all the best,
   Diane 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic