FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newly diagnosed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
pawwjw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pawwjw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2021 at 4:22pm
Cindy,
Wow! How awesome you had a Complete Pathologic Response! That is great!
I'll be having a conversation 2/22 with my oncologist about Xeloda. My tumor at surgery was 2mm. I've been reading about a low dose of Xeloda for TNBC patients after chemo, surgery, and radiation. Good evidence for lower reoccurrence but not significant enough for survival. Interesting...so we shall see. Anyone have any info on this?
Pam
CMDW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMDW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2021 at 8:13am
Yes, Pam, I am grateful.  I would reply on your oncology team, but doesn’t it seem that if Xeloda is helpful to prevent recurrence that it should also increase likelihood of survival?  I’m sure you are doing your research.

As always, wishing you and others on this site healing and long term survival.  Cindy
66 at diagnosis. 3/2019, AC/T, lumpectomy, 30 radiation. Complete 12/19. IDC, grade 2-3, 4 cores .2-1.5cm, yellow lobulated fibroadipose, stage pT1b, NO
pawwjw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pawwjw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2021 at 8:29pm
Cindy,
Yep...I see my oncologist 2/22. From the research I've done, 83% of those who took Xeloda were still TN free at 5 years and 73% for those who did not take it. Overall survival rate for those who took it was 85% and 81% for those who did not take it. Hard to find info. I'd like to be prepared for my appointment on Monday. If anyone can help, please do.
Hope you all are doing well
Pam
SPH0611 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPH0611 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2021 at 4:49pm
Hi All,
Not sure if this is the correct way to join the conversation but here goes. I’m 64 and was diagnosed on 2/4. Never wanted to be a member of this club. Had a double mastectomy on 3/4. Feel good about that decision. Genetic testing came back negative, thank God! Had reconstructive surgery immediately after mastectomy. Have to say it’s not too bad. Have an appointment with breast surgeon this Thursday to get pathology results. Praying for no node involvement which is what MRI showed. I will have my 1st appointment with oncologist on 3/16. Any suggestions of what to ask? So glad to have found you all. I’m in the DC area. 
Amrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2021 at 6:43pm
I am picking up this conversation because Xeloda was discussed here. I had bilateral mastectomy 2 weeks ago. The pathology indicated that the shrunken tumor could be removed with clear margins and the sentinel node was clear.  However, since I had residual tumor, my oncologist is recommending Xeloda for 6 - 8 cycles.  I am brca1+, which means I should also get ovaries out- that might be done before I start Xeloda. I wanted to know if there are others who have taken Xeloda and what their oncologists are saying about benefits of Xeloda.
thanks,
Amrit
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic