FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IMMU-132 Clinical Trial (sacituzumab govitecan)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mwgans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwgans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IMMU-132 Clinical Trial (sacituzumab govitecan)
    Posted: Aug 16 2021 at 10:47am
Hi Ann - I am so so sorry I am just now seeing your message :(.  My info may be too late now, but here it is.  I went through the clinical trial (sacituzumab govitecan) at Dana Farber with Dr. Winer who was/is awesome.  Dr. Winer really helped me process whether or not I should do the clinical trial - he would not outright advise me to do it because it is research after all, but he was extremely informative, answered all my questions, and quite frankly, I felt like the mere fact that he had presented with the clinical trial as an option was enough to convince me to do it.  I completed the clinical trial in late February, and had surgery on March 17 - a lumpectomy and lymph node excision - I had a PCR which was amazing, but because I had been treated with a research drug, Dr. Winer recommended that I undergo another regimen of standard of care chemo for tnbc which I did and completed on June 17th.  I then went through 4.5 weeks of hypofractionated deep breath inhalation radiation therapy, which I just completed on 8/4.  Lost all my hair along the way - it is now just starting to grow back in - I was so worried about it at the outset, but now realize what a small price it is to pay for still being alive.  I am now in the limbo state of being down with treatment and thinking, now what?  I am very worried about a recurrence since tnbc is that kind of a bugger.  I will see Dr. Winer again in October for my follow up visit, and will see my surgeon, Dr. King, in November at which time I will have my first post-treatment mammogram.  Just keeping my fingers crossed until then.  I do hope you are hanging in there.
Take care,
Mary
Chessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2020 at 5:59pm
Hi MWG,

I'm also new to the Group and glad to have made the connection.

I am seeing oncologist at Dana Farber on Thursday to discuss chemo plan. I got the pathology report on Christmas Eve--right side  pT1aN1a.   Was considering radiation as well, but not sure since 1 node is involved it could be more extensive .  I had mantle field radiation in 2000 for Hodgkins Lymphoma; but not chemo.

Are you doing chemo and the IMMU-132 protocol or only the IMMU-132?  How did you decide to do the trial? Are you comfortable sharing your treatment plan?

Hair loss ...€@#^*#^#*_~. My hair is down to my butt.  Resigned to losing it all. Going to donate to Locks of Love. Did anyone talk to you about the Paxman Cooling Cap.  That has a decent change to reduce hair loss for certain chemos.

Regards,
Ann

mwgans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwgans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2020 at 5:52pm
Thank you so much Cookie54!  A nurse at Dana Farber told me she knows of one patient in my clinical trial who had thinning and not full on hair loss. I kind of wish she hadn't said anything :(
cookie54 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2020 at 5:47pm
Hi, I'm sorry that you find yourself here but glad you found this site that will help you along your journey. So I did not receive the same chemo that you are but figured I would weigh in on the hair loss. My first bout I was on A/C and that is a guaranteed hair loss 2-3 weeks later. So mine started coming out in large clumps so at that point I knew it was a matter of time and just shaved it off. This time I was on Gem/Carbo with Keytruda and they said "hair thinning" most likely. So this year I kinda waited to see what would happen. I was spared this time around and only have thinning.

So I feel like it's up to you and what does the drug cause, hair loss or just thinning? Everyone definitely feels differently about losing their hair. I always told myself that my life was more important than my hair. But I was definitely bummed about it!
I wish you all the best on your clinical trialHug
8/16,IDC,StageIA,Gr3,0/1 nodes ER-PR-HER2-
9/16 BMX,AC
6/20,StageIIIC,Gr3,ER-/PR-HER2-
6/20 Carbo/Gem/pembro
10/20 ALND 5/8 nodes,Rad x25
11/20 thyroid ca
Xeloda2/21
Stage IV 6/22 lung mets

mwgans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwgans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2020 at 5:06pm
Hi TNBC -- I am so grateful for having found this community.  I am a 57 year old white woman diagnosed out of the blue on 11/13/20 with TNBC.  I am otherwise a 100% healthy person.  I felt a lump in October 2020, and you know the story from there.....  I am Stage 2B with one lymph node involved.  My genetic testing has revealed 0 genes.  I am fortunate to live close enough to Dana Farber in Boston, MA where I have chosen to participate in an IMMU-132 clinical trial.  I am wondering if there are any others out there in this community who have been treated with sacituzumab govitecan?  If so, what were your side effects, your outcomes?  I have had extremely mild side effects after just 2 treatments so far.  My hair is starting to fall out -- actually thinning not all out yet.  If you were on this treatment, did your hair thin first and then all fall out?  I am trying to decide if I should just cut and/or shave it all off now, as I am assuming that even if it is just thinning now, as I continue to get treatments, it will likely fall out altogether?  I have very long, thick hair.  Just don't know if I should wait it out and see what happens or go for it and cut/shave it.

Any and all advice and insight will be so very greatly appreciated.

MWG

Edited by mwgans - Dec 26 2020 at 5:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic