FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metabolic issues and TNBC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SynDevRx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SynDevRx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Metabolic issues and TNBC
    Posted: Dec 16 2020 at 5:27pm
Hi, Everyone,
We're a small biotech in Cambridge MA working on treating cancers that are sensitive to metabolic hormones (like insulin). We know a few things about how these hormones, which frequently stem from overweight/obesity and T2D, impact disease progression and what kinds of things can be done to help.
I'm here to listen, learn and share what I can (I'm not an MD and will not provide medical advice) about this topic.
As an opener, here is a research paper from 2012 that gives a great overview of the effect obesity has on TNBC: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijbc/2012/809291/
"...insulin resistance, dyslipidemia, and hypertension are associated with increased incidence of breast cancer across all subtypes. The insulin-leptin-adiponectin axis has been implicated mechanistically in breast cancer tumorigenesis. Specifically, increased leptin and decreased adiponectin levels disrupt homeostatic signaling pathways involved in cell proliferation, survival, cell-cycle regulation, and angiogenesis. Insulin, insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I), and epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) may mediate interactions between these two hormones."
If I can answer any questions or point you in the right (hopefully) direction, I'd be happy to.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic