FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help cannot have chemo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
apala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help cannot have chemo
    Posted: Aug 09 2020 at 4:09pm
Underwent mastectomy of right breast in Dec 2019. Neither surgeon or oncologist told me I had triple negative until the other day. My nodes were clear, tumor borderline stage I / II. Oncologist suggested chemo but could not pursue due to also having kidney disease stage 3a. However, now that I am aware of being TN, I am terrified. I was 70 at diagnosis, now 71. I need advice. If I cannot have chemo, what can I do? Oncologist does bloodwork and physical exams every three or four months. I have been trying to lose weight and am down 20 pounds, with another 40 to go. I cannot find a support group in person and just found this online. Any insights or advice gratefully accepted. My friends are supportive but don't "get" that this is not typical BC. Please, any help out there?
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2020 at 8:21am
Hi Apala,

So glad you found this site.  It is true that TNBC doesn't have targeted therapy like other breast cancers.  Losing weight is a great accomplishment!  Congratulations on the lifestyle changes. 

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

apala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2020 at 4:11pm
thanks for your response. I feel lost and there is nothing else I can do. Trying to get a positive outlook, without much success.
Marymom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2020 at 9:00pm
Apala,
Do not feel lost...you are not alone.  Losing weight, exercise and supplements become our maintenance medicine.  I have heard the Mediterranean diet is good and I follow that...eating very little meat and cheese and I eat within an eight hour window each day. Basically intermittent fasting.  
So, never feel alone and sharing ideas is good for us all! 
Godspeed!  
apala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2020 at 10:03pm
thank you. My sister follows that diet. I will get info from her. Thank you for replying, feeling I was the only one going thru this had me scared.
Plume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2020 at 10:33am
Apala, be patient, give yourself time.  You have had a huge shock and it takes time to absorb and digest the new information.

Be patient and kind to yourself.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic