New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - off topic-my unasked for opinion kids coronavirus
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

off topic-my unasked for opinion kids coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: off topic-my unasked for opinion kids coronavirus
    Posted: Jul 31 2020 at 5:25pm
Dear TNBC Foundation family,

As my six children and several of my six grandchildren have told me-It might be best if you asked me if I would like your opinion on something before telling me what you think so with apologies in advance...here are my thoughts on the article below (hope you can pull it up)...if the link doesn't work you can go to washingtonpost.com and enter covid kids camp

https://s2.washingtonpost.com/camp-rw/?trackId=596afafb9bbc0f403f88e6f5&s=5f248574fe1ff65e1171b2da&linknum=1&linktot=53

Many of you are on treatment or finished treatment recently or are about to start treatment. Your immune systems may be/are/or will be compromised which is not a good combo for covid.

I know how hard it is to have kids at home doing distance learning. I have a grandson (age 9) who absolutely hates it...BUT it seems kids can come down with covid and spread it so PLEASE be careful.

Please don't send me nasty PMs about "when I want your advice about this I will write you and in the meantime please be quiet." Smile

with my love to all here,

Steve

p.s. I recently lost someone I was helping to covid and it left a mark on my soul. It just really scares me, especially for those whose systems are already compromised...And when I end with ..."with my love to all here" it is genuine...I know first hand what my family and this community, often, goes through. This post comes from a place of caring not an effort dictating what I think people should do about sending their kids to school. 

Also, my mother was a single mom from the time I was 6 and there were no laptops in 1950 and I don't know what she would have done. She HAD to work. So, I get how difficult this all may be. Just want you wonderful women to stay safe, if possible.

Edited by SagePatientAdvocates - Jul 31 2020 at 5:29pm
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2020 at 7:17pm
Steve,

Your concern and compassion for others is always at the forefront of your posts.  These are scary times and anyone with immune compromised systems has to be especially careful.  I have a friend who was just diagnosed with breast cancer.  I worry about her when she ends up going through chemotherapy.  She also has a young grandchild who visits often. 

Hugs,
Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2020 at 7:33pm
Dear Donna,

Very sorry to hear about your friend. I know you will be supporting her in your caring, intelligent way.

Donna, let's figure out away to have a video get-together to celebrate our ten years posting on TNBC Foundation forum. It will be nice to see you again. I truly admire you for who you are. 

Be well/safe.

with my love to all here,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic