FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tecentriq and complete response

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ditrona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ditrona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tecentriq and complete response
    Posted: May 26 2020 at 1:07pm
My sister in law is PD-L1 positive (10%), and currently on chemo + Tecentriq. According to the doctor she is responding really well to the treatment, and after reading this article (link below) I noticed that 10% of the PD-L1+ patients obtained complete response. Does that mean they actually got rid of the cancer? I guess there is probably a high risk of recurrence again, but that would probably give them some more years? 

Any thoughts? 

123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2020 at 12:50pm
Hi Ditrona,

A complete response usually means there is no evidence of disease (NED).  It’s the best response you can get and hopefully remain NED.  I was on chemo for my recurrence in 2010 and achieved NED after 2 cycles of chemo.  They continued monitoring me with scans and tumor markers.  The scans got further apart and after 5 years, just following p with my oncologist on a yearly basis.

How is your sister doing?  Is she still getting treatment?

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Ditrona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ditrona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2020 at 10:53am
Thank you for the answer:-) She is, and she is responding very well to the treatment. However, she still has a lot of fluid in her lungs, and also around her heart, so she is not doing very well..The doctors don’t really understand why all this fluid is generated, as her tumors are shrinking..They keep draining it, but it just comes back. 
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2020 at 3:14pm
A belated welcome to you, Ditrona. This is a wonderful forum. I have been posting here for the last ten+ years although in recent years I have not been as active.

I am not a medical professional and will not give you medical advice but I am assuming that your sister-in-law has thoracentesis performed to have the fluid removed. I am assuming that the physicians have determined if the fluid shows malignancy? 

If it is, perhaps you can send me a PM and we can discuss further. I  have been having some difficulties receiving PMs so if you don't get a response within a day you can email me at steve@sagepatientadvocates.org

with my love to all here,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic