FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nonconforming TNBC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Neen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nonconforming TNBC
    Posted: May 19 2020 at 3:51pm
   My tumor shrank from 1.3 cm to 1.1 cm, path report stated 60% dead cancer cells 40% live cells left. My lymph nodes are clear. Onc left decision to me about Xeloda because of residual cancer.   After reading about it, decided to go ahead with treatment. Surgeon told me my outlook was  good because tumor was small and nodes clear. I pray for good reaction to Xeloda. After that praying for 5 years NED!!
Would love to hear from anyone who has been on Xeloda.....
Peace
CMDW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMDW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2020 at 4:18pm
Thank you for your reply.  Anything specific you are doing to maintain your health-in addition to the usual things we all try to do?

Did you have a complete pathological response to your chemo treatment?  I did ask my oncologist about Xeloda but he felt it wasn’t warranted in my case as I did have CPR.

Best wishes on your radiation treatments.  I felt fatigue was really the main downside and I still feel it after 5 months of completion.  But it’s a small price to payoff it prevents recurrence.
CMDW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMDW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2020 at 4:12pm
Thank you for your encouraging words.  That is good as advice-stop questioning why.

I have my first mammogram and ultrasound scheduled in less than a month and I know that is producing some anxiety.  I have developed fat necrosis (very shortly after lumpectomy in October) so my breast is very hard and lumpy.  I would never be able to tell if I’ve developed another tumor.

Anything specific you do or don’t do in your efforts to stay healthy-other then the obvious things that we try to do to for good health overall?

Thank you!
Neen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2020 at 4:41pm
I am the mirror of you, CMDW, 66 yr old, loving life then told I have TNBC. Found this website after searching for information on TN.   Stage 1, 1.3cm, no nodes...I have finished a/c, taxol/carbo. Lumpectomy, starting radiation next week, then Xeloda.

I am like Plume...my concern now is doing everything I can to prevent it from coming back. What a journey! This website is full of good info and encouraging testimonies of women who have survived. Time takes care of everything...Peace
Plume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2020 at 5:10am
Like Donna, I believe that there is no "type".  I was 68, healthy weight, Chinese, sportive, one of those full of life and bounce and optimism type and I couldn't relate to any of the usual profiles of TNBC patients I read about.

I think, as someone here has said, you got this illness because you are a woman and you have breasts!  Now I don't care a fig about why and how this came about, only about keeping myself as well and healthy as possible and hoping it won't come back.

Feel much better about everything this way.  The eternal questioning was getting me down and after all I was NOT responsible for giving myself this.

I had the cancer a bit before you and so I have had more time to go through all the soul searching.  With time, I hope that you too will arrive at a place in which you can accept and feel you are over the worst.  
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 6:37pm
I believe far more breast cancers are sporadic instead of genetic. 
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

CMDW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMDW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 2:56pm
Also wanted to add that I do not fit any of the general parameters of TNBC.  I am older-66 at time of diagnosis, Caucasian, and have tested negative for all known cancer genes.  

If anyone is in the same situation, I am interested since we all want to know what triggered our disease (and we never will for the most part).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic