FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Never thought I'd be here....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
COZAZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COZAZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2020 at 11:24am
Will do.  I have an appt with the Mayo Nutritionist on March 25th.  Oncologist said 150 minutes minimum of vigorous exercise a week.  Heart rate up and a sweat...  will let you what im Nutritionist says but Onc said its like Mediterrean with some tweaks...
I am the Storm!
Suebhs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suebhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2020 at 5:16pm
Yep, that's what my oncologist told me as well. Regular exercise vigorous enough to increase heart rate and a Mediterranean type diet. My nutritionist said low fat and plant based. She didn't say to eliminate any particular foods. I've read online that certain foods are associated with an increased risk of tnbc but there's a lot of conflicting information. My nutritionist said there not enough research yet to validate some of the claims but a low-fat plant based diet has the most valid research behind it at preventing breast cancers. Please let us know your nutritionist says!
COZAZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COZAZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2020 at 10:59pm
Will do.. Hope everyone is hanging in there..

I am the Storm!
Suebhs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suebhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2020 at 7:41am
Thank you! I recently read an article that stated weight gain and menopause together drive tnbc. Given that my treatment threw me into menopause and caused me to put on 15 pounds I'm working on taking that weight off. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic