FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Niece fighting to live

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Niece fighting to live
    Posted: Feb 09 2020 at 1:52pm
Your niece's journey is surely one that breaks the heart of everyone here. We focus on Triple Negative breast cancer and so don't have much expertise in the level of anguish and medical needs that she's going through.

I do know that family matters in a situation like you're facing. She needs her family and you need each other. I wish you all strength and much love.
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
Crystal94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crystal94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2020 at 1:20pm
Hello everyone,
Hope that the lord continues to bless all. I wanted to share our story and see if anyone has anything to help me and my family understand. Beforehand I do want to apologize if this may be a long message. My niece crystal was recently diagnosed of cancer stage 4 on christmas day. At the time drs had no idea where it was at or coming from they sent her home first they had diagnosed her with pneumonia. Later she returned to hospital with breathing issues and it was then that they let her know she had stage 4 cancer. After about 2 weeks and no results we ask her to transfer hospital she is now at UIC in Chicago. Here almost immediately they were able to tell her the cancer has spread to brain and is in lungs. A few weeks later at her first oncology appointment the doctor said he doesn't know where cancer has started but was afraid of how quickly it was spreading he mentioned having an idea of possibly having started in breast and he ended up having her admitted. The process seemed to be forever after test and bloodwork her picc line being put in. So this past sunday she received her first chemo session. Mind you her breathing had already been worse and speaking and walking shirt distances even sleeping was hard for her. So they did chemo I cant fully remember names but one was paclitaxel.she mentioned to us one was every week and one ever 3 weeks.she received both that day. Crystal suffers from anxiety and I want to believe on the day of chemo she was just so anxious almost immediately she began to feel hot and seemed confused all this happening yet being funny. They brought her to the ICU unit to better watch and control breathing. At about 3am monday drs decided and spoke with crystal to put in breathing tube. She had been very exhausted and was left so she rested. So Monday we walk in crystal is.fully sedated with tubes down her throat we think the absolute worst.drs explained what had happened. Drs had family meeting explained cancer is in her brain her stomach, breast, chest and lymphatic are in her arms and severely in her lungs one worst than the other. Although she has cancer in these areas they are not spreading. She had a scan in Jan 25th from that day until feb 2nd her cancer was worse in lungs. So she needs oxygen to help her relax and destress she was working hard to breath. Right now crystal is sedated something made her kidneys to not function and they need to release the broken cancer cells and toxins for that they started dialysis. She is being stabilize and we pray and hope the lord hears our prayers so that crystal can pull through.. In the next few days they will lower sedation and oxygen to see if she still reacts if all is good she will get her second treatment on time. Hoping chemo enters her lungs. I basically wanted to share our story and see if there is any surviors out ther that can help us. Should we be asking drs for other alternatives being that she is so sick and it has spread. Forgot to mention bone narrow was done and no cancer. We maintain hope and ask for miracles. I ask for anyone to come forward with any advice or simply prayers for Crystal she is only 25 and had no symptoms or lumps at all this nightmare all began when she was diagnosed with pneumonia.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic