FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What about Alternative/Unconventional Treatment?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Matt.Velez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt.Velez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What about Alternative/Unconventional Treatment?
    Posted: Dec 17 2019 at 2:21pm
I am wondering if anyone has information or has experienced alternative/unconventional treatment outside of the US (i.e. Mexico, Germany, Thailand, Spain, Switzerland, etc.).  I know there are places in Arizona (eg. Envita) that practices non-traditional treatment that incorporates (Vitamin C therapy, Ozone therapy, Hyperthermia, Dendridic Cell Vaccines, and other alternative methods).  They also tend to focus on Detoxification, Emotional/Spiritual, and Nutrition as a way to treat the Whole Body and not just the cancer.  

Though not cheap and out of pocket in most cases, I hear there are many success stories for all types of cancer - but not sure about TNBC. 

Any info???
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2019 at 7:49am
I followed a young woman on FB who was metastatic TNBC.  She was a young mother with children and had traditional treatment and then towards the end sought unconventional treatment in Mexico costing $xxxxx of money per treatment.  Sadly, it did not stop the cancer.
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt.Velez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2019 at 11:12am
Wow. So sad to hear.  I understand that the earlier the treatment the better, but even still... nothing is guaranteed.  Thanks for sharing.  
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2019 at 7:48pm
Matt,

If you are on FB, you can read her story and see what treatments she tried:

Fighting Cancer with Sarah Amento

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt.Velez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2019 at 11:32am
What a Warrior Spirit!!! Even though things turned the way they did, I so appreciate that she did what she felt was best for her situation. She did it her way!
Plume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2019 at 3:40pm
Hi Matt
This was sent to me by a friend who had had 3 cancers himself.  It was the early days after my diagnosis and I was researching different methods of treatment.  You might find this article interesting

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt.Velez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2019 at 10:30am
Plume - thanks for sharing.  Definitely a sad outcome.  What I think gets overlooked when speaking on alternative treatment is that alternative should actually mean “integrative” so that people get the best of both worlds. It is clear that straight chemo is hard physically, emotionally, mentally, etc. but by integrating non-traditional aspects that work to boost the whole body’s immune system through proper nutrition, emotional healing, spiritual practice, and exercise... I think there is a good chance to manage side effects and develop a stronger mindset. With that, I say do both if possible.  It is also known that the later and the more progressive the cancer, the more difficult this becomes, but ultimately I do think there is a place for alternative treatment - especially when doctors give you no other choice but chemo and clinical trials, which often do not work either. 

Edited by Matt.Velez - Dec 20 2019 at 10:34am
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2019 at 11:11pm
Matt,

Check out the long term survivor story link at the bottom.

Originally posted by 123Donna 123Donna wrote:

There is someone who is a patient of Dr. Chue on this forum.  Here's a link to the discussion:

[QUOTE=HopefulToday]I am a patient of Dr Chue's. He is a kind and gentle human being. Please google him and see what others have written. When you speak with him, you will think you are the only patient he has. I can't recommend him enough. I saw 6 oncologists before I went with Dr Chue and Lifespring Cancer Care.

Case report of long-term survival with metastatic triple-negative breast carcinoma

Treatment possibilities for metastatic disease

Edited by 123Donna - Dec 23 2019 at 11:12pm

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic