FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a virus to the rescue?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Plume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a virus to the rescue?
    Posted: Nov 09 2019 at 5:48am
strongtogether View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongtogether Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2019 at 2:09am
That would be so great.
I have also read about a possible vaccine. Does anyone know anything about these two avenues?

Plume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2019 at 12:27pm
Thanks for the article, strongtogether.  I like to think that if enough research were done, someone somewhere will find something that could give us a bit of reassurance.

Goodness knows it's been hard enough having the diagnosis and the treatment without being told "that's it, there is nothing else to give you!"

I must admit that that was when I freaked out, when I realised at the end of radiotherapy that I wouldn't go on to have injections or pills like the other less unfortunate people.

It was the only time in the last 2 years when I felt utter despair and didn't care whether I lived or died.  BUT, I have now fortunately got over that phase!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongtogether Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2019 at 3:02pm
@plume 
Have you considered a clinical trial? 
This one seems reasonable.  It is phase III, which I understand means that it's safe, and it has proven effect. Since standard of care is to do nothing, this would appear to be a good idea. Your thoughts?

Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2019 at 10:28am
21 injections over 2 years, That's a commitment! The challenge would be finding a convenient facility participating in the trial. You wouldn't want to travel great distances 21 times. Especially knowing there's a 50% chance you're receiving a placebo. 
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
Plume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2019 at 2:59pm
Hi strongtogether, I've only just seen your post and I found it very interesting because I have never ever seen the sort of criteria that have to be passed to be included in a clinical trial.

However, I agree with kellyless's remarks.  If I felt "short changed" in anyway about my treatment or if I felt that recurrence was inevitable, then I would go for whatever was on offer, regardless of cost or convenience.

You will be glad to know that I have truly left behind those feelings of despair and the accompanying depression.  Of course, I still think that recurrence is possible at any time and that I need to be vigilant at all times with regards to anything "unusual" happening in my body.  I concentrate these days on keeping myself in good physical and mental condition:  nutrition, excercise, sleep, meditation, etc.  I make sure I keep all my follow-up appointments.

I find it quite satisfying to be able to keep my side of the bargain.  The other side of it is, I guess, in the hands of fate or chance or God or maybe even my doctors!

Marymom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2019 at 4:26pm
After treatment, I was like the Peggy Lee song...Is That All There Is!  I think it is common for us...because we have no maintenance options.  Then I realized I did have options.  Those options were led by none other than me!  I read about supplements, diet, exercise and the faith I have always had...just got stronger.  The words,” Be Still” became my focus.  I was still and listened and learned.  My attitude today...is wow I really came through that.  So, today I see you all, hear you all and celebrate you all!  Now I hear the Helen Reddy song, “ I am Woman Hear me Roar” I guess I changed my tune!  So, on that note...love you all and I pray for all those on this site everyday.  I think sharing on this site is so important...we know we are just downright normal!💙
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongtogether Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2019 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by FullTilt FullTilt wrote:

This is a very exciting result from the first patient in their Phase 2 trial using a monoclonal antibody CCR5 inhibitor (Leronlimab)! If you are interested in getting into this trial call me or email me and I will help. Ryan 785-332-5588 rwshay@hotmail.com 

That's really interesting fulltilt.  I see it is used in the metastatic setting. Are there any plans for trials on M0 patients?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongtogether Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2019 at 11:33pm
I'm not sure I understand. 
The trial is for metastatic cancer. I understand that you have met the doctors and they are excited, but there would need to be a different trial before people who are not Metastatic can join it. 
Is that your personal phone number that you have shared?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic