FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

possible link between tnbc and hypertension?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Plume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: possible link between tnbc and hypertension?
    Posted: Oct 21 2019 at 12:51pm
Thank you, Donna for the interesting article.  I had never heard that the two things could be linked to each other.

I do not have ANY of the predisposing conditions for tnbc but, as Kellyless has said, I got tnbc simply because I am a woman and I have breasts!

Strange thing is, I have never been known to have high blood pressure and now all my Christmases have come at once:  I have tnbc AND hypertension!
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2019 at 7:39am
I found this observational study (a positive association between hypertension and breast cancer incidence among postmenopausal women):

Hypertension and breast cancer risk: a systematic review and meta-analysis

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5357949/
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Plume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2019 at 3:11am
Thought I'd highlight these couple of lines from the article in case anyone misses them:

Not all breast tumors are the same. The study looked for GRK4 in two specific types of breast cancer, known as hormone-sensitive and triple-negative.

"Our conclusion may not be applicable to other types of breast cancer," said Yue.

Plume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2019 at 3:06am
Here is something I didn't know but I was digging around the internet, having been found to have very high blood pressure and now awaiting a medical consultation.

Donna, have you come across this?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic