FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Side effect

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sophie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Side effect
    Posted: Jul 23 2019 at 11:22pm
I have completed AC and doing my weekly T ( it is called nab-paclitaxel (Abraxane) currently. I have completed 6 weeks and taking a break week. What I have experiencing not only weird feeling in my feet but now I feel freezing  both of my legs ... I am not sure if this is the neopsey side effect or something else ... I have been drinking a lot of water daily and taking vatmine  B6 and glutamine 2 a day... 

Any of you have the freezing feeling in your legs ?
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2019 at 8:00am
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2019 at 11:29am
A lot of people feel very cold in general when the anemia kicks in. Some folks say part of what they feel with neuropathy is a cold feeling. The weirdness in your feet is probably nerve related as well I'd think. Your nerves do not like Taxanes!! I'm sorry you've been played by this stuff. Have you been doing the ice baths? 
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
sophie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2019 at 11:00pm
Hi Kelly, yes, I have been doing the ice pad and I think it helps with the neopshy... I have two more cycle left, taking b6 and glutamine, noticed finger nails turns to dark color and I am afraid of further damage and might come off... I drunk a lot of water and hopefully side effects can lower to minimum... thank you ! Sophie
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2019 at 1:20am
The fingernail thing is annoying. I had one finger go dark and a toenail with weird dark streaks. They didn't fall off, and the dark places grew off after chemo. If they do fall off they grow back normally. It's just one more dang thing to bother you tho!

This last time with Carboplatin and Taxol I got a rare side effect - dysphonia. After week 2 my voice went deep and raspy like I was headed to laryngitis. It didn't hurt, felt totally normal, but I sounded really sick. When I quit working and didn't have to talk a!l day it got better, then went away entirely after chemo. Just another lil annoying gift from chemo Wacko
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
sophie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2019 at 8:46pm
one side effect after another ... noticed a bump from the private part and gradually came to the skin surface... very irritated and not sure what to do ... called obgyn who provided antibiotics medicine prevent infection and ask me to share with my Mo... is there any of you out there has this similar situation? I am not even sure if this is related to chemo or not ...  
Lisa s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2019 at 9:45pm
YES!!  I assumed it was from losing hair or maybe they were always there but hidden?  There is not one side effect that would have surprised me.  I had deep voice, ear ringing, eye issues.  All at different times but eventually went away.  
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2019 at 10:25pm
Yep Sophie, the second time. It's probably a sebaceous gland cyst, or a bartholin gland cyst. Annoying!!! Regardless, if it's those or a hair follicle, you need moist heat. Soak a wash rag in hot water, wring it out. Put a towel down and lay/sit on it, apply the hot moist wash rag to the area until it cools off. Do this several times a day and it'll go down and go away in a couple days or so. It's nothing's you don't need the antibiotics, save for when you really do need em. I also got a yeast infection this last time, hadn't had that in decades. If that happens the Dr. calls in a pill - by mouth, not the old cream junk. Then your insurance will pay as well. 
Man, I'd blocked out all this crap. doing it twice I had a _lot_ of $h!t, now that I ponder it. But it's all good now!! Except the menopause, I freaking loathe menopause. 
 sebaceous glands
sophie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2019 at 12:41am
thanks all for your reply. Did you notice any discharge coming out of it and what do you do to keep it dry ?Now I have decided to sleep on a heat pad ...my next treatment is on Monday, shall I cancel  my Monday treatment until this bump goes away or creep Monday treatment ?  I am afraid if any  discharge coming out may cause more infections if continue Monday treatment ... any suggestions?
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2019 at 1:18am
Sophie,

Keep the appointment but let them know about it.  They can decide at the time if it's nothing to worry about or something that may delay treatment.  It could just be a minor thing and you don't want to delay treatment if it's not necessary.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

JudyLynne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudyLynne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2019 at 8:36pm
Had second AC chemo on Tuesday and Thurs/Fri/Sat were just yuck with nausea. Does nausea seem to increase with additional doses?Dead Any suggestions other than prescription meds that help?

Edited by JudyLynne - Oct 19 2019 at 8:38pm
Karen P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2019 at 10:28pm
I have triple negative stage 1 grade 3 cancer- tumor in my breast. It has been removed by lumpectomy and partial mastectomy with 2 lymph nodes removed as well. This all happened within the last 3 months. 

I have just completely 2 rounds of chemo - Taxol and Carbo. Each one landed me in the hospital after 5 days. The chemo dropped my sodium, potassium and magnesium and electrolytes to near death levels. I managed to survive after 4 days in ICU and 4 days in a room the first time. I spent 6 days after the 2nd round in the hospital for same thing but got there when only 1:4 dead. 
Have any of you had any similar experiences? 

My dr now wants to change course with a different chemo  therapy of adriamycin and cytoxan. Am really leery of continuing any more chemo even if only 2 more sessions. 
I am 76   Help 
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2019 at 9:25am
I'm seeing more women with complications from the Carboplatin & Taxol that delay treatment and land them in hospital than we've ever seen with AC!!!! The worst is doing that THEN trying to do AC - the T & C rapes your system so much that attempting AC afterwards is dreadful. One of the ladies I met here tried T + C first, had to skip the C twice, had one treatment delayed a week. Now she's one week after her first AC and her neutrophils are .14 Angry she spent last night in the hospital with a fever. And my second go round, when I couldn't do AC again so I did Taxol with high dose Carboplatin I was dreadully, wretchedly sick. Ended up in hospital with sepsis (the leading cause of death for chemo patients btw) so Karen, my advice is take a lil break of a couple weeks, get your blood numbers stable, then give the AC a try. This has been the standard of care for our disease for a very long time - statistically it works. There's very good, effective long used drugs for the side effects that usually keep you on schedule and out of the hospital (you're queasy but no vomits, neulasta keeps your immune system going).  
{{stepping up on my soapbox, feel free to stop reading}} I'm angry at Merck, the maker for Keytruda the immunotherapy drug that shows promise for us, has ONLY allowed the trial to be Taxol & Carboplatin first, then AC + Keytruda. They did it because with all that freaking chemo they were bound to see good results in the women that could make it thru. But many had and are having a horrific time doing it. They won't be allowing a trial of AC then T + Keytruda before they get it thru and on the open market because they don't want to risk it not performing  as well!!!!! GAHHHH the for profit drug system is the worst!!!!
Karen P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2019 at 10:12am
Thank you for answering me. I am still debating. After 2 near deaths my 76 year old body may not be able to tolerate the AC and it’s side effects. I have too much to live for. We have grandchildren and we love to travel. 
Any more comments about side effects of T C similar to me ne and changing to AC would be appreciated. Near death from Sepsis, very low sodium, potassium and magnesium and out of whack  electrolytes.

I see a new dr in the facility this afternoon. 
Thank you 

Edited by Karen P - Nov 26 2019 at 10:15am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic