FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Am i being under treated?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lauralee4060 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lauralee4060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am i being under treated?
    Posted: Dec 24 2018 at 9:44am
I'm 26, assumed staged 1 at diagnosis due to my pregnancy limiting tests. I am 4 months post baby/8 months post dx. I still haven't recieved a scan or tumor marker blood test. Positive for PALB2 and I originally had 2 tumors and no node involvement but i was grade 3 and tn and 86% ki-67. I had necrosis in both tumors and a high micotic ct.  I had allergic reactions And went to icu during carbo/taxol and during doxirubicin/5flouricil/cesplain. So I've recieve only 2 full treatments before my onco said no more chemo.

I had bilateral mastectomy and no further treatment,  because i think theyre afraid to give me anything. Should i be looking at another openion on my current treatment,  which is now wait and see? I feel like my chances are high for a reacurrence and I'm worried. 

Edited by Lauralee4060 - Dec 24 2018 at 10:13am
Cmacaluso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cmacaluso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2018 at 10:11am
Absolutely get another opinion. Your Grade 3 seems about average for tnbc due to its nasty aggressiveness but no node involvement is huge! You're likely fine but if you are questioning your shortened chemo plan and lack of further scans you absolutely should seek another opinion. I am only 4 weeks in after diagnosis,  receiving 3 different Dr opinions through different hospitals. Always go with your gut. You'd hate to not, then later find out you should have done something differently. Best of luck to you.
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2018 at 1:33pm
I'd consider getting a second opinion, preferably from an NCCN facility.  It never hurts and you'll feel better that you asked your questions.

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic