FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Am i being under treated?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lauralee4060 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lauralee4060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am i being under treated?
    Posted: Dec 24 2018 at 9:37am
I'm 26, assumed staged 1 at diagnosis due to my pregnancy limiting tests. I still haven't recieved a scan or tumor marker blood test.  I had 2 tumors and no node involvement but i was grade 3 and tn and 86% ki-67. I had necrosis in both tumors and a high micotic ct.  I had allergic reactions And went to icu during carbo/taxol and during doxirubicin/5flouricil/cesplain. So I've recieve only 2 full treatments.  I had bilateral mastectomy and no further treatment,  because i think theyre afraid to give me anything. They skipped rads after dbl mastectomy saying they dont think ill need it.  

Should i be looking at another openion on my current treatment,  which is now wait and see? I feel like my chances are high for a reacurrence and I'm worried. 
TKTK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKTK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2019 at 9:59pm
I shared this study that 123Donna had posted on this site with my doctors and they now want me to meet with a radiation oncologist. I'd suggest you do the same.

It points that having a high grade tumor (which is the case for us) and being under 50 (which is again the case for us) this would indicate you have 2 risk factors pointed out in this study that says you might benefit from radiation even after mastectomy.

Edited by TKTK - Jan 17 2019 at 10:00pm
DX 8/27/2018 TN, ki67=72%, 3 nodules lumped together measuring 5cm, 0/1 nodes, AC & Taxol 4 rounds each, RAD51D+, 2/11/2019 BMX with no reconstruction, PCR
Tryingtocope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tryingtocope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2019 at 2:52pm
Sorry I don’t know much about this I was just diagnose hopefully someone can help you .. If not call your insurance and get a list of doctors in your network n go from there.. Wish you strength n luck 🙏🏽
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic