FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NED NED and NED

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MikeW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NED NED and NED
    Posted: Oct 02 2018 at 10:53am
First: Is it me or is this site gotten really really slow. 

My wife's case is very complex. At one point she had 3 different breast cancers at once. In her right breast was a large ER/PR+, 100% estrogen, Grade 1 tumor. Inside that was an ER/PR+ 30% grade 3 tumor. In 9 of her 19 lymph nodes removed was triple negative metaplastic breast cancer. Lifetime AC and radiation got rid of that mess. Some 18 months of various estrogen blockers failed to stop the cancers return. A biopsy was done on a metastasis to her hip which showed it 2% ER/PR+ and the rest TNBC.

She was on capecitabine (Xeloda) for about 18 months and that kept her extensive spinal and hip metastasis in check. Eventually, it stopped altogether. Next, her oncologist tried eribulin (Halaven). He related that it seemed to work well when capecitabine failed. Wow, did it work! He last PET scan from last Friday showed her completely clear of cancer. NED! That was a tough weekend though; waiting for the results.
archanapc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote archanapc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2018 at 12:55pm
Amazing news Mike W. I am so happy for your wife and you. Party Parttyyyy time. 
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2018 at 12:33am
Mike,

Wonderful news!  I hope your wife is NED NED and NED forever!

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Asovey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Asovey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2018 at 1:41pm
FANTASTIC! What wonderful news!
sophie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2019 at 12:08pm
hi mike, reading your notes is very encouraging ! I am newly diagnosed if TN, I live in Philadelphia. Do you mind to share your wife doctor info. ?thanks
JannaNikkola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JannaNikkola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2019 at 5:00am
Wondeful news Mike W. I am so happy for your wife and you. SmileSmileSmile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic