FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

anti-chemo and financially worried

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sandy2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anti-chemo and financially worried
    Posted: Dec 27 2017 at 5:40pm
thanks . I will be read alot about it on this sight. I have financing for the hosp. bill so that part is taken care of. Will contact the social worker there. Thumbs Up
mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2017 at 4:09pm
Hi Sandy, yes there is financial help, yes chemo is successful for Tneg. It's not 100% for every single person but it is effective. I just posted a piece that shows the improvements and successes for Tneg under the TALK forum here.

I worked all the way through my chemo and I am a single head of household as well. I was surprised at how well the oncology teams these days can manage your health while undergoing chemo. I never felt sick (well, I did have a double bacon cheeseburger my first week and wanted to throw up but I have to think that was my fault not the chemos), I lost some energy but then regained it.

Financially, you can go many ways. There is help on this site, then you can go to Komen, Breast Cancer.org and more. To start out finding help you may find there's a 'social worker' in your oncologist's office who is there specifically to help connect you. If you don't have insurance, the social worker can help with that as well.

Mainly, I would encourage you to keep reaching out here, asking all the questions you want, we all know the feeling of being overwhelmed and flat out terrified, so please consider us family and reach out as much as you feel comfortable with.
Mainy

Edited by mainsailset - Dec 27 2017 at 4:10pm
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
sandy2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2017 at 3:01pm
I am new to this site so i would appreciate any advice. I had cancer 24 yr ago when I was 37, had a lumpectomy, radiation alls good. Now found a limp  at 61, had a masectomy and they sent the mass in for further diagnosis. Doctor calls and said it was triple neg bc. Cry So i find this sight and have been reading all the story and such because I have always been anti-chemo.It has help me to understand that there may be a benefit to having it. My husband died of bladder cancer 2 yrs ago, he had chemo. Didn't work. My sister is going though leukemia right now too so I am not looking forward to chemo. I am the head of my household . My daughter and 2 grandkids live with me. I am worried that if I can't work what will i do. Are there any site that help financially? There are a lot of very brave and strong women out there and I am one of those on the out-side anyway. But I know when to ask for help. Blessings to all that are facing this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic