New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Xeloda After Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy and Surgery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xeloda After Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy and Surgery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Elisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2018 at 1:01pm
Hi Ladies
An update! I stopped X after my fourth round as my body simply cannot tolerate chemo. I now have constant, low grade shaking and tinnitus. And of course exhaustion. The neuropathy has stuck around, but honestly that is the least of my worries. Has anyone else experienced shaking? My doc refuses to test for pareneoplastic syndrome, which is what I think it is.
Big hugs from Denmark
Elisa
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2019 at 11:59am
SABCS 2018: Does Adjuvant Capecitabine Improve Outcomes in Early-Stage Triple-Negative Breast Cancer?

Observation:  This was a small study of only 876 patients.
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2022 at 11:30am

EA1131 Trial: Platinum Not Equal to Capecitabine for Residual Disease in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer

In patients with triple-negative breast cancer who have residual disease after neoadjuvant chemotherapy, adjuvant capecitabine remains the standard of care. In the multicenter randomized noninferiority EA1131 trial, which included primarily basal tumors, noninferiority of adjuvant platinum over capecitabine could not be demonstrated, according to Ingrid A. Mayer, MD, MSCI, of Vanderbilt University, Nashville, who presented the findings at the 2021 ASCO Annual Meeting.1

“The available data show that platinum agents are unlikely to be noninferior or superior to capecitabine in improving invasive disease–free survival, regardless of intrinsic subtype,” Dr. Mayer said. “The study definitely reinforces the role of capecitabine in this high-risk group.”

Of note, the 3-year invasive disease–free survival rate was lower than expected, regardless of study treatment: 42% in the platinum arm and 49% in the capecitabine arm. In the CREATE-X trial, which established the value of adjuvant capecitabine for residual disease, the 5-year disease-free survival was 70% with capecitabine and 56% with observation.2

KEY POINTS

• The randomized noninferiority EA1131 trial aimed to determine whether adjuvant treatment with a platinum may be better than capecitabine in patients with early triple-negative breast cancer and residual disease after neoadjuvant therapy.
  • Preclinical models have suggested these tumors may be sensitive to platinum.
  • The study could not demonstrate noninferiority or superiority of the platinum.
  • The 3-year invasive disease–free survival rates were low with either treatment: 42% with platinum and 49% with capecitabine.
  • Capecitabine remains the adjuvant treatment of choice in this population.

DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic