FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arthritis pain at 35??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jen78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arthritis pain at 35??
    Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 4:01pm
Hello ladies, it is a pleasure to join this group, always looking for new ways to connect with my tnbc sisters. I've completed 4 out of 6 treatments. I was wondering if any of you feel like you have arthritis I work in a warehouse and my finger is really hurting. I type alot and don't know if I should be worried or if this is normal with treatment I'm doing carbo/gemsar with a shot the day after each treatment. I'm sure you ladies know all to well the worries that are going through my head....looking foward to hearing from you ladies! 
DX TNBC 6/13,Lumpectomy,Age 35,Stage 1, Grade 3, tumor 1.2cm, 0/3 nodes -,BRCA1-BRCA2 Polly
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 5:48pm
Hi Jen,

Arthritis pain, stiff joints, feeling like we are decades older, are all symptoms or side effects of our treatment.  I've found many medical professionals are reluctant to admit that the treatment has side effects that can stay with us a long time, if not, forever.  Many side effects will get better the longer you are out from treatment, but some may stay.  Exercise, yoga and walking will all help you feel better.  

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

rosered71169 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosered71169 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 8:20pm
I agree with Donna. i have alot more aches and pains than I did before I had treatment but walking daily, light weight lifting and yoga help alot!
IDC 2-21-2012 @ age 42 TNBC, Stage IIA, Gr 3, 1.5cm Tumor Rt Breast, 3 Lymph Nodes, Neoadj Chemo, TACx6,BRCA Neg, Bilateral Mastectomy 7-30-12, 28 Rads, Bilateral DIEP 5-22-13...3 Beautiful Daughters
Jen78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 8:34am

Are their any foods that can help with joint pain?? Hoping some of this goes away after treatment!! Thank you for the advice my onco has advised that I do yoga or walk also... I'm just so tired all the time guess I will have to fight that feeling and get this butt moving!!

DX TNBC 6/13,Lumpectomy,Age 35,Stage 1, Grade 3, tumor 1.2cm, 0/3 nodes -,BRCA1-BRCA2 Polly
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 5:43pm
Hello Jen78,

So sorry that you need to find a site like this, but I'm thankful that it is here.  It has helped me so much the past few years to be able to share and compare with all the ladies and gentlemen here.

I had gemzar, also, as part of my chemo treatment in 2006.  I had a lot of neuropathy in my hands and feet during treatment and for a long time afterwards.  Also, I typed a lot at my job and I found it to be painful and tiring for a long time afterwards.  It does get better.

Since you are in active treatment and still working, you need to be easy on yourself.  The fatigue that you feel is normal and a part of taking chemo.   Walking and staying active do help, but just know that until you finish your treatments, you will continue to have pain and fatigue.   Your body will only let you push it so far and then it will start to rebel.  Please be as gentle with yourself as possible and you will  come thru this fine.

Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic