FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Almost done - and worst treatment yet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Donnas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Almost done - and worst treatment yet
    Posted: Sep 12 2013 at 11:03am
I finished 12 weeks of taxol a month ago and started radiation last week.  Hang in there!  As everyone else said, I didn't lose my eyebrows or eyelashes until 6 weeks into the taxol.  I chose to shave my hair off before AC took it.  I think it was a control thing.  Think of how far you've come!!
Donna
denise07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denise07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2013 at 9:39pm
Tracy,
Good luck with your mri results. You will get through all of this it is a long road to travel, but you will be fine just fine.
Hugs
Denise
DX Idc 10/07,st2,gr3,2/6 lymphnodes
tracyinva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracyinva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 1:19am
Breast cancer ran in my family and my surgeon was positive my genetics test was going to come back positive. This was back in the 70's I watch my grandmother die from BC. It was very hard on me. Even to this day.  She had such a small tumor . Smaller than a pea but she never knew it until it had spread. Times changes and so has technology. I guess that is my biggest fear is that once I get through it I will miss is or my dr wont catch if it comes back. I had a cat and had cancer and had her undergo surgery and all it took was one cell they missed and it came back with vengeance and had to put her her down. I  guess we all have life experiences that bring us to our own assumptions. I hope the dr can help me through the surgery consult on the 23 when I go over the MRI results.. 
Diagnosed 4/29
Lymph nodes clear on MRI on 5/20
2x2 statge 1 or 11A
AC and T 6/9 - 9/13
final mri- no lymph 4mm or less residual
Lump right side on 10/16
7 nodes taken - all clear - clean margins

tracyinva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracyinva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 1:13am
yeah....I am looking forward to it but the closer it gets it the more anxious and scared to go to the next stage after. I feel like a weirdo in some ways.  Now at this point I've had a few people come  up and ask me point blank whats wrong with you? How did you lose your hair. One was just a 12 year old kid. I just told him I had cancer and left it at that. 

I am probably going to have both breast take off and reconstructed.  

Edited by tracyinva - Sep 08 2013 at 1:14am
Diagnosed 4/29
2x2 statge 1 or 11A
AC and T 6/9 - 9/13
Lump right side on 10/16

weekender09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weekender09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 12:54am
I didn't lose the eyebrows till taxol then the lashes and brows completely disappeared to join my long locks we shaved off so many months before.  But...The lashes started within a month to reappear and two months later my brows are back and have been actually waxed and shaped, my lashes can wear mascara and my hair covers my head already.  Like quarter inch all over.  

One more treatment and as I say every day...It is all worth it to live.  :)

Watching and praying for you. 

Barb
02/12/13 DX TNBC, Grade III, Stage 3, 3.3cm tumor, IMN and 1 lymph Positive, Chemo A/C T complete 6/13
BRCA1-/BRCA2+ Variance, BIL 7/13, 33 RADS complete 10/13 Remssion :)
tracyinva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracyinva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 11:24pm
This taxol is really the worst on my hair. AC were not nearly as bad.  But this Taxol is doing double what the AC did in a shorter amount of time. Its not working on my eyesbrows now:(
Diagnosed 4/29
2x2 statge 1 or 11A
AC and T 6/9 - 9/13
Lump right side on 10/16

krisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 10:20am
Hang in there! I remember that feeling of being so close to the finish line.
tracyinva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracyinva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 11:21pm
I just had taxo number 7 of 8 on Friday. The nurse said it was okay not to take my steriods since I was not having a adverse reaction and  I had been cutting them down gradually so on this cycle I stopped and got into the treatment fine and half way through well my whole body starting having prick and pains and felt like I couldn't talk and they immediately called the dr over. They countered it with another dose of bendadryl which made me fill like a zombie. I forgot to mention they mega dosed me out steroids as a result of me cutting my normal steroids out which they never told me.If I had known that I would have taken my normal blue pills. I guess the Taxol gave me the horrid side effects and its back to me taking my blue pills for my last treatment on sept 13. I cannot wait. I want to cry sometimes because its so close yet so far away. Then my mri on the 16th.  I can honestly say its been a long tough road. I made it through all my 4 months of dd therapy with only a slight reduction on 2 AC cycles to 85 percent.

Yes what little hair I have left is still falling out.  Each day is still a challenge as the biggest challenge ai have is the bone pain.  My WBC hold at 3.5 each week. I started some iron and some b12 supplement that goes under my tounge that is liquid.

The nurse navigator said I am not eligible for any clinical trials right now b/cause I have no lymph node involvement. 

If anyone knows any please feel to post or pm me.

Thanks for listening to my journey and hopefully we all will beat this together.

Diagnosed 4/29
2x2 statge 1 or 11A
AC and T 6/9 - 9/13
Lump right side on 10/16

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic