FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

End of treatment NOW WHAT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Fats1976 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fats1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: End of treatment NOW WHAT
    Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 11:15am
To all the lovely people on this forumn, so finally a Journey that started in September 2012, has finally reached the finish Line, Bitter, sweet.... Mom was diagnosed with tnbc stage 1, no node involvment, did 6 months cmf chemo, and just completed 28 radiation treatments with 7 boosts yesterday! I'm happy that she no longer has to endure the side effects of chemo and then radiation... But now what, no pill... like other breast cancers, her first follow up will be in August where we'll be given her follow up care program!!! scary now we wait for the check ups, and pray for the best! Want to Thank everyone here, for all your love support and advice, our journey was made so much easier, for all the advice we were given! God Bless you all, will still be here, to advise where I can, and keep you all updated, and keep reading all the interesting posts! Xxxxxxx
Mom Dx 9/12
Stage 1c No Nodes involved.
Lump clear margins 10/12. Started 6 months of cmf chemo 11/12. Ended 4/13. RADS 28 tx 7 boosts ended 7/13. 02/14 Scans NED. 10/14 Scans NED. 6/15 Scans NED.

Fats1976 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fats1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 12:43pm
on another thought.... I think a new journey has begun, one of being a survivor... and staying a survivor, Perhaps this jouney @ first will be scary, or I suppose it will always be stressful, especially when it comes to time of follow ups.... A New way of life I suppose, one that all you survivors are living! God Bless Fats.... 
Mom Dx 9/12
Lump clear margins 10/12. Started 6 months of cmf chemo 11/12. Ended 4/13. RADS 28 tx 7 boosts ended 7/13. 02/14 Scans NED. 10/14 Scans NED. 6/15 Scans NED.

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2013 at 2:34pm
Dear Fats,

Stay in touch.  I am praying the very best for your mother in the future, and for you.

Yes! you really summarized our journey, after treatment ends, very well.   We are a large group of ladies seeking the "New Us's"..... It is scary and stressful at times, but I have all confidence that your mom will be a Superior "New Her".....

Love and God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2013 at 9:06am
Dear Fats,

good luck to you and your mom....hopefully it will always be NED (No Evidence of Disease). My daughter, 9 years out next month next month, hopefully will be NED, always, too. 

you are a lovely daughter and advocate for your Mom.

warmly,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
Fats1976 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fats1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 4:52am
@ Lillie, a special Thank-you to you, you were one of the first people, to answer to my state of panic, when my mom was first diagnosed! You immediately put me @ ease! You're an Angel, our journey was and will be made easier, with everyones support!

@ Steve, thanks for your lovely message, anything for my mom. She deserves the best, was a widow @ 38 my age soon, and brought up four kids on her own, I can't imagine how hard it must have been for her, although we've never really chatted, read all your posts, So happy for your daughter, NED for 9 years, gives us who is now starting on the survivor ship, lots of hope! You help so many people on here, and because you want to, your passion with tnbc is here, in proof with all your answers, never stop what you doing! I don't believe you understand or realise the impact you have! God Bless!

Lots of Love and light and well wishes to everyone here, from a "cold" 16 degrees, :-) and Sunny South Africa Fats
Mom Dx 9/12

denise07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denise07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 12:49am
Fats,
So glad your mom has met the finish line!!! end of treatment I hear you no pill for five years! Scarey...the one thing that entered my mind when I read your topic What Next? The first thing that entered my mind was prayer like my doctor has said you have done everything that you could have it is now in Gods hands. Wishing a healthy future for mom and you!
Hugs
Denise
DX Idc 10/07,st2,gr3,2/6 lymphnodes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic