FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rick Simpson Oil (phoenix tears)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Jeanine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 5:54am
Hi
I have heard many success stories using this oil
I am looking for someone how is supplying it because my grand mother is terminally ill and we are looking for something to relieve her pain can u please please please send me your contact persons info to jeanineventer1@gmail.com it is very urgent!

TriplePositiveGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 1:25pm
Jeanine -

Where are you located? Part of the potential issue with getting the oil might be the local laws and restrictions. 

Lisa
Diagnosed Jan 2010; Stage IIa, grade 2, 3.2cm in rt. breast, no nodes and BRCA-. 4 cycles Carbo/Gemzar 3/10; Lump 6/10; 2 cycles carbo/gem after surgery 8/10; 35 Rads finished 12/1/10. NED.
heimitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heimitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 10:53am
Hi Fats,
My Dad fighting adenocarcinoma at the moment . Chemo taking its toll. Can you please give me more information on the product you are using . We are desperate. Please help. jsurvivor@yahoo.com

[
mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 11:19am
I did a bit of Googling. Typed in Rick Simpson oil fraud. A whole bunch of stuff came up as well as the RCMP raiding his house. He seems to be a hero in the medical marijuana crowd but as well as finding a recipe so that you can make it yourself, (just add recipe to the Google search) it seems to be simply a hemp oil. As MD Answers doctor responded, there's been no clinical trials nor any research done that is beyond anecdotal feedback. It may ease side effects, but the hefty price of buying a bottle makes me hesitate. Just sayin
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
Fats1976 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fats1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 2:13pm
Hi... I started this thread originally, we did get the oil... we got it to help mom with the side effects of chemo... my mom hated it, and only used it three times.... she felt high.... nauseous... and suffered some hallucinations, its a very potent form of hemp oil...it was so expensive. .. here in Sa R1400 for a 3 mil syringe... so honestly ladies can't say if it works or doesn't.... I don't know about the "cure" but I do believe if one can tolerate it... will help with pain management... anxiety. .. appetite enhancer.... Heimitch Im in johannesburg, South Africa... Where you from?
Mom Dx 9/12
Stage 1c No Nodes involved.
Lump clear margins 10/12. Started 6 months of cmf chemo 11/12. Ended 4/13. RADS 28 tx 7 boosts ended 7/13. 02/14 Scans NED. 10/14 Scans NED. 6/15 Scans NED.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 7:45pm
I can't say I tried the Rick Simpson oil, but I did use medical cannabis during chemo and found it very helpful in reducing anxiety, stress and pain (the symptoms of neuropathy). I am not a smoker, so I tried the edibles (brownies!). The biggest issue is finding the right dose amount for your needs. Fats - it sounds like from the symptoms your Mom experienced, it was too potent for her. Hallucinations should not happen if the dose is right. I'm sorry she experienced that. 

I did not have any appetite trouble from the chemo since I really did not have a nausea problem so I can't say if the edibles made any difference there. The primary benefit I received was pain and stress reduction, which is nothing to sneeze at since handling the stress from the diagnosis was a real problem for me.

Lisa
Diagnosed Jan 2010; Stage IIa, grade 2, 3.2cm in rt. breast, no nodes and BRCA-. 4 cycles Carbo/Gemzar 3/10; Lump 6/10; 2 cycles carbo/gem after surgery 8/10; 35 Rads finished 12/1/10. NED.
CrunchyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrunchyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:02pm
I have done a lot of research on this, and I believe it does work, you have to start off with a tiny dose. It is the essential oil of cannabis so very concentrated.  I plan to start it after all my treatments, saving up the money for it now, it's about $1500 for the 3 months worth, taking a tiny amount, smaller than a grain of rice per day. I have heard many stories of people being cured, problem is there are very few clinical trials, hopefully that will change.
here's the articles I have found

http://mct.aacrjournals.org/content/6/11/2921.long
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16728591
http://www.bbm1.ucm.es/cannabis/archivos/publicaciones/Caffarel%20Cancer%20Treat%20Rev%202012%20online.pdf

Making a distillery in your house is super dangerous. It can be bought if you live in a medical marijuana state. My advice would be to drive to the closest state, the bottle is tiny, just smuggle it! we're fighting cancer here people, go ahead throw my bald ass in jail! 

But seriously smoking it saved my life during the nauseous times, when the pills just weren't enough.
3cm in left 31yrs 4 Red devil, 12 taxol, neg nodes, surgery July 2014. Tumors shrunk by 1cm all negative. Now cancer Free!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:19pm
Hi Crunchy,

I'm glad you posted about this and provided the links to these articles. I do believe in the health benefits of medical marijuana. It worked for me, and if people can get past the idea of using cannabis, they might find true relief of many of the side effects of traditional treatment. I live in California, so getting marijuana in any form is fairly easy. (I wish this were true for anyone and everyone who is suffering from ANY kind of disease where cannabis can help.) I personally liked the fact that it was much better than taking opiates or other highly addictive drugs for my symptoms. As I said above, I preferred the edibles. They were great...:)

Keep us posted on the cannabis oil!!!!
Lisa

mainsailset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mainsailset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:14pm
The 3 links were greatly appreciated for someone who is a novice at understanding this. It's aggravating that so much of the information comes from pretrial studies. I'm going to assume there is AMA resistence, perhaps not.

I enjoyed the Wiki article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3ATriple_negative_breast_cancer which seems to be a discussion board more than the typical Wiki encyclopedia form. The discussion is fascinating and there is a bit in there about the Cannabinoid research.
dx 7/08 TN 14x6.5x5.5 cm tumor

3 Lymph nodes involved, Taxol/Sunitab+AC, 5/09 dbl masectomy, path 2mm tumor removed, lymphs all clear, RAD 32 finished 9/11/09. 9/28 CT clear 10/18/10 CT clear
CatWhispurrer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWhispurrer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 10:24pm
I would love to try this but still do not see any way a person can get it in states where it is not legal.  Does ANYONE have any information on how we can get it?   I live in GA.   Do we have to have a prescription?  do we have to have a doctor from the state where it is legal?    Please, someone tell me how to get it!
Found lump 9/16/11, age 55, Diagnosed 10/27 IDC TN, LX/SNB 12/7/11, Stage 1, Grade 3, 1.8 cm, 0/3 nodes, BRCA-, DD A/C on 1/23/12, followed by DD Taxol. 3/14/14 Stage IV, 3/26/14 Paclitaxel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrunchyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 12:11pm
If you go to a state where it is legal it is easy to find the docs that will give you a prescription. They advertise in those weekly papers or online. They will give anyone a prescription who has a condition. I tried to get one from my oncologist and he said even though it is legal in our state he is federally licensed and it's still illegal federally.
3cm in left 31yrs 4 Red devil, 12 taxol, neg nodes, surgery July 2014. Tumors shrunk by 1cm all negative. Now cancer Free!
nancykind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nancykind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 7:30pm
a friend of mine had to get a po box in the state in which it was legal and with that, had no issues finding a doctor who would prescribe.   the times they are a'changing and i for one am glad.   i believe cannabinoids have a lot of value and i also found relief for the nausea by using it. 
Lg lump never visible on any films but found 9mm. Lump 1/25/12, DX 1/31@50yrs IIIC/TN/DCIS/INV, Margins Unclr, Ki67 40%,Gr2. MX L 2/24. 3.1cm total. 11/17nodes. AC/T 2xWk,33rads. 12/12 MX R. 9/13 NED!
Powder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 7:56pm
I have been wondering if the oil was available in the states where it is legal for medical use.  My research tells me that you need a specific 1:1 ration of TCH and CBD for it to work against the cancer cells.  This only comes from specific plant strains.  I am on the hunt as part of my stay healthy after chemo and radiation regime.  Would love any information anyone has and is willing to share.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrunchyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 3:14am
Update: I've started to use the oil this week. I have two more weeks of chemo and the tumor just started shrinking rapidly, I've also been rubbing frankincense oil on it, So I'm starting the cannabis oil to continue the shrinking after chemo and before surgery.

I got a the cannatonic strain. It was very easy to get here in California, and the delivery services sometimes work with patients to get a better deal on it. He said their recreational users help pay for free or discounted medicine for cancer patients.

I will post about it as I go, but the first night I accidentally squeezed out too much so i took a double dose, about the size of two grains of rice, and i did start to hallucinate a tiny bit, but went to sleep and slept like a rock till 11 am. Pretty groggy in the morning.

So second dose i took the correct amount (grain of rice size) and i feel fine. 

So my advice is take a tiny amount first and work up to the right dose. You cannot overdose on the stuff you will get some side effects though, visions, grogginess.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWhispurrer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 3:24pm
CrunchyGirl - Thanks for the update.  I am very interested in getting the MM oil.  Do you live in CA?  Is that how you got it? You said if you go to a state where it is legal that you can find a doctor to prescribe it, but then said your own MO wouldn't even prescribe it even if it is legal in your state?  

Most of my research shows you have to be a RESIDENT of that state before you an get a prescription.   Can you explain between just going to a state and getting it versus having to be a resident to get it?   Are there certain states that you don't have to be a resident that a doctor will prescribe it if you live out-of-state?    Illinois would be the closest state to me that just passed medical marijuana starting this year (2014), but in reading their regulations, it says you have to be a resident of IL to get it.
Found lump 9/16/11, age 55, Diagnosed 10/27 IDC TN, LX/SNB 12/7/11, Stage 1, Grade 3, 1.8 cm, 0/3 nodes, BRCA-, DD A/C on 1/23/12, followed by DD Taxol. 3/14/14 Stage IV, 3/26/14 Paclitaxel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrunchyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 11:56pm
yeah, i just learned you do have to be a resident, but if you found a friend who was a resident that would work, I know, illegal, but that's all you can do. I do live in CA and my oncologist still wouldn't do it, but he did say it was ok.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 12:36pm
i have had friends visit me in California from out of town and gotten a medical marijuana card. I really think it depends on where you go get it. There are specific "doctors" that prescribe these cards - go to Venice Beach and you will see them all over the place. I know this sounds unethical - but this is how it is done.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWhispurrer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 3:21pm
Thanks for all this helpful info.

Okay, so if you know someone in a state where you get a medical marijuana card, what other "things" do you have to tell a doctor to get the card?   Like, I have a niece in CO where you can get the MM, so if I went to CO and used her address, do they also ask for your primary doctor or oncologist names, etc.?  Obviously, I wouldn't have any other doctors from CO since I live in GA.   Just trying to prepare in my mind how to get it done as I want to try it.  Chemo is wearing me down and so far not eliminating the tumors but I am still on my first line treatment with mets.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriplePositiveGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 3:29pm
Hi Cat,

When I got my MM card the doctor did not ask who my onc was or any details. All I told them was I was undergoing treatment for cancer and was receiving chemotherapy. The Chemo causes unpleasant side effects that the marijuana is very helpful in combating. That is essentially enough info for the doctor to prescribe a card. I really think you will have absolutely no issue getting a MM card. 

Lisa
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWhispurrer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 3:55pm
Has anyone seen this website or tried ordering from here?  It compares its oil to RSO/phoenix tears:

http://www.bluebird-botanicals.com/CBD_Blends.php
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic