FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tribute for my wife Sara

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
courtice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote courtice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2013 at 8:28pm
I finished this rock in acrylic paint and placed it in the front garden beside a hosta that Sara had asked me to plant. The idea for the rock came from Sara's father Jim, and he had been asking me for a while to complete it so I finally did. On another note, I had a good day developing my design work collateral piece for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation's "Pink Ribbon" kit, I will post some images of the final piece when it's done.

Edited by courtice - Jun 30 2013 at 8:29pm
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2013 at 8:42pm

Hello Courtice,   Nice to see your post!   This is a lovely idea. A very nice way to remember your dear wife Sara. I look forward to seeing what you are creating for the Canadian Cancer Foundation.

I have a friend who has a chronic disease and lives not far from you in Pickering, Ont. He paints all kinds of Holy Pictures of the Saints on these types of rocks and gives them to people who make a request for one of their favourite saints whom they have a devotion to.

When I saw your post I was quite amazed!

God Bless...Love, Annie
Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
courtice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote courtice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 9:58am
Annie, thanks for that. I would be interested in seeing some of his work, does he have a website?

Take care,

Norb
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 10:38am

Hi Norb,   He does not have a website. I have to return a call to him and will try and do it this week. I will ask him if you would be able to go over and see his work sometime. I am sure he will only be too glad. He does have MS and is not very well, some days better than others. He lives along the Pickering Parkway up by the Pickering Town Centre. I am sure you would love what you see...I will get back to you but it might not be until next week... He may be able to e-mail you some of his work which may be easier...Take care... Love, Annie
Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
courtice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote courtice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 3:31pm
Finally completed the Pink Ribbon Kit for the CBCF. I hope to do more volunteer work for them in the fight against breast cancer. Also, Maddy and I went to the niche on Sunday to share a part of our Christmas tree and an ornament with Sara. I feel that even though Sara isn't here physically she is here spiritually.

Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 9:15pm

Dear Norb,   What beautiful and touching sentiments of Love.    A picture speaks a thousand words!

Thank You for sharing this. Take care, Love, Annie

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 9:55pm
Dear Norb,
How wonderful to put your emotions into tangible things that honor Sara and help you and your children to heal.

What a wonderful, beautiful tribute.

God Bless and Merry Christmas
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
courtice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote courtice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 10:32pm
A painting I just completed titled "A Rose for Sara". It's from a photo I took of Sara back in 1995. I placed her in a bit of an idealistic setting as a tribute to her memory. Here she's showing our two-year old son Michael a black-capped chickadee, hoping it may land on her outstretched finger. Acrylic on board, 16.75" x 24.5"

Also, another project for the CBCF.

Edited by courtice - Aug 01 2014 at 4:07pm
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 9:25am

Hello Norb, You have an incredible talent!!!   What a lovely treasure that you have created for your whole family.
                      I hope that everyone is well. Thank You for sharing this with us.   It really warms the heart!

God Bless. Love, Annie
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 10:51am
Norb,

You have an amazing talent!  The picture of Sara is beautiful and captures the essence of her spirit perfectly.  Hope you and your family are doing well.

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 11:36am
Dear Norb,

What a lovely painting of your dear Sara and your son.

There is something very, very special about a Mother's love for a child. You can just tell by the way she is holding him that he is protected and will not fall. And you know how she is explaining the bird to him and how she must have read to him and nurtured him in many ways. 

We are enjoying our two year old grandson, tremendously, so your painting really resonated with me.

I am so sorry for your loss. Another lovely woman gone much too early. There is so much work to be done.

Thank you for sharing with us.

warmly,

Steve
I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
courtice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote courtice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 4:04pm
Thank you all for your kind remarks! It's been a year and a half since Sara passed and in many ways it's been more difficult. I'm hoping that I'll find a new path at some point in time but I will always have a place in my heart for Sara. I would like to give a print of this each to Sara's parents and brothers in the UK when we visit there in a few weeks.

Edited by courtice - Aug 01 2014 at 4:08pm
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 10:22am
So lovely, a person can see your heart in this <3
TNBC stage1 size 1.8, grade3 no nodes 4/11 Lumpectomy 5/11 4cycles DD A/C 4cycles DD Taxol. Double Mastectomy 12/11 BRCA all neg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic