FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

afdsfasd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: afdsfasd
    Posted: Jul 09 2012 at 10:48pm
Dear Michelle,

Welcome to our TNBC family. I believe you will get good support here. 

Your thread is a very important one and your thoughts are shared by many even though many are reluctant to talk about it. Thank you for bringing the topic up.

When my daughter was first diagnosed with TNBC 8 years ago, I was petrified. So much so that I decided to see a therapist. And fortunately, I was advised to see a wonderful woman, Dr. Karen Hurley at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in NY. 

Her specialty is speaking with folks affected by inherited diseases such as the BRCA mutation I have and passed to my daughter.

Michelle, I think, if you can, it would help to consult with a therapist who really 'gets' what this is all about. A friend of mine with serious disease told me, after trying to assimilate the difficult prognosis, "this is all so surreal; but it is real." A good cancer center usually have folks who can help and a good oncologist should also be able to recommend someone to help you.

Cancer doesn't come with a manual of how to handle e.g. predictions of a shortened life expectancy.

I would like to make one suggestion and that is to "try and find the beauty in each day." Some days,I know, easier said than done, but please try.

warmly,

Steve

I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
Micho123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micho123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2012 at 4:52pm
Thanks for your reply, Lillie. I was having mild shoulder pain and after various scans the spots on my lung were found. The doctor has now told me that the shoulder pain is due to the cancer because some of the spots are high on my lung (near my shoulder). Thank the Lord for shoulder pain! :-) 

I have only been on Xeloda for a week (we spent a month looking at clinical trials and exploring second opinions. I am praying that it works for me!

Thanks again for your reply. 

Sincerely,

Michelle 
Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2012 at 4:44pm

Dear Micho123,

I would like to welcome you to the TNBC site.  I am so sorry you have a reason to be here.  I cannot answer your question since I have not had a recurrence, but there are many ladies here who can, and I am sure they will. 

Did you have symptoms that led to discovery of the recurrence or was it found on a routine scan?  I pray that Xeloda continues to do well for you and puts you into NED. 

This is a great place for support and sharing.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
Micho123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micho123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2012 at 4:05pm
fadfadsfas

Edited by Micho123 - Jul 13 2012 at 12:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic