FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fiona Field

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SagePatientAdvocates View Drop Down
Senior Advisor
Senior Advisor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SagePatientAdvocates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fiona Field
    Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 12:23am
Dear TNBC Foundation Family,

I am a member of USC's Cancer Survivorship Advisory Council. I feel it is a good group headed by Diana Chingos, who is a breast cancer survivor and a patient advocate. At today's CSAC meeting I found out that Fiona Field, a Certified Genetic Counselor, at USC, had passed from Metastatic Breast Cancer on April 1st of this year after a brutal recurrence.

I first met Fiona about two years ago when I invited her to a movie event (In The Family) in Los Angeles. We had dinner with several friends afterwards and she impressed me as a very bright, knowledgeable, lovely woman. I then went to USC with a woman I am helping who has breast cancer and she and I met with Fiona. My opinion of her, on all counts, was strengthened. At the end of the meeting, my friend went to the bathroom and Fiona turned to me and said very, very seriously.."I am a survivor and I get it. I will try my best to help your friend." And she did. 

Evidently Fiona's cancer returned the end of last year and the decline was tragically swift.

I can't say that Fiona was a close friend and I was not invited to the beautiful memorial service they had for her but I was profoundly saddened by the news. Another bright light...gone at the age of 45.

Fiona, I shed tears for you today. Thank you for your graciousness, your smarts, your dedication and your friendship.

with my deepest condolences to Fiona's family,

Steve

I am a BRCA1+ grandson, son and father of women affected by breast/oc-my daughter inherited mutation from me, and at 36, was dx 2004 TNBC I am a volunteer patient advocate with SAGE Patient Advocates
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 8:48am
Steve,

Thank you for sharing Fiona with us.  I'm sure that being a survivor she was able to empathize with other women and help them even more.  She understood what we go through and it probably improved her ability to counsel others.  What is so sad, another lovely woman gone too soon.  

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Lillie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2012 at 1:57pm
Dear Steve,
I am so sorry to learn of Fiona's death.  Yes, It is people like her that make a big difference in the lives of others who have cancer.  She understood.
May she rest in peace and may we never forget any of these ladies and the impact they have had on the lives of others.

God Bless,
Lillie
Dx 6/06 age 65,IDC-TNBC
Stage IIb,Gr3,2cm,BRCA-
6/06 L/Mast/w/SNB,1of3 Nodes+
6/06 Axl. 9 nodes-
8/8 thru 11/15 Chemo (Clin-Trial) DD A/Cx4 -- DD taxol+gemzar x4
No Rads.
No RECON - 11/2018-12 yrs NED
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2012 at 3:59pm
Steve, It just makes one realize even more, if we have today, we shall be thankful, for none of us knows tomorrow. Thanks Love, Annie
Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
Grateful for today View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grateful for today Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2012 at 5:37pm

Fiona, May you rest in peace.

Sincere sympathy and caring thoughts to her family and friends.

Grateful for today...........Judy
TNBC_in_NS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNBC_in_NS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 9:10am
Sorry to hear this news about your friend Fiona :(
Another angel to watch over us!
Too young, too soon......
hugs, h in NS
Diag@57TNBC04/092.5cm Lquad 05/09 TCx4Radsx30CT03/01/10 FU03/31/10ClearBRCA- 01/2011 RTNBC BMX 06/14/2011~2013 clear
Melissa P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2012 at 3:53pm
Steve, so sorry to hear of your friend, Fiona's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family. xx Melissa
"Hope for more Tomorrows"
TNBC dx August 2009, Age 41, Stage 2, 2cm, 0 nodes Lumpectomy/ACx4,Taxolx4/33rads
Triple Negative Breast Cancer, "I Won't Back Down!"
mlsspaskvan.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic