FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eyesight and Chemotherapy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
strongtogether View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongtogether Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eyesight and Chemotherapy
    Posted: Dec 03 2019 at 5:52pm
Has anyone else heard of eyesight deterioration from AC/ TC?
 It's been about three weeks now since the end of chemo. The MO says that this is the same as the  muscle weakness in the rest of the body. The rye muscles are simply weakened and cant.focus the lens properly, and that this should resolve over the coming months.
 Has anyone else seen or heard this?
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2019 at 8:04am
Yes, I have.  They told me to wait until after treatment ended for the vision to try and go back to normal and before having my eye checked for new glasses or contacts. 
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongtogether Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2019 at 5:08pm
I hear you, Donna. I am thinking of just buying a pair of cheap glasses in the meantime.
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2019 at 11:33am
My vision prescription changed a lot after chemo both times. I was told to wait a couple of months after chemo to get tested for new glasses. Both times it was a big relief to be able to see again when I'd finally get the new glasses. Chemo - the gift that keeps on giving! 
PS the good news is, once you've waited and gotten a new prescription, you go back to not changing much year to year. Like a normal person. 
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongtogether Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2019 at 11:13pm
 Thanks Kelly,
I was surprised that the optometrist didn't seem to know anything at all about chemotherapy and eyesight. I will hold off for a couple of weeks before getting some - dont want to lose my free ones before the year ends!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic